Seely's Cryptocurrency

MX Guy
Fantasy
727th
Edited Date/Time 11/15/2022 8:14am
Racer X Post

Interesting news. Please tell me it's not a pump-and-dump. There's been so much controversy around influencers and crypto scams. I'd hate to see Cole get involved in it. He has always seemed like a trustworthy dude but it's hard to trust these crypto endeavors, no matter who's backing them, at least for me. What are your thoughts?
|
Juck
Fantasy
330th
9/23/2021 12:36pm
MX Guy wrote:
[url=https://racerxonline.com/2021/09/23/cole-seely-becomes-first-professional-motocross-rider-to-launch-personal-cryptocurrency]Racer X Post[/url] Interesting news. Please tell me it's not a pump-and-dump. There's been so much controversy around influencers and crypto scams. I'd hate to see...
Racer X Post

Interesting news. Please tell me it's not a pump-and-dump. There's been so much controversy around influencers and crypto scams. I'd hate to see Cole get involved in it. He has always seemed like a trustworthy dude but it's hard to trust these crypto endeavors, no matter who's backing them, at least for me. What are your thoughts?
Sounds like it might be a fan token
akmx17
9/23/2021 12:37pm Edited Date/Time 9/23/2021 12:37pm
Its not a pump and dump, its not a Solo Coin

From my understand RLY is like the mother coin.
https://www.coinbase.com/price/rally

People then sign up make a "coin" and based on traffic/influence and whatever statistics they pull from they set the price. So Coles is just the same coin but valued as a sub coin of it.

So you'd buy seelys coin, then to cash out you'd convert to RLY then convert that to USD or whatever other coin you'd like.
MX Guy
Fantasy
727th
9/23/2021 12:37pm
Juck wrote:
I admit I don't have much knowledge about crypto which is why it seems scary to me to put your name on it as an influencer. Mind elaborating on what a fan token means?

The Shop

9/23/2021 12:42pm
Ammunition, it’s the only currency that matters.SillySilly
JM485
9/23/2021 12:46pm
Juck wrote:
MX Guy wrote:
I admit I don't have much knowledge about crypto which is why it seems scary to me to put your name on it as an influencer...
I admit I don't have much knowledge about crypto which is why it seems scary to me to put your name on it as an influencer. Mind elaborating on what a fan token means?
He’s not putting his name on it as an influencer, he’s essentially creating his own brand within the digital asset space. I’m not an expert on the NFT or personal token side of things, but as I understand it you can essentially think of it like a “club” where members get benefits above and beyond those who don’t hold coins. You’ll see this more and more in the future, it’s a convenient way to keep track of everything and I believe it can be programmed so that every time a token is exchanged Seely gets a cut, not just from the initial purchase. It’s not really a “currency” or store of value per say, in the way that Bitcoin, Litecoin, and Ethereum are.

I’m sure there will be plenty of shit talking about it, but if this space becomes what many believe it will be he’s going to be a very early adopter and position himself very well moving forward. Nobody knows where this is all going yet, but good for him taking the first steps and experimenting in a new format.
RichieW13
Fantasy
2916th
9/23/2021 12:48pm
I don't think I fully understand the purpose of all these minor cryptos being created.

But if a guy like Seely is just using it as a way for fans to pay him for the content and merch that he sells, then I don't think it's a big deal. But if it's being promoted as a way for people to "invest" in crypto and make money themselves, then I'm not so much a fan of that. I don't think there is any reason that a Seely crypto would have any inherent value.
9/23/2021 1:22pm
Sandusky26 wrote:
I have no idea what the fuck you guys are talking about
#metoo
nskerb
9/23/2021 1:44pm
Crypto and NFT stuff is such BS. All of that scene is just people trying to make money without having to do any work.
bh
9/23/2021 1:51pm
Sandusky26 wrote:
1911 wrote:
#metoo
Pump and dump
Sandusky26
9/23/2021 2:02pm
Sandusky26 wrote:
1911 wrote:
#metoo
bh wrote:
Pump and dump
I’m having a hard time with all this pump and dump talk in a cole seely thread.
MX Guy
Fantasy
727th
9/23/2021 2:04pm
JM485 wrote:
He’s not putting his name on it as an influencer, he’s essentially creating his own brand within the digital asset space. I’m not an expert on...
He’s not putting his name on it as an influencer, he’s essentially creating his own brand within the digital asset space. I’m not an expert on the NFT or personal token side of things, but as I understand it you can essentially think of it like a “club” where members get benefits above and beyond those who don’t hold coins. You’ll see this more and more in the future, it’s a convenient way to keep track of everything and I believe it can be programmed so that every time a token is exchanged Seely gets a cut, not just from the initial purchase. It’s not really a “currency” or store of value per say, in the way that Bitcoin, Litecoin, and Ethereum are.

I’m sure there will be plenty of shit talking about it, but if this space becomes what many believe it will be he’s going to be a very early adopter and position himself very well moving forward. Nobody knows where this is all going yet, but good for him taking the first steps and experimenting in a new format.
The way you've described it makes it sound like a Patreon with cyrpto, basically. Would you say that's an accurate comparison? If that's the case, I suppose I see no potential harm there. But I wonder why not just use Patreon instead.
gt80rider
9/23/2021 2:20pm
akmx17 wrote:
Its not a pump and dump, its not a Solo Coin From my understand RLY is like the mother coin. https://www.coinbase.com/price/rally People then sign up make...
Its not a pump and dump, its not a Solo Coin

From my understand RLY is like the mother coin.
https://www.coinbase.com/price/rally

People then sign up make a "coin" and based on traffic/influence and whatever statistics they pull from they set the price. So Coles is just the same coin but valued as a sub coin of it.

