Senoir rider, what am I doing wrong? Help me

motogrady
4/3/2018 7:25pm
Rick_Art wrote:
I got so much comic , haggling replies ,. thanx but no thanx.

Don't get discouraged guy.
I took off my whole 30s, came back for my 4os and 50s. It takes time. Mainly, seat time brings it back.
Just ride as much as you can.

You think lofting the front is hard, eh.
Wait till you enter a local event, and come around a turn, and there's this 7 or 8 foot wall, that you can't see the other side of, and 2 guys blast past you while you're asking yourself, W......T.......F?
Dropbear
4/3/2018 7:40pm
Join a wheelie club.

I heard there is a good one in Detroit.
kaptkaos
4/3/2018 8:04pm
The thing about wheeling uphill, you have farther to fall on your ass when it goes bad. Just learn on what you are going to be wheeling on, mostly flat ground. Gear up, get an ass and back pad!

The Shop

Manco
4/3/2018 8:47pm
motogrady wrote:
If this isn't an April fool thing........try getting into 3rd, sit way back on the seat, keep your chest way back, arms straight, Grab a handful...

If this isn't an April fool thing........try getting into 3rd, sit way back on the seat, keep your chest way back, arms straight,
Grab a handful, Let the motor pull. When you start hitting the power band, that front should start to come up.
If it isn't you're pussying out and leaning forward.

Anyone remember this guy?
Watched him do the whole Unadilla track, Hill included.

https://youtu.be/2YUbOVx9wAg
I saw Doug in the late 1970s at a track in Oregon. I was pretty young probably only 4 years old. I remember it all pretty well. There was a break in the racing and my dad was excited about some trick rider. Doug wheelied the whole track. As he came by pretty much all the adults took off to catch him at another section of track. My dad fumbled with his camera, told me to wait there and took off to get Doug's picture. Me and some other abandoned kids ran off to see where the adults were going. I of course ended up lost and an adult took me to the announcer booth. They made an announcement for my dad to come get me. Hahaha!

Too bad Doug got taken away too soon. I bet he would still be wheeling tracks if he were still around. I picked up his how to wheelie book Wheeling with the King recently. It's a cool book. Lots of tips on wheelie skills and tricks. He also goes over all the mods he did to his bike.

Drtbykr
4/4/2018 5:20am
Remember an old MXA article with Lance and the uphill practice was important to start with.
You are already in a partial wheelie.

Best deal would be find an XR200 or something and a nice soft field.
Practice slow ones and utilizing the controls. your bike is pretty pesky, doubt that helps.

I agree with the bicycle bit too. You have to be comfortable with a practically weightless front end, it’s unnerving, to me anyway.

My brain always forgets to tell my rear brake foot to be ready and what to do.
To pop great wheelies, the clutch, rear brake, throttle have to be used. I don’t know, mine are a bit long sometimes but I never change gears.

Never been impressed with stand up wheelies, but the long sit down ones r kind of cool.

Personally I don’t care about show wheelies, I’m married...

Crossed up long power wheelies with the hammer on passing your buddies, yummy.

Order some fork seals too. Good luck, play safe.

motomike137
4/4/2018 5:37am Edited Date/Time 4/4/2018 5:39am
If you care about your rear fender, remove it Smile Two strokes aren't the easiest to wheelie especially if they are a little rich and burbly (is that a word?) down low. The better maintained and smoother all your controls work will make it a little easier. Practice, fall off , practice some more.

edit: add an electric motor to the front wheel to keep it spinning like "The Wheelie King" did back in the day Wink
nate 415
4/4/2018 10:52am
I watched some wheelie boyz in Baltimore kicking a cop car almost right next to me. I noticed the rear tires were very deflated. Could that be beneficial? I gave the hooligans the high sign but all I got was a menacing glare back.
I thought it was interesting how many of those guys have AMA memberships as indicated by the number plates and the district stickers. Hmmm.
markit
4/6/2018 10:16pm
Poppa wheelie, whos he?

Post a reply to: Senoir rider, what am I doing wrong? Help me

The Latest