D- Shit happens
E- Don't call it a quad over a table

|

Mike

2/26/2018 5:49 PM

How far you guys reckon that jump is?

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2/26/2018 5:56 PM

I think it was renamed the VTSB (ViTard Safety Board). Its very similar to the NTSB that investigates airplane crashes and every bit as professional I think.
|

2/26/2018 6:51 PM

OldYZRider1 wrote:
I think it was renamed the VTSB (ViTard Safety Board). Its very similar to the NTSB that investigates airplane crashes and ...more

Sounds about right

Photo

|

Positively, absolutely 110% obsessed with anything MOTO.

2/26/2018 7:21 PM

Crush wrote:

Listening to pulp right now, bagett said litpro showed quad was 92 feet and he was hitting it in 2nd gear. That’s ridiculous the bikes are too fast for the stadiums. Sure the guys could opt out of hitting the quad that they had a slim chance I making every lap, but they are racers racing for a lot of money, if the quad is there and they have the hp they will go for it. If the bikes are slower they won’t be able to make that quad and therefore it’s off the table and maybe cole would be lining up next week

|

2/26/2018 7:41 PM

Crush wrote:

5 feet further than it should have been to quad it!

|

2/26/2018 8:42 PM

Crush wrote:

Pirate421 wrote:

Listening to pulp right now, bagett said litpro showed quad was 92 feet and he was hitting it in 2nd gear. That’s ridiculous ...more

Why does there always have to be something to protect people? It’s there own choice. Let it go

|

2/26/2018 10:22 PM

Crush wrote:

Pirate421 wrote:

Listening to pulp right now, bagett said litpro showed quad was 92 feet and he was hitting it in 2nd gear. That’s ridiculous ...more

hititpind wrote:

Why does there always have to be something to protect people? It’s there own choice. Let it go

Yes! No one is forcing them to do this, get in or go bag groceries. Photo

|

2/26/2018 10:53 PM

psychotronBR wrote:

“He underwent an initial procedure Saturday evening to realign the pelvis. On Sunday, a more extensive operation was performed ...more

Uhhgg!! Damn that does not sounds like it felt good. Heal up Cole!!

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

2/27/2018 6:05 AM

Crush wrote:

Pirate421 wrote:

hititpind wrote:

The same reason restrictor plates exist in NASCAR. At some point, the tech and speeds surpass anything that can done to limit the catastrophe of an accident. Racing is inevitably going to push the limits of what man and machine can do. That doesn't mean it's necessary to butt up against that line til the end of time. We get that it's dangerous and we accept that as a part of our sport. We all have a choice. The talent level and technology is so high that these guys feel comfortable choosing to take on these higher risks But when the risk starts drastically shifting from broken bones and concussions to life altering injuries and death, it's time to start thinking about slowing things down. It appears that we are at that point in the evolution curve of our sport. I'd be surprised if many on here feel that the enjoyment of seeing a pro hit a big quad quad outweighs the sadness of seeing catastrophic results from a crash. I think we genuinely care about the well being of the riders in our sport, especially the ones who provided such incredible entertain and awe factor.

|

2/27/2018 6:07 AM

Crush wrote:

Pirate421 wrote:

I agree with the second half of that post. And that's insane that he can hit it in 2nd gear. They tend to hit the whoops in 4th and sometimes 5th. Factor in that some can pull 3rd gear starts and I don't even understand how the bike can be geared so high and yet hit that quad in 2nd. Mindboggling.

|

2/27/2018 7:37 AM

Crush wrote:

Pirate421 wrote:

tcallahan707 wrote:

I agree with the second half of that post. And that's insane that he can hit it in 2nd gear. They tend to hit the whoops in ...more

Their transmissions are geared differently than ours

|

2/27/2018 8:19 AM

NorCalRedRyder wrote:

Yes! No one is forcing them to do this, get in or go bag groceries. Photo

Photo
|

No I don't ride an 85 anymore.

2/27/2018 9:31 AM

It's interesting to me that the "cause" of Seely's crash at the point of impact is merely shrugged off as the fortunes of war, and most analysis is viewed with a closed mind and the thought to just ban the 450's or the quads. The landing area was forgiving and smooth, and Seely seems to be the only one who didn't ride it out when coming up short?

Casing a Honda has proven many times to end in a predictable result. A 6oz. carbon fiber glide plate would eliminate the risk, "an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure".

|

2/27/2018 9:51 AM

Johnny Depp wrote:

It's interesting to me that the "cause" of Seely's crash at the point of impact is merely shrugged off as the fortunes of war, ...more

There were only three that cleared that jump and Seely was the fourth...He just misjudged it and came up way short...
I didn't see anybody else come up short.

Does the Honda linkage really hang that much further down than other bikes?

|

“I’m not Swap…”

2/27/2018 9:59 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/27/2018 10:04 AM

Johnny Depp wrote:

It's interesting to me that the "cause" of Seely's crash at the point of impact is merely shrugged off as the fortunes of war, ...more

DonM wrote:

There were only three that cleared that jump and Seely was the fourth...He just misjudged it and came up way short...
I didn't ...more

Apparently enough to make a difference. Take a look at all of them on a bike stand and judge for yourself. If it is 39mm (it may not be) that is an inch and a half. Would you want to have something the size of a hammer slamming into jump faces when you miss a 90 footer? There is no bigger force ever applied to these bikes.

