Seely, Zacho, and Covington

ATKpilot99
8/15/2017 1:40pm
TXDirt wrote:
A highlight for a guy for the season was waving the blue flag at Blake?

That's pretty sad to be honest.
No kidding . Hey they will always have Lommel I guess .
Aryen
8/15/2017 1:43pm
If I recall correctly, the English always refer to the rest of Europe as "the Continent". And then there's Brexit. Why the hell would you want to piss on the US (on a US board for that matter) as if it's USA vs Europe? How were the British results in that particular MXoN? 8th whereas USA came in 3rd.

Come on guys. Keep classy.
lucero10x
8/15/2017 3:43pm
Seely is a great starter and a solid rider. Zacho can come from the back and is fast as piss. Covington has been out there swinging with those guys getting solid results every weekend and is accustomed to the environment. Very good team. Psyched for all of them.

Is anybody under the impression that France isn't the team to beat?
YamahaJT1
8/15/2017 4:36pm
Keep an eye on TC #64...

Covington can ride the ass out of a bike, and is what, 21 or so... Roger knows.

Watch the interview where Roger looks the reporter dead in the eyes and states "He'll be OK" concerning the 450.

Arnaud Tonus is hovering around top 10 or so in GP 450 this year. He got SMOKED horribly during his U.S.A. stint on the 250's. Best he could muster in AMA 250 was 9th at the end of the season. No excuses, it is racing.

Marv can FLY still and offer influence. KTM U.S.A. needs another jockey... NOW.

Fellow Americans, I'll wager that despite the outcome of MXdN, say "Welcome Home".

Oh, yeah, Baby!

The Shop

YamahaJT1
8/15/2017 5:03pm Edited Date/Time 8/15/2017 5:47pm
Ted722 wrote:
Thanks for providing the video corroboration!

It is worth a double!

High Hopes for TEAM U.S.A.!

I am meeting Roger to donate 10 American made U.S.A. flags to the TEAM at Budds this weekend. Perhaps cook for the Stank again... No reply from Stank as of yet. I love MOTO.

Win, lose, or draw, give them HELL, boys!

It feels great to support regardless of the outcome.

EDIT:

Meeting with Roger a certainty for the flags. Stank? I'll see him in the pits Friday if he shows. Hope "THE Jammer" is there as well again. He is AWESOME to hang with. BUDDS ROCKS!
jeffro503
8/15/2017 5:20pm
Ted722 wrote:
YamahaJT1 wrote:
Thanks for providing the video corroboration! It is worth a double! High Hopes for TEAM U.S.A.! I am meeting Roger to donate 10 American made U.S.A...
Thanks for providing the video corroboration!

It is worth a double!

High Hopes for TEAM U.S.A.!

I am meeting Roger to donate 10 American made U.S.A. flags to the TEAM at Budds this weekend. Perhaps cook for the Stank again... No reply from Stank as of yet. I love MOTO.

Win, lose, or draw, give them HELL, boys!

It feels great to support regardless of the outcome.

EDIT:

Meeting with Roger a certainty for the flags. Stank? I'll see him in the pits Friday if he shows. Hope "THE Jammer" is there as well again. He is AWESOME to hang with. BUDDS ROCKS!
That's awesome dude! Thanks!
jeffro503
8/15/2017 5:35pm
Unsuprisingly straight over your head! I guess you only get pissed off when people root against Team USA? Usually it's the world is against you, support...
Unsuprisingly straight over your head!

I guess you only get pissed off when people root against Team USA? Usually it's the world is against you, support your own country, shut the hell up if they're not beating us, don't hope or want anyone else to win. Oh the irony!

Alas Team USA is a strong team in my book, admittedly not the strongest but podium threat and could end up on the top step because most teams can't field three strong riders. Sure Covington is an interesting pick but you only need one good moto from him, Osbourne will be a god dam American hero and Seeley is solid, I think he'll step up and surprise!

jeffro503 wrote:
Pfft!....haha. I don't know why some of you idiots think I get pissed. You Brit's are like human Chihuahua's. :laugh: All bark , no bite. About...
Pfft!....haha. I don't know why some of you idiots think I get pissed.

You Brit's are like human Chihuahua's. Laughing All bark , no bite. About a half dozen of you on here that talk mad shit , towards the American riders on a normal basis. You don't see many guys from France , or Belgium , Italy , ect talking out their asses like the Brit's. Oh no , the Brit's will talk major shit on teams that year after year fight for wins and podium spots.

Hopefully all your riders aren't color blind , cause they are going to need to see that blue flag for getting the fuck out of the way. And just like some of the other hardcore GP fans , make sure you cheer for every team " except " America , and leach off their success. Since you're a Brit....you will probably be cheering for team France , Belgium , Germany , Italy , ect.....

