Serious accusations, Rocky KTM folding?

langhammx
Fantasy
455th
4/7/2022 4:58pm
Markus422 wrote:
BBMX? Cool they named the team in honor of their great partnership with their most successful rider, class acts.
That’s been his team name for many years…
Butler Bros MX
seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
4/7/2022 5:23pm
seth505 wrote:
A better question, why bother sharing videos from people who are known to be self-serving douchebags? There are outlets that report on real happenings and there...
A better question, why bother sharing videos from people who are known to be self-serving douchebags? There are outlets that report on real happenings and there are outlets that report to "get clicks". Fuck the latter.
Bruce372 wrote:
If your frustration is directed towards me for sharing, my intent was not to help that youtube channel with clicks, but actually to find out what...
If your frustration is directed towards me for sharing, my intent was not to help that youtube channel with clicks, but actually to find out what was going on
I know you had no ill intent but now that TeamGreen posted the truth straight from Forest, unnecessary damage is already done. People stopping by Vital have read this/checked out the video and without a 2nd thought shared the "scoop" with others and that comes with unneeded BS like strain on the team/sponsors/staff.

The Shop

Glowie
4/7/2022 5:47pm
Since 2018 we’ve lost Gieco, Factory Yam, Rocky Mtn, Factory Suzuki, RCH, JGR…Yikes
What do you think is going on with that? I know the current financial apocalypse we're enjoying has something to do with it, but moto seems to be growing. Why does it seem like we have so many teams exiting?
HD1200
4/7/2022 6:02pm
Markus422 wrote:
BBMX? Cool they named the team in honor of their great partnership with their most successful rider, class acts.
langhammx wrote:
That’s been his team name for many years…
Butler Bros MX
I thought he was trying to make a joke with being Brake Bracket MX 😁
dr00andrew
4/7/2022 6:08pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Has Cooksey filed a retraction yet?
Grinning
he never will. you actually think he'd eat that crow of wildly inaccurate reporting? he will probably challenge forrest butler to another fight like he did over the baggett issue
DunnySeat
Fantasy
2648th
4/7/2022 6:13pm
RichieW13 wrote:
Do you think they were generally looking to get out of sponsoring a team, or that team in particular? I have to imagine RMATVMC is coming...
Do you think they were generally looking to get out of sponsoring a team, or that team in particular?

I have to imagine RMATVMC is coming off 2 of their best years ever in terms of revenue. It seems like they would be able to afford to keep doing it. (Assuming any of these sponsors can really afford to fund expensive race teams.)
LungButter wrote:
I would hope they still want to support a Team, I just can't imagine any company the size of RMATV is super stoked to be involved...
I would hope they still want to support a Team, I just can't imagine any company the size of RMATV is super stoked to be involved with a Team that has drama, lawsuits etc. that Butler Bros have.

This is all just speculation on my end though.
TeamGreen wrote:
Do you have any idea how many “teams”, including “Factory”, have had law suits?
And a certain former rider on this team also sued another team. It happens and the lawyers always end on top.
Viking782
4/7/2022 7:01pm
If he would’ve just said “Rocky Mountain is done with him because he sucks”, people would like ok I guess Cooksey was right. But he just couldn’t help himself haha
DKmxFAN
4/7/2022 7:17pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Well, I’m out in the Dez at a facility where we make sure certain vehicles do what they’re suppose to do…& I was asked to post...
Well, I’m out in the Dez at a facility where we make sure certain vehicles do what they’re suppose to do…& I was asked to post this…

Hello to all: This is Forrest Butler, owner of Butler Brothers Mx, LLC, in short - the BBMX race team. I refer to the Team as BBMX at this time, as this message is in respects to ALL of the great Sponsors, Riders, Staff, Friends and most importantly to me personally - the Fans.

2022 marks the 19th year since BBMX was truly named and registered as the business, Butler Brothers Mx, LLC. Over these 19 years we have held a number of different Sponsor Title names and without all of them we would not be here today, and without all of our Current Sponsors we wouldn't still be going wide open!

So yes, to ALL that have ever been a part of and to all that still are a part of - Thank You!!

This message is in regards to the absolute FAKE and FALSE allegations made up by Chris Cooksey and his Cooksey Media. In referring to the Team as "BBMX", here are the Facts against what Cooksey says in his self made interview:

- No, BBMX is NOT going out of business / folding / or anything of the sort.
- Yes, BBMX will 100% be in St. Louis (in fact the Semi and some staff are already there).
- Yes, BBMX is fully IN for the remainder of the Monster Energy Supercross Series.
- Yes, BBMX is fully IN for the entire Lucas Oil Pro Motocross National's.

