Seely's Crash

Johnny Depp
2/27/2018 5:56pm Edited Date/Time 2/28/2018 1:14pm
Seely is at fault 1st. He is guilty of coming up short. (Well his bike may have an issue cutting out like Chad's that we will never hear aboutWink ) I have 0 f**ks given about what kind of bike it is.

The issue I'm addressing is what happens after a rider mistimes a jump? Is that when you get a helicopter ride and take up video games? Cars didn't used to have safety belts and airbags and people died and we thought that was just the way it was.
Lots of bikes have a lot of "stuff" hanging down on the underside. Some more than others. A bare frame cross rail is much more likely to stop a "framed" bike than one with a skid/glide plate. Footpegs and their mounts also bottom out.
And of course linkage, especially when the suspension is at full extension. Riders used to break their arches in their feet more often, now we have floorboards for footpegs. The sport evolves. There was a time when no one used any glide plates, it may be time to extend them further for safety.

You don't have to wear a neck brace or shoulder pads, nor have a glide plate for your linkage. You might want to consider it.
2/28/2018 4:24am
Thoughts and prayers go out to Cole.. I just did a bit of research on his injury and it is honestly one of your biggest fears as a racer to have this type of injury. (Next to spinal and head trauma) I can’t imagine what was going through his mind as he lay on the track. I hope he can make a recovery, I can’t blame him if he didn’t want to race again..
Prejump
2/28/2018 6:29am
DonM wrote:
There were only three that cleared that jump and Seely was the fourth...He just misjudged it and came up way short... I didn't see anybody else...
There were only three that cleared that jump and Seely was the fourth...He just misjudged it and came up way short...
I didn't see anybody else come up short.

Does the Honda linkage really hang that much further down than other bikes?
Watch the video again, but this time watch Tomac.

Pause it just as Tomac comes into land he's a good few feet short. Not far from where Cole landed.

The Shop

Johnny Depp
2/28/2018 6:54am
DonM wrote:
There were only three that cleared that jump and Seely was the fourth...He just misjudged it and came up way short... I didn't see anybody else...
There were only three that cleared that jump and Seely was the fourth...He just misjudged it and came up way short...

Prejump wrote:
Watch the video again, but this time watch Tomac. Pause it just as Tomac comes into land he's a good few feet short. Not far from...

Pause it just as Tomac comes into land he's a good few feet short. Not far from where Cole landed.

Sometimes we can't see the forest because of the trees. Great catch, it was right there the whole time. I kept hoping for a better/different angle on Seely.
Kenny Lingus
2/28/2018 3:25pm
doghouse wrote:
Lol. Seely faced a jump man, there wasn't any coming back from that. The bottom of the bike wasn't even a factor, the rear tire was...
Lol. Seely faced a jump man, there wasn't any coming back from that. The bottom of the bike wasn't even a factor, the rear tire was the next thing to hit.
kiwifan wrote:
Agree 100% but some like to blame the bike because its more convenient or the simply dont like that brand...probably because they stopped making 2 strokes
I went out to the garage and well, you be the judge....

Johnny Depp
2/28/2018 4:02pm
doghouse wrote:
Lol. Seely faced a jump man, there wasn't any coming back from that. The bottom of the bike wasn't even a factor, the rear tire was...
Lol. Seely faced a jump man, there wasn't any coming back from that. The bottom of the bike wasn't even a factor, the rear tire was the next thing to hit.
kiwifan wrote:
Agree 100% but some like to blame the bike because its more convenient or the simply dont like that brand...probably because they stopped making 2 strokes
I went out to the garage and well, you be the judge....[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/02/28/246611/s1200_IMG_20180228_100217433_HDR.jpg[/img]
I went out to the garage and well, you be the judge....

Nice work! It looks like you are ready to hit the track. You could land on an aircraft carrier with that thing. I hope we don't have to use this picture again for Christian..

Johnny Depp
3/2/2018 6:30am
DonM wrote:

Prejump wrote:
Watch the video again, but this time watch Tomac. Pause it just as Tomac comes into land he's a good few feet short. Not far from...

Thread killer

Post a reply to: Seely's Crash

The Latest