You'll need too......

I'm hoping for our guys to podium , even though I guess this would be called the " C " team? I'll also be cheering for the Brit's to crack top 10. Wink

AND....you can believe this or not.....I love the Brit's! I truly do , but a few of you on here get a little carried away.
We don't 'think' you get pissed Jeffro, we 'know' bro. It's pretty evident you're a sensitive snowflake. But if your barometer for 'shit talking' on teams...
We don't 'think' you get pissed Jeffro, we 'know' bro. It's pretty evident you're a sensitive snowflake.

But if your barometer for 'shit talking' on teams at the MXdN is Vital though, you're way off base. You've probably not left your borders but there's a little thing called the language barrier and that's largely the reason they're not so prevalent here, law of averages and all that! It isn't just exclusive to Brit's though and you can bet your bottom dollar on that - trust me! I've witnessed many Europeans wanting to see Team USA lose over the years! Barcia getting stuck in the barrier at Lommel was a classic example, revving the shit out of his bike, having an absolute hissy fit; everyone cheered and was laughing at your American hero failing - it felt like the whole of Europe was taking great delight in it and that was before Superman 'Sun' came to his aid. Watching them both struggle seemed like pure comedy for many of the fans watching!

Alas and even by your standards you're sowing the old 'C- Team' excuse early Jeffro? The classic caveat. I guess you've got to find some solace in the face of potential defeat eh!. Don't worry bro it gets easier, as a Brit I know. Alas, if your C/B-Team couldn't lap our lads last year, I doubt it'll happen at Matterley Basin with the home crowd behind them.

Not sure why I just read all your drivel. I imagine some Austin power's looking dude , getting all pissed and throwing his tea and Crumpet's across the room. You just had a small melt down bro.....and you're lecturing me? haha....ok there Mr Power's. Laughing

And to this....

" I've witnessed many Europeans wanting to see Team USA lose over the years! Barcia getting stuck in the barrier at Lommel was a classic example, revving the shit out of his bike, having an absolute hissy fit; everyone cheered and was laughing at your American hero failing - it felt like the whole of Europe was taking great delight in it and that was before Superman 'Sun' came to his aid. Watching them both struggle seemed like pure comedy for many of the fans watching! "

Thank you for proving I was 100% correct about you wankers. Laughing That's the difference between fans over there and here. We actually cheer for guys Like Simpson , Desalle , Wilson , and the countless other's that make the trip over here to race. You just undoubtedly , proved me correct on everything I said. Most of you Brit's on here are cool as shit , but guys like you...haha , completely suck balls. You sound like a class act alright. Don't snag those big ol' buck teeth on your pillow cover tonight when you cry yourself to sleep.
YamahaJT1
8/15/2017 5:58pm
Pipe down, Brits...

"Keep Calm Under Blue"

LOL!

Just having a go at you...Smile

mxmasta
Fantasy
814th
8/16/2017 4:45am
Has this picture taken by Ray Archer been posted yet?

Team Captain Osborne on his british mission.

Gas7
8/16/2017 5:28am Edited Date/Time 8/16/2017 5:31am
Man I love that car. I would prefer they made those over the current stuff.
jamma10
8/16/2017 6:57am
YamahaJT1 wrote:
Keep an eye on TC #64... Covington can ride the ass out of a bike, and is what, 21 or so... Roger knows. Watch the interview...
Keep an eye on TC #64...

Covington can ride the ass out of a bike, and is what, 21 or so... Roger knows.

Watch the interview where Roger looks the reporter dead in the eyes and states "He'll be OK" concerning the 450.

Arnaud Tonus is hovering around top 10 or so in GP 450 this year. He got SMOKED horribly during his U.S.A. stint on the 250's. Best he could muster in AMA 250 was 9th at the end of the season. No excuses, it is racing.

Marv can FLY still and offer influence. KTM U.S.A. needs another jockey... NOW.

Fellow Americans, I'll wager that despite the outcome of MXdN, say "Welcome Home".

Oh, yeah, Baby!
Tonus was dissapointing no doubt, but his best finish was a 3rd at Southwick.