Yes - We have had a change within the BBMX sponsor wise, as we are no longer affiliated with Rocky Mountain ATV/MC. We do have a new Title Sponsor in line, and we will be announcing them in near time. None the less and again as spoken above, BBMX is still 100% in business.

As per our Riders, both Shane McElrath and Max Anstie will be returning this weekend in St. Louis, back from injuries. Joey Savatgy is continuing to heal up nicely from his total ACL repair done following round 3 of the San Diego SX, and is currently expected to make his return by the start of Outdoors.

I can say and speak to all right now: That I have absolutely no idea what or why Chris Cooksey has it out for me. Up until this past May (2021), I had never even heard of his name. And I only became aware of who he was when some sent me a link to a negative, false video he had made of me and BBMX. For a couple of weeks he was relentless, but I quickly came to realize that it wasn't just me he was making these ridiculous video's and claims about. He was doing it to a number of others, from Rider's to Promoter's, it was not something I wished to be associated with.

The worst, and I speak this from that absolute deepest and truest part of my heart, is the insult or slap in the face it is to ALL of my Team's Sponsors, Staff and Rider's. We have the best Sponsors, the best. Our current Riders and Staff had a heck of an off-season, and certainly have experienced the highs and lows of the first 2/3's of this SX season. Post's like this are poison, and I would like to be able to say directly to all I opened to with this message: I will not engage with any negative posts like Cooksie's out of the All Due Respect to every single one of BBMX's amazing Sponsor's, Staff and Rider's. They are the heart and soul of everything to me, and they deserve nothing but THE BEST.

As the owner of BBMX, I have seen the darkest days and the brightest. And just as it seems in life, it always seems to be "darkest before the dawn". Thank you to everyone that gave the time to give this a read, and hope to either see you in St. Louis this weekend or at the very next race you attend. By all mean's, whenever you do make it to your race - stop by and say hi. You know my name, just grab a crew member - I would love to shake your hand for supportin' the sport.

Sincerely,

Forrest Butler
And that’s how you do it gentleman.
TeamGreen
4/7/2022 7:36pm Edited Date/Time 4/7/2022 7:37pm
I don’t know if there’s been any explanation, discussion or speculation; but, I’m assuming that after BBMX failed to get a rider on a bike for Seattle SX…RMATVMC decided they were out.

I DO NOT KNOW THIS FACTUALLY

But, I do know many of these contracts have minimum requirement clauses & I’m fairly confident in my “idiot’s analogy”.

Furthermore, I know Forrest tried to get someone on the bike: shit happens.

Disclaimer: I am sure as hell NOT taking sides. I’m just looking at the likely explanation. I hope RMATVMC continues to sponsor a team. I hope BBMX stays in it and goes outdoors, too. I ain’t mad at no one. I jus’ wanna see everyone go racin’.
Premix
4/7/2022 8:13pm
If it looks like dog shit and smells like dog shit, it’s probably dog shit
LungButter
4/7/2022 9:09pm Edited Date/Time 4/7/2022 9:10pm
TeamGreen wrote:
I’d be curious to know.

How many Teams on the level of BBMX have?

I know it’s common for smaller teams to shit out on contracts but BBMX is what I would consider “top tier”… we don’t hear about them kinda teams being in big time drama very often, especially for non payment….

I too hope they continue to go racing, the sport is better with more good rides available.
Radical
Fantasy
2360th
4/7/2022 9:49pm
tobz wrote:
How can everything about Cookesy be so annoying. Even his Cookesy jersey splayed across his own wall Grinning such a tosser
Right. I won't watch a single minute of his videos
Right. I won't watch a single minute of his videos
Agreed. Add Johnny Hopper to that mix. Garbage
Hopper is having fun, mixing a bit of serious, with sarcasm, and making a few bucks to help feed his family. I usually enjoy watching for entertainment. Sometimes I agree, sometimes I don't, just like with Steve Matthes.
I think Hopper's probably a good dude.
Braaaaap!!
Motofinne
4/7/2022 11:35pm Edited Date/Time 4/8/2022 4:55am
I never watch Cookseys stuff. But i have to comment on the topic.

It's funny how moto media almost refuses to talk about the elephant in the room regarding this team and what has been going on there. Yet they usually like to talk about shady teams and people not sticking to agreements whenever they can and create content out of it.

