Serious accusations, Rocky KTM folding?

Related:
Create New Tag

4/7/2022 1:58 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/7/2022 9:14 AM

I am all about independent media, but this is a tough watch.... some serious accusations and the guy needs to be careful he doesn't get sued for libel. Also, some really broad rambling meaningless generic statements mixed in.

What I find more sad about social media is the comments, are people this stupid to blame the team sponsor?

I guess we will find out more if rocky ktm show up this weekend, but damn, what a race to the bottom between this sports participants, media and spectators.

|

4/7/2022 2:25 AM

Welcome to motorsport.

Bold claims, but what else would you expect, can't take it seriously from that source but with it being mentioned so often elsewhere it looks like it ain't just smoke...

|

4/7/2022 2:47 AM

Wow, if this is true, really sucks for the people involved, and for us fans. Again, its the same name I've heard before.

|

4/7/2022 2:49 AM

Wow

|

4/7/2022 3:20 AM

How can everything about Cookesy be so annoying. Even his Cookesy jersey splayed across his own wall grin such a tosser

|

4/7/2022 3:35 AM

tobz wrote:

How can everything about Cookesy be so annoying. Even his Cookesy jersey splayed across his own wall grin such a tosser

Right. I won't watch a single minute of his videos

|

4/7/2022 3:56 AM

There are unscrupulous business people in plumbing, painting, car dealerships, dentistry, all over, why is it controversy when a moto team is run poorly? Why the hush, hush? If it is fact what is wrong with airing it? It seems the clique of this sport encircles it tighter and tighter as it grows.

|

4/7/2022 4:09 AM

This ding dong has had an axe to grind ever since he got fired from WPS. No wonder Forrest wanted to beat his ass.

|

4/7/2022 4:19 AM

DunnySeat wrote:

This ding dong has had an axe to grind ever since he got fired from WPS. No wonder Forrest wanted to beat his ass.

So its not true ?

|

4/7/2022 4:23 AM

Press release coming??

|

4/7/2022 4:44 AM

Very much dislike cooksey and his delivery/content…. But he at least says shit other people know but “can’t” say.

|

Washed up moto and enduro weekend warrior.

4/7/2022 4:45 AM

tobz wrote:

This guy is about as skeezy as they get.
And while I have no doubt that RM ATV is a shady organization to say the least,
I'd bet the cooksey dude has stuff in a dark corner of his laptop that might have him sharing a cage elsewhere.

|

#FMS

4/7/2022 4:59 AM

Clownsey media at it again.

|

Alright Lunger, Let's Do It

4/7/2022 5:13 AM

Looks like he can't even spell "Forrest" right.

|

4/7/2022 5:14 AM

Richy wrote:

Welcome to motorsport.

Bold claims, but what else would you expect, can't take it seriously from that source but with it ...more

Can't take it seriously............looks like it ain't just smoke.

Pick one.

|

Florida Trail Riders Area 4 Director
Volusia/Flagler Counties

4/7/2022 5:18 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/7/2022 5:19 AM

Can't take it seriously from just that source but it's been mentioned elsewhere often enough that there's probably something to it...

Read properly.

|

4/7/2022 5:20 AM

"the guy needs to be careful he doesn't get sued for [libel]"

Luckily we live in a country where that isn't true.

|

4/7/2022 5:31 AM

This is not news. Anyone just waking up to this is willfully ignoring the truth. He didn’t mention even a third of it. There are suppliers owed money, the team still owes for semi’s used seasons ago. Parents of former team riders are owed thousands, fuel cards stopped working stranding truck drivers, etc, etc, etc, about every imaginable scenario attached with not having the funds to stay out there chasing the sport.

Forrest isn’t fighting anyone he’s got his own health issues and he has a child with major health issues. While we know all the financial struggles the team has had we don’t know if they had the funding and misappropriated it? We don’t know if they were just in a tight budget and it didn’t stretch far enough? We don’t know if Forrest paid every dime he could and simply ran out of money?

Just because someone goes broke doesn’t make them a bad guy. That being said some people are bad people and deserve the label.

|

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

4/7/2022 6:25 AM

tobz wrote:

Chris_Buehler wrote:

Right. I won't watch a single minute of his videos

Agreed. Add Johnny Hopper to that mix. Garbage

|

2011 Yamaha YZ 250 -MX
1996 Yamaha Banshee 350 -Trails
1982 Chevy S10
2005 Pontiac GTO -451rwhp

4/7/2022 6:44 AM

Don't know if Butler is a "scumbag", but Cooksey sure is one weasel.
The guy's mentality is disgusting.
sick

|

4/7/2022 6:53 AM

Spoonguy wrote:

There are unscrupulous business people in plumbing, painting, car dealerships, dentistry, all over, why is it controversy when ...more

I think this one is different as that Team appears to have been run well for many years. They have been around for a long time, but something looks to have gone very badly in the past few years leading to poor decisions and now closing shop. At one point they were on factory equipment. It's too bad.

|

4/7/2022 6:56 AM

I don't get it; the team closes down, and people are acting like they are mad at Cooksey. WTF

I don't give a rat's ass who is giving the news, I like to hear what is going on. This industry is very secretive, and no one will ever put people on blast.

As far as RM ATV/MC it is not a good look for them that's for sure. I like the company and I like that they support the sport with Race Gas Credits. That being said they have to know that the team isn't paying its bills. I personally know suppliers they owe money to and have no intention of ever paying. Most times people talk about the team in the past few years it's about them not paying riders/suppliers. Bad PR is not why you sponsor a team.

|

Florida Trail Riders Area 4 Director
Volusia/Flagler Counties

4/7/2022 7:03 AM

DunnySeat wrote:

moto111 wrote:

So its not true ?

Guess we'll know soon enough... If true... Cooksey stock climbs...

from only watching YT.... both Cooksey and Hopper seem like old industry guys.... a bit of a chip on their shoulders... like most people older than 30... they both seem to get tons of hate here... but I see them as a couple dudes that only want to see their sport get healthier, instead of the mess it is today...

|

www.bettercallsaul.com
Die Antwoord

4/7/2022 7:04 AM

Cage match? Lol

|

4/7/2022 7:14 AM

If true, where does McElrath, Savatgy and Anstie end up? I hate it for those guys because decent rides are difficult to come by.

|

4/7/2022 7:17 AM

Oh those damn Rocky Mountain ATV/MC guys again with their deep discounts, race gas credits for racers, pro team sponsorships, huge in-stock inventory, and super fast free shipping... Where was I going with this?

|

4/7/2022 7:33 AM

eric513anderson wrote:

Agreed. Add Johnny Hopper to that mix. Garbage

Yeah I agree about Hopper. He's a nobody to me and has less inside info than me and my moto buddies. I just don't go spouting off about it. I knew in July @ Millville in 2016 that Jeremy Martin was already signed with Geico Honda. No one heard until September...

|

I'm just here to stir sh#t up...

4/7/2022 8:01 AM

FUN FACT!

|

Mantis Toboggan, M.D

4/7/2022 8:31 AM

Dimblewambie wrote:

FUN FACT!

6’4

|

4/7/2022 8:46 AM