He dislocated his shoulder at Detroit SX which hampered his preperation for the 2016 outdoor season;

Hangtown 22-15
Glen Helen 10-15
Thunder Valley 18-9
High Point 8-14
Tennessee 12-8
Redbud 11-6
Southwick 3-8
Spring Creek 8-9
Washougal 7-8
Unadilla 16-38
Budds 7-17
Ironman 4-9
8/16/2017 7:06am
You can start talking shit about USA when your countries win a dozen in a row . I will admit that supercross is killing our guy's outdoor skill vs. Euros .
JBlain619
8/16/2017 7:17am
robkinuk wrote:
Even funnier for us Brits that's it's been Americans getting blue flagged in recent Mxdn . An FIM official at Lommel MXDN 2012 told me it...
Even funnier for us Brits that's it's been Americans getting blue flagged in recent Mxdn . An FIM official at Lommel MXDN 2012 told me it was the highlight of his season having to wave his blue flag at lapper Blake Baggett in both Moto's.
If you still don't believe this happened, I have photos on another hard drive of Herlings pulling about 30 yards on Blake through just one corner to prove this happened!Blush
So the Brits enjoy the triumph of the Dutch??? I see....hell it only took 2 and a half decades apparently to erase the memory of an American smoking the World 500 champ, who happened to be British, on a hilly country side in Italy on a 125 Dry

If you're memory is foggy...

Fast forward to 4:40
Park Boys
Fantasy
39th
8/16/2017 7:25am
You can start talking shit about USA when your countries win a dozen in a row . I will admit that supercross is killing our guy's...
You can start talking shit about USA when your countries win a dozen in a row . I will admit that supercross is killing our guy's outdoor skill vs. Euros .
It's the tracks, Americans are no longer guaranteed a win on the tight old school tracks and often times look like fish out of water much like how most of the top GP guys looked at say Glen Helen. Put the MxDN on AMA tracks for five years in a row and everyone would be singing a different tune. Obviously I know that will never happen. The diffrences are so obvious but most people fail to see them, Technique vs Speed is what it comes down to for the most part. GP riders usually have better technique for the most part because the tracks they race on command it. AMA riders are usually better at pinning it and hitting the outside which usally dosent work in the GPs.
JBlain619
8/16/2017 7:33am
Park Boys wrote:
It's the tracks, Americans are no longer guaranteed a win on the tight old school tracks and often times look like fish out of water much...
It's the tracks, Americans are no longer guaranteed a win on the tight old school tracks and often times look like fish out of water much like how most of the top GP guys looked at say Glen Helen. Put the MxDN on AMA tracks for five years in a row and everyone would be singing a different tune. Obviously I know that will never happen. The diffrences are so obvious but most people fail to see them, Technique vs Speed is what it comes down to for the most part. GP riders usually have better technique for the most part because the tracks they race on command it. AMA riders are usually better at pinning it and hitting the outside which usally dosent work in the GPs.
Agreed!
Prejump
8/16/2017 8:47am
Park Boys wrote:
It's the tracks, Americans are no longer guaranteed a win on the tight old school tracks and often times look like fish out of water much...
Exactly. US are the best riders in the world at riding US tracks. But it's not surprising really as that's all they race on.

GP riders are a different breed & have learned to race greater diversity across the world.

Matterly in terms of layout/jumps is prob more similar to a US track then most, so In that respect team USA have a better chance.
8/16/2017 9:30am
I'm calling it right now. Zacko will pull a Villopoto ala Budds Creek 2007 and the jaws will drop.
8/16/2017 9:54am
I really enjoyed my last experience at the Matterly GP. Even though I didn't have much to cheer for as far as country pride (Alessi you suck), it was a lot of fun and still gave you that warm n' fuzzy feeling to see Searle and Simpson give it their all. It really showed they wanted to win at their home event (like when Cooper won the MXGP at Charlotte). This is my favorite part of the MXoN because it's that way for all riders and teams. Can't wait to go back in a few weeks.

P.S. Covington rode that track pretty well. Just saying... I was probably the only one waiving a flag over the fence for him.
PRM31
8/16/2017 10:33am
On another note... It wasn't that long ago that if you would have said the US team would be two Huskys and a Honda people would have said you were crazy.
a22
8/16/2017 11:32am
brocky2727 wrote:
I'm calling it right now. Zacko will pull a Villopoto ala Budds Creek 2007 and the jaws will drop.
Yes, wouldn't surprise me at all that he could do that.... That Guy is an animal when it comes to determination and 'never say die attitude'- ala SX win over Savatgy.... and some of the outdoors rides this year.
Also Zacho is going to have quite a few friends from UK cheering him on; as he made alot of friends here when he came over and lived here. I for one will be rooting for him.

Covington abit surprised he got picked but he too is a great rider as is Seely. Maybe Thomas is quick on a 450 hence the choice.
All going to be good and intersesting.... best of luck to all the riders from whatever countries.
Yep
8/16/2017 1:07pm
brocky2727 wrote:
Prado holeshot, Zack getting punted by Prado when Prado drops down the order and Zach is moving up. Dylan will bang him up also.
ATKpilot99
8/16/2017 1:31pm
brocky2727 wrote:
Yep wrote:
Prado holeshot, Zack getting punted by Prado when Prado drops down the order and Zach is moving up. Dylan will bang him up also.
Lol

Post a reply to: Seely, Zacho, and Covington

The Latest