Why?

scott_nz
Fantasy
655th
4/7/2022 11:37pm
Motofinne wrote:
I never watch Cookseys stuff. But i have to comment on the topic. It's funny how moto media almost refuses to talk about the elephant in...
I never watch Cookseys stuff. But i have to comment on the topic.

It's funny how moto media almost refuses to talk about the elephant in the room regarding this team and what has been going on there. Yet they usually like to talk about shady teams and people not sticking to agreements whenever they can and create content out of it.

Why?

Matthes has mentioned a few times that neither Blake or Forrest will to talk about it , he had their ex head mechanic on the pulp show when he left bbmx and he was pretty honest on why , I don’t think anyone has really pushed any of it under the carpet
Bruce372
4/8/2022 1:16am Edited Date/Time 4/8/2022 1:17am
seth505 wrote:
A better question, why bother sharing videos from people who are known to be self-serving douchebags? There are outlets that report on real happenings and there...
A better question, why bother sharing videos from people who are known to be self-serving douchebags? There are outlets that report on real happenings and there are outlets that report to "get clicks". Fuck the latter.
Bruce372 wrote:
If your frustration is directed towards me for sharing, my intent was not to help that youtube channel with clicks, but actually to find out what...
If your frustration is directed towards me for sharing, my intent was not to help that youtube channel with clicks, but actually to find out what was going on
seth505 wrote:
I know you had no ill intent but now that TeamGreen posted the truth straight from Forest, unnecessary damage is already done. People stopping by Vital...
I know you had no ill intent but now that TeamGreen posted the truth straight from Forest, unnecessary damage is already done. People stopping by Vital have read this/checked out the video and without a 2nd thought shared the "scoop" with others and that comes with unneeded BS like strain on the team/sponsors/staff.
I am not sure the message from BBMX is the truth, maybe their version of the truth?

We all know MX is a bottom feeding sport with dodgy deals going on all the time. And this stinks of exactly that, with more industry insiders stepping in to forward the meesges as a way of cemeting the perception of their own relvence in this sport that isn't that relevant as professional sports go.

No damage was done that wasn't already done with the rumors around Bagget disappearing and not being paid, or both of these drama queens blowing up a fight on social media... what a joke that was.

Rocky mountain have been around for decades, that doesn't happen by accident, and them abruptly pulling out doesn't send the best message either.

Anyhow, let's moto, see you all at the track, because in the grand scheme of things, hanging out with people at the track is why most of us do this sport.

GrapeApe
Fantasy
760th
4/8/2022 5:31am
TeamGreen wrote:
LungButter wrote:
I’d be curious to know. How many Teams on the level of BBMX have? I know it’s common for smaller teams to shit out on contracts...
I’d be curious to know.

How many Teams on the level of BBMX have?

I know it’s common for smaller teams to shit out on contracts but BBMX is what I would consider “top tier”… we don’t hear about them kinda teams being in big time drama very often, especially for non payment….

I too hope they continue to go racing, the sport is better with more good rides available.
RaceFace58
4/8/2022 6:01am
LungButter wrote:
I would hope they still want to support a Team, I just can't imagine any company the size of RMATV is super stoked to be involved...
I would hope they still want to support a Team, I just can't imagine any company the size of RMATV is super stoked to be involved with a Team that has drama, lawsuits etc. that Butler Bros have.

