Seely crash GoPro footage

Akira
Edited Date/Time 3/2/2018 1:44pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwLFUqPyGdU

Sorry, don't know how to embbed. Man that hurts, hopes he's back mid-nats.
|
Akira
2/28/2018 9:55pm
Thanks dude!
2/28/2018 9:57pm
Not sure if it threw him off a bit, but he was getting hit with some big rocks each lap headed into that rhythm section.
2/28/2018 9:58pm
Does anyone know if he was doing that quad in practice or was that his first run at it?
So unfortunate to have the bike clip him like that

The Shop

thearc
2/28/2018 10:34pm
Not sure if it threw him off a bit, but he was getting hit with some big rocks each lap headed into that rhythm section.
Indeed. It looks like some serious rocks kicked up from ET3. Maybe just enough to through him off slightly...just a little is all it takes in that section it seems.
2/28/2018 11:30pm
I hate watching go pro footage of pros, it makes me depressed at how sh#t I really am.
Thanks for postingSad
PS, get well soon Cole
Jeff alessi
3/1/2018 12:11am Edited Date/Time 3/1/2018 3:13am
Dam dude it seems like he was more then confident with making it with what he gave, those jumps were so far apart. Get better Cole
3/1/2018 12:25am
gear that has inflatable key areas that are either initiated when the rider leaves the bike via tether or from a third party team member who initiates it manually and only job is to watch racer the entire time
3/1/2018 12:49am
gear that has inflatable key areas that are either initiated when the rider leaves the bike via tether or from a third party team member who...
gear that has inflatable key areas that are either initiated when the rider leaves the bike via tether or from a third party team member who initiates it manually and only job is to watch racer the entire time
"a third party team member who initiates it manually and only job is to watch racer the entire time"

Can you imagine- rider gets 'squirrly' through the rhythm section, team member 'hits the safety button', rider inflates and rides the rest of the race looking like the stay-puft marshmallow man! :-0
MXD
3/1/2018 4:14am
Zero is the number of times I would make it through that sand section without incident.
olds cool
3/1/2018 5:21am
gear that has inflatable key areas that are either initiated when the rider leaves the bike via tether or from a third party team member who...
[b]"a third party team member who initiates it manually and only job is to watch racer the entire time"[/b] Can you imagine- rider gets 'squirrly' through...
"a third party team member who initiates it manually and only job is to watch racer the entire time"

Can you imagine- rider gets 'squirrly' through the rhythm section, team member 'hits the safety button', rider inflates and rides the rest of the race looking like the stay-puft marshmallow man! :-0
How would you like that to be your job and have a Bob Hannah as your rider? You'd just push the button or whatever after the first turn...
Johnny Depp
3/1/2018 6:42am Edited Date/Time 3/1/2018 7:17am
Those dudes keep the revs so low, using that torque. Kind of telling that Tomac gets a little sideways with a kicker on the same jump, comes up short with no consequences, a total non event for him. Seely takes the tow trying to duplicate it and eats shit. He got the tow off of the wrong guy and got his speed wrong.
Camp332
3/1/2018 6:55am
It amazes me how stylish they make that insane speed look. I wish Cole well.
3/1/2018 7:09am Edited Date/Time 3/1/2018 7:11am
That just goes to show the smallest hairline margin of error can end your night. I mean from the GoPro it looked smooth. These guys are insane.

Also Nobody activated an airbag in a car...why would you want a third party activating “Michelin man” mode ? how much would that even help?
BobbyM
3/1/2018 7:13am
Supercross is so fucking gnarly, sucks to crash that hard in the heat race in 3rd.i hope he can be pain free after this crazy crash.
3/1/2018 7:54am Edited Date/Time 3/1/2018 9:45am
That just goes to show the smallest hairline margin of error can end your night. I mean from the GoPro it looked smooth. These guys are...
That just goes to show the smallest hairline margin of error can end your night. I mean from the GoPro it looked smooth. These guys are insane.

Also Nobody activated an airbag in a car...why would you want a third party activating “Michelin man” mode ? how much would that even help?
I would think accelerometers placed inside the safety system coupled with digital processing a la the MotoGp safety systems would have to be the way. Humans can't actuate that type of system -- we are talking hundreds of sophisticated judgements at the mS timescale.

But I do see you would need to capture a pretty huge data set of riding and even lawn-darting to teach such a system what movements are particularly indicative of a crash situation.
Hammer 663s
3/1/2018 9:32am
I had to remind myself to breathe while watching that. I am soooooo slow. Pitifully, miserably slow. Amazing they can go that fast with so little throttle. I wouldn't make one section of a track like that.

Hope Cole heals up well. Momma, don't let yer babies grow up to be SX racers.

Hammer 663s
Donovan759
3/1/2018 10:21am Edited Date/Time 3/1/2018 11:56am
[b]"a third party team member who initiates it manually and only job is to watch racer the entire time"[/b] Can you imagine- rider gets 'squirrly' through...

olds cool wrote:
How would you like that to be your job and have a Bob Hannah as your rider? You'd just push the button or whatever after the...
How would you like that to be your job and have a Bob Hannah as your rider? You'd just push the button or whatever after the first turn...
I'm dying right now. Please tell me this was a joke.