So you'd buy seelys coin, then to cash out you'd convert to RLY then convert that to USD or whatever other coin you'd like.
Good grief.. the crap these former racers are hocking now days...
JM485
9/23/2021 2:29pm
nskerb wrote:
Crypto and NFT stuff is such BS. All of that scene is just people trying to make money without having to do any work.
I’m going to venture a guess that you’ve never actually taken the time to really understand how blockchain works or any of the innumerable benefits of crypto over the traditional banking and fiat monetary system.
Sandusky26
9/23/2021 2:33pm
JM485 wrote:
I’m going to venture a guess that you’ve never actually taken the time to really understand how blockchain works or any of the innumerable benefits of...
I’m going to venture a guess that you’ve never actually taken the time to really understand how blockchain works or any of the innumerable benefits of crypto over the traditional banking and fiat monetary system.
How much time would it take me to understand so I’m not the dumbest fucker in this thread.
wydopen
9/23/2021 2:33pm
JM485 wrote:
I’m going to venture a guess that you’ve never actually taken the time to really understand how blockchain works or any of the innumerable benefits of...
That's true in theory but the majority of these "altcoins" are centrally controlled which defeats the purpose..
Sandusky26
9/23/2021 2:35pm
I need to get my grandma something for her birthday and this would be the perfect gift
JM485
9/23/2021 2:36pm
MX Guy wrote:
The way you've described it makes it sound like a Patreon with cyrpto, basically. Would you say that's an accurate comparison? If that's the case, I...
The way you've described it makes it sound like a Patreon with cyrpto, basically. Would you say that's an accurate comparison? If that's the case, I suppose I see no potential harm there. But I wonder why not just use Patreon instead.
Take my analysis in the NFT space with a grain of salt because that’s not the world I usually play in, but yes that’s one way to put it. I honestly don’t have a lot of knowledge on the inner workings of Patreon, but I believe a benefit of an NFT or personal token is how it can be programmed and that the creator can take a cut every time it changes hands. That’s why it’s getting so popular in the art world, instead of selling a piece of art once the artist can continue to take a small cut every time the piece is sold, it would be like a painter taking a 5% stake of the sale price every time his/her painting went to auction.

Now don’t get me wrong, most of the NFT space is a complete joke and a huge bubble at this point, but the underlying ideas and technology behind it really have the potential to shake things up in the future once we get past the initial insanity. What Seely is offering seems like a simple way for fans to gain a bit more access and the price will reflect whatever people are willing to pay, it’s not a scam.
Juck
Fantasy
330th
9/23/2021 2:43pm
nskerb wrote:
Yep but there's loads of people making fat stacks doing sweet FA
aeffertz
9/23/2021 3:14pm
Just make sure you’re not the one holding the bag at the end of the run.
mxtech1
9/23/2021 3:30pm Edited Date/Time 9/23/2021 3:32pm
Meehhhh.....

Unfortunately, we are just starting to see this new movement with personally branded currencies. All of the influencers are probably going to start jumping on this trend in hopes that their "personal economies" grow in popularity.

These NFTs from Rally are powered by Etherum blockchain.

Creator coins are unique in the fact you can only use them to buy the products or services of that creator. So when you buy $SEELY, you can only spend them on items or services within his "economy". The economy is the exclusive content he is advertising in the link. As a $SEELY holder, you would be able to participate in the early drops AND have the ability to use your $SEELY tokens to buy his stuff.

An investment strategy would be to buy $SEELY tokens early in the program (like right now) and then help Cole grow his "economy" so that more and more people want to buy his tokens. So actively recruiting people to like his YouTube channel, helping him sell more stuff, promoting his social drops, etc. are ways that Cole would use the $SEELY token holders to help grow his personal economy. The $SEELY holders would have a vested interest in helping him grow because growth of the amount of $SEELY token holders means the $SEELY token value will increase, which provides you with a return on your original investment. On the other hand, it could all go terribly wrong and if $SEELY goes down, your tokens will be worth less than your original USD investment.

You'll have to make a Rally account if you want to buy his tokens and you will have to deposit USD (obviously) to purchase the $SEELY tokens. If you don't spend the $SEELY tokens on his stuff, you can always convert it back to USDC and then transfer the USDC to a crypto wallet (i like Coinbase) to cash it out as USD.

Its hard to say how these tokens will perform for someone like Cole. He obviously has a great following in the moto community, but in my opinion he would need something to spark a larger fan base of his personal economy (*cough* soon to be released Target toy line * CoughCough*) which could take off and help increase the $SEELY. In the end though, he's still a niche influencer, but he definitely has one of the most predominant customer basis on YouTube and social.

If you have some spare cash lying around, show $SEELY some support and buy some tokens. Probably won't get rich, but i'm sure we've all bought dumber stuff with our money.

$DEEG....now that's an upcoming NFT that has some potential with their Social power.

Also - Buy $AMC$. HOLD for MOASS.

Post a reply to: Seely's Cryptocurrency

The Latest