This is all just speculation on my end though.
TeamGreen wrote:
yak651 wrote:
Nope because no one will report on it in fear of being black balled. And no riders will sue in fear of being black balled. Yet...
Nope because no one will report on it in fear of being black balled. And no riders will sue in fear of being black balled. Yet people get mad if someone spews some rumors that have some truth to…oh and then a team has to have a member post a response instead of posting it themselves?? Strange ways people work in this industry…
The posting this by asking someone on Vital to post it is really bizarre. Is this the way they run everything? His side should have been sent out to everyone as a press release. Without any other information, the handling of this simple task seems less than amateur. Yet he somehow had another title sponsor lined up? I wonder if he had a friend send them a note asking if they’d like to be his sponsor.
DonM
4/8/2022 6:07am
TeamGreen wrote:
yak651 wrote:
Nope because no one will report on it in fear of being black balled. And no riders will sue in fear of being black balled. Yet...
Nope because no one will report on it in fear of being black balled. And no riders will sue in fear of being black balled. Yet people get mad if someone spews some rumors that have some truth to…oh and then a team has to have a member post a response instead of posting it themselves?? Strange ways people work in this industry…
RaceFace58 wrote:
The posting this by asking someone on Vital to post it is really bizarre. Is this the way they run everything? His side should have been...
The posting this by asking someone on Vital to post it is really bizarre. Is this the way they run everything? His side should have been sent out to everyone as a press release. Without any other information, the handling of this simple task seems less than amateur. Yet he somehow had another title sponsor lined up? I wonder if he had a friend send them a note asking if they’d like to be his sponsor.
Pretty sure we will see a press release from both sides soon….
nrosso391
Fantasy
2824th
4/8/2022 6:17am
I don't know why a LOT of you guys are tearing Cooksey a new one. I don't agree with everything he speculates. BUT wasn't he the first person to say Tomac was going to Yamaha? I could be wrong, but I thought he had that info before Pulp did.
RaceFace58
4/8/2022 6:37am
yak651 wrote:
RaceFace58 wrote:
The posting this by asking someone on Vital to post it is really bizarre. Is this the way they run everything? His side should have been...
DonM wrote:
Pretty sure we will see a press release from both sides soon….
I would think so…..but the point is you have RacerX reporting yesterday on things being amiss and citing YouTube channels in doing so. Press releases are meant to head off this kind of thing. If you’re in business this seems like it should have been the biggest task on Butler’s plate yesterday or the day before. Now he’s got a mess on top of a mess.
McG194
4/8/2022 6:42am
TeamGreen wrote:
Well, I’m out in the Dez at a facility where we make sure certain vehicles do what they’re suppose to do…& I was asked to post...
Well, I’m out in the Dez at a facility where we make sure certain vehicles do what they’re suppose to do…& I was asked to post this…

Hello to all: This is Forrest Butler, owner of Butler Brothers Mx, LLC, in short - the BBMX race team. I refer to the Team as BBMX at this time, as this message is in respects to ALL of the great Sponsors, Riders, Staff, Friends and most importantly to me personally - the Fans.

2022 marks the 19th year since BBMX was truly named and registered as the business, Butler Brothers Mx, LLC. Over these 19 years we have held a number of different Sponsor Title names and without all of them we would not be here today, and without all of our Current Sponsors we wouldn't still be going wide open!

So yes, to ALL that have ever been a part of and to all that still are a part of - Thank You!!

This message is in regards to the absolute FAKE and FALSE allegations made up by Chris Cooksey and his Cooksey Media. In referring to the Team as "BBMX", here are the Facts against what Cooksey says in his self made interview:

- No, BBMX is NOT going out of business / folding / or anything of the sort.
- Yes, BBMX will 100% be in St. Louis (in fact the Semi and some staff are already there).
- Yes, BBMX is fully IN for the remainder of the Monster Energy Supercross Series.
- Yes, BBMX is fully IN for the entire Lucas Oil Pro Motocross National's.

Yes - We have had a change within the BBMX sponsor wise, as we are no longer affiliated with Rocky Mountain ATV/MC. We do have a new Title Sponsor in line, and we will be announcing them in near time. None the less and again as spoken above, BBMX is still 100% in business.

As per our Riders, both Shane McElrath and Max Anstie will be returning this weekend in St. Louis, back from injuries. Joey Savatgy is continuing to heal up nicely from his total ACL repair done following round 3 of the San Diego SX, and is currently expected to make his return by the start of Outdoors.

I can say and speak to all right now: That I have absolutely no idea what or why Chris Cooksey has it out for me. Up until this past May (2021), I had never even heard of his name. And I only became aware of who he was when some sent me a link to a negative, false video he had made of me and BBMX. For a couple of weeks he was relentless, but I quickly came to realize that it wasn't just me he was making these ridiculous video's and claims about. He was doing it to a number of others, from Rider's to Promoter's, it was not something I wished to be associated with.

The worst, and I speak this from that absolute deepest and truest part of my heart, is the insult or slap in the face it is to ALL of my Team's Sponsors, Staff and Rider's. We have the best Sponsors, the best. Our current Riders and Staff had a heck of an off-season, and certainly have experienced the highs and lows of the first 2/3's of this SX season. Post's like this are poison, and I would like to be able to say directly to all I opened to with this message: I will not engage with any negative posts like Cooksie's out of the All Due Respect to every single one of BBMX's amazing Sponsor's, Staff and Rider's. They are the heart and soul of everything to me, and they deserve nothing but THE BEST.

As the owner of BBMX, I have seen the darkest days and the brightest. And just as it seems in life, it always seems to be "darkest before the dawn". Thank you to everyone that gave the time to give this a read, and hope to either see you in St. Louis this weekend or at the very next race you attend. By all mean's, whenever you do make it to your race - stop by and say hi. You know my name, just grab a crew member - I would love to shake your hand for supportin' the sport.