I can see Ralph & Jeff explaining it now.

Ralph - "New to Monster Energy Supercross, an FIM WORLLLLD Championship, you will now see an extra 22 team personnel on the track each week. They will be wearing a headset and holding a remote control with one big red button and an antenna. The purpose of these 22 team members is to inflate a safety suite on their rider in the event of a crash. The most difficult part of their job will be deciding when to hit the inflate button. Too late, and the rider will be at more risk injury. Too soon and the rider will be forced to ride the rest of the race inflated, like the Michelin man, if he doesn't go down. Either way, you know this is going to make things exciting, Jeff."

Jeff - "Yeah, that's right Ralph!".

olds cool
3/1/2018 1:04pm

olds cool wrote:
How would you like that to be your job and have a Bob Hannah as your rider? You'd just push the button or whatever after the...
Donovan759 wrote:
I'm dying right now. Please tell me this was a joke. I can see Ralph & Jeff explaining it now. Ralph - "New to Monster Energy...

Ralph - "New to Monster Energy Supercross, an FIM WORLLLLD Championship, you will now see an extra 22 team personnel on the track each week. They will be wearing a headset and holding a remote control with one big red button and an antenna. The purpose of these 22 team members is to inflate a safety suite on their rider in the event of a crash. The most difficult part of their job will be deciding when to hit the inflate button. Too late, and the rider will be at more risk injury. Too soon and the rider will be forced to ride the rest of the race inflated, like the Michelin man, if he doesn't go down. Either way, you know this is going to make things exciting, Jeff."

Please tell me you didn't think I was really serious. SillySillySilly
Johnny Depp
3/1/2018 1:07pm
olds cool wrote:
Donovan759 wrote:
I'm dying right now. Please tell me this was a joke. I can see Ralph & Jeff explaining it now. Ralph - "New to Monster Energy...

olds cool wrote:
He wasn't the only bite you got on that hook, but I swallowed one myself the other day of a photoshop...
Donovan759
3/1/2018 1:11pm
olds cool wrote:
Donovan759 wrote:

olds cool wrote:
I know I quoted you, but I was really talking to holtergeist797 in my first line of what I said.. I thought what you posted about Hannah was hilarious. It had me LOLing. So true.
mooch
Fantasy
431st
3/1/2018 4:11pm
hmmm...video's now unavailable.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
3/1/2018 4:17pm Edited Date/Time 3/1/2018 4:18pm
mooch wrote:
Cole wasn't pumped that GoPro did the video, and asked that they (and we) remove it.

Personally, I found that video far less disturbing than some of Kenny's social media posts, but I can understand why Cole might be sensitive about it.

Oh, I also here that he's been up and moving, and is scheduled to be discharged from the hospital tomorrow. That's the best news in this whole thing so far.
3/1/2018 4:23pm
Donovan, that Ralph/Jeff post just had ME dying.. Funny shit man!

Very very good news to hear Cole is well enough to be discharged!
ledger
3/1/2018 4:24pm
Cole getting out of the hospital....Best news I've heard all week. Thanks for the info Guy.
Johnny Depp
3/1/2018 5:01pm
Cole it looks like you are passing the time on Vital. Glad to see you making progress and God Bless you on a return to great health. Relax and hit that pain button while you still have it.

Just post up if you need anything, we'll be here pulling for you. In the meantime we'll try to keep you entertained.Woohoo
T-bag458
3/1/2018 6:39pm

olds cool wrote:
Donovan759 wrote:

the emig and Ralph post had me rolling i read it in my head and in their voices.
MX Guy
Fantasy
727th
3/2/2018 11:05am
All those times that Stew completely wadded while wearing the camera... GoPro always put those on YouTube and I’m guessing Stew never even cared to find out. I feel like there were multiple weeks in a row that he crashed out but GoPro still showed it. I don’t see why it’s such a big deal to Cole, like boohoo dude... you’re not the only one that’s yarded this year. The broadcast will still show him crashing, to be so embarrassed that he feels the need to hide different angles is just so lame.

Regardless, hope he’s alright and heals up quickly. It does suck to have a front runner down and out.
3/2/2018 12:09pm
MX Guy wrote:
All those times that Stew completely wadded while wearing the camera... GoPro always put those on YouTube and I’m guessing Stew never even cared to find...
All those times that Stew completely wadded while wearing the camera... GoPro always put those on YouTube and I’m guessing Stew never even cared to find out. I feel like there were multiple weeks in a row that he crashed out but GoPro still showed it. I don’t see why it’s such a big deal to Cole, like boohoo dude... you’re not the only one that’s yarded this year. The broadcast will still show him crashing, to be so embarrassed that he feels the need to hide different angles is just so lame.

Regardless, hope he’s alright and heals up quickly. It does suck to have a front runner down and out.
Well honestly if you just sustained a serious injury and GoPro released your helmet cam footage like normal without even consulting you first I'd say you'd be a little pissed off.

Shame no-one saved it though because I would like to see it.

Post a reply to: Seely crash GoPro footage

The Latest