It's unlikely I will get a rock directly in my eye, but goggles are still a good idea. It's unusual to have a rock hit a front brake master cylinder right on the piston/cylinder yet last year we saw it twice and now everyone runs carbon fiber protectors. If my life and livelihood depended on being able to ride out a missed jump, I would not ride without a linkage glide plate.

Maybe instead of banning 450's and big jumps, we should look at a simpler solution.

|

2/27/2018 10:04 AM

Johnny Depp wrote:

DonM wrote:

I didn't ...more

Johnny Depp wrote:

Apparently enough to make a difference. Take a look at all of them on a bike stand and judge for yourself. If it is 39mm (it ...more

I'm not disagreeing just saying that only 4 attempted the quad and one crashed on his first attempt where he came up so short his front wheel hit the face....not sure that was the bikes fault thats all.

|

“I’m not Swap…”

2/27/2018 10:19 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/27/2018 10:24 AM

DonM wrote:

I didn't ...more

Johnny Depp wrote:

Apparently enough to make a difference. Take a look at all of them on a bike stand and judge for yourself. If it is 39mm (it ...more

DonM wrote:

I'm not disagreeing just saying that only 4 attempted the quad and one crashed on his first attempt where he came up so short ...more

Cole was the one twisting the throttle no doubt as stated. Whether other's attempted I couldn't be sure? BB4 came up short and isn't in the hospital.

Without going into the background and disparaging Honda's, Gajsen (twice), Roczen (twice) and Seely (outside of his MXdN incident) have all had crashes where they cased the bike and got ejected. It is well beyond the point of coincidence.

What is the harm in 6 oz. of Carbon fiber if I am totally wrong?

|

2/27/2018 10:44 AM

Are you being serious? Do you really think a linkage guard would've saved him? Is this only a Honda problem? I have an 18 should I go get one now to save my ass down the road? It's called physics for fuck sake. You know an object in motion tends to stay in motion. He came up short bike slowed down more than he did putting him up over the bars. He got hurt because of the bike coming down on him.

I can't fault anybody for trying to mitigate crashes and injuries but god damn dude.

|

We are the sum of a 1,000 lives. What we know is almost nothing at all.

2/27/2018 10:47 AM

Kenny Lingus wrote:

Are you being serious? Do you really think a linkage guard would've saved him? Is this only a Honda problem? I have an 18 ...more

Yes, as serious as a broken pelvis and torn intestinal wall. As serious as a totally destroyed and rebuilt arm.

|

2/27/2018 10:59 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/27/2018 10:59 AM

That bike coming back around and spearing him is what caused that damage!

|

2/27/2018 10:59 AM

Explain how Honda's linkage caused it and how a guard would've prevented it.

I'm not trying to be that guy but have you ever cased a jump? If you have you should know exactly what happened.

|

2/27/2018 11:01 AM

Seely flew 90ish feet into the face of another jump... nothing was going to save him from that crash.

|

2/27/2018 11:06 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/27/2018 11:07 AM

I let this subject die a few months ago. There was a press release a few hours after the last time it was discussed. The details are out there for anyone who cares to research it. This isn't about KYB or Showa or bottoming A-kits.

Riders getting ejected on a regular basis is going to get someone killed. Gasjer was lucky that his wheel and rear fender landed on either side of his head or he could be dead.

The same idea of a glide plate makes sense for any race bike as a safety measure. I'm sure most would rather spend $1k on some pretty custom wheels than $100 to save their ass. If I can help bring change to that then call me what you want.

|

2/27/2018 11:07 AM

Surprised I haven't seen "if it were a KTM it would've broke" LOL

|

www.alljackedupinc.com home of the Switch Hauler®

2/27/2018 11:18 AM

Johnny Depp wrote:

I let this subject die a few months ago. There was a press release a few hours after the last time it was discussed. The ...more

Again, how would've it saved them? Physics and momentum will still take over. Those guards are meant to slide over logs or protect linkages in rocky sections not allow you to glide out of a case.

Can you direct me towards this press release? I would like to read it.

|

2/27/2018 11:30 AM

Johnny Depp wrote:

I let this subject die a few months ago. There was a press release a few hours after the last time it was discussed. The ...more

Kenny Lingus wrote:

Again, how would've it saved them? Physics and momentum will still take over. Those guards are meant to slide over logs or ...more

Pick which one you would rather have hanging down from your frame:

Photo

Photo

I prefer to limit my discussion to prevention as much as possible. Mud raking solves nothing.

|

2/27/2018 11:31 AM

Kenny Lingus wrote:

Again, how would've it saved them? Physics and momentum will still take over. Those guards are meant to slide over logs or ...more

I don't quite it get it either; Cole didn't case this jump... he came up way short.

Photo

|

2/27/2018 11:34 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/27/2018 11:37 AM

Johnny Depp wrote:

Kenny Lingus wrote:

akillerwombat wrote:

I don't quite it get it either; Cole didn't case this jump... he came up way short.

Photo

Watch the video on pg. 1. The front end KYB's handled it well, at that point he was still upright. When the frame follows, at 0.08 it goes wrong real fast before the rear suspension even gets involved.

|

2/27/2018 11:54 AM

Lol. Seely faced a jump man, there wasn't any coming back from that. The bottom of the bike wasn't even a factor, the rear tire was the next thing to hit.

|