Sincerely,

Forrest Butler
The only thing missing is saying that he is going to circle back to us.
Johnny Ringo
4/8/2022 6:59am
nrosso391 wrote:
I don't know why a LOT of you guys are tearing Cooksey a new one. I don't agree with everything he speculates. BUT wasn't he the...
I don't know why a LOT of you guys are tearing Cooksey a new one. I don't agree with everything he speculates. BUT wasn't he the first person to say Tomac was going to Yamaha? I could be wrong, but I thought he had that info before Pulp did.
No I’m pretty sure Steve had that first
bultokid
4/8/2022 7:25am
Guess we've finally reached the Big Time when the sports has it's own TMZ Drama Queen Attention Whore version
stantdm
4/8/2022 7:33am
Bruce372 wrote:
I am not sure the message from BBMX is the truth, maybe their version of the truth? We all know MX is a bottom feeding sport...
I am not sure the message from BBMX is the truth, maybe their version of the truth?

We all know MX is a bottom feeding sport with dodgy deals going on all the time. And this stinks of exactly that, with more industry insiders stepping in to forward the meesges as a way of cemeting the perception of their own relvence in this sport that isn't that relevant as professional sports go.

No damage was done that wasn't already done with the rumors around Bagget disappearing and not being paid, or both of these drama queens blowing up a fight on social media... what a joke that was.

Rocky mountain have been around for decades, that doesn't happen by accident, and them abruptly pulling out doesn't send the best message either.

Anyhow, let's moto, see you all at the track, because in the grand scheme of things, hanging out with people at the track is why most of us do this sport.

This is the best post on this subject. What Butler says should be taken with a grain of salt. We don't know what is going on and there has been enough happen that there is something very likely amiss with BBMX. Hopefully it doesn't kill the team but only time will tell.
Natester551v
4/8/2022 7:36am
I think Tommy Searle sued KTM way back in the day for breach of contract; pretty sure it was for like $600k (and I believe he won). That would've been back in the Langston/Hughes days when Brooks ran the team if I'm not mistaken.

And I think Reed sued L&M Yamaha (also a Brooks-managed team)...not sure what happened with that one...
Natester551v
4/8/2022 7:45am
BTW, Cooksey is a nutjob attention whore, but that doesn't mean he's wrong 100% of the time. I'll never click on his stuff, just because so much of it is just speculation (and he's unhinged). Not sure what to think of RMATV pulling out as title sponsor...sounds like BBMX just didn't do enough to keep a minimum number of bikes on the track, but who knows (other than Forrest and RMATV).

That being said, the lawsuits and dirty dealing may have something to do with the fact that our sport always promotes from within. You have a bunch of successful (former) MX racers that have very little education, maybe some street smarts, and zero business sense beyond just handling their own sponsors (and some of them have agents for that). Put them in charge of managing team operations, and I'd imagine mistakes are made (and tolerated). Most successful commercial businesses would have accountability measures in place (at least in the early years - most businesses grow to a certain point and lose control of that accountability process), but when your business model is mostly based on passion for the sport, and all of your buddies/family members are in key positions, well.....

DonM
4/8/2022 7:46am
nrosso391 wrote:
I don't know why a LOT of you guys are tearing Cooksey a new one. I don't agree with everything he speculates. BUT wasn't he the...
Because he’s an idiot…he’s just a drama queen that makes it all about him and he has it out for Forrest…he takes half truths and then just makes shit up to get as many hits as he can on YouTube…he does it for clicks…they won’t even give him a press pass because of shit he’s done…he was an idiot when he was on here for a minute too…
Hudd_421
4/8/2022 7:57am
Few things here...

Forrest's press release Team Green posted...grammar is not his friend...
Also, when you've had both Short and Brayton leave after a year after not meshing with the team, that throws a huge red flag. The two nicest/professional riders both said "I'm outta here". That speaks volumes

Cooksey is a giant douche...I think I'm blocked on his IG for calling him out lol I've talked to Robb Beams here and there over the years and respected the guy, once he partnered with Cooksey I was concerned. I messaged him a few times saying "dude you can't hitch your wagon to this horse" but they were hell bent on "exposing" the industry....

Here we are a year or so later, and no big bomb-drops. I know they wanted to come out with the PED stuff, but both chickened out.

Post a reply to: Serious accusations, Rocky KTM folding?

The Latest