Securing your bike

Cashmore
10/26/2018 12:29pm Edited Date/Time 10/26/2018 12:32pm
DTR830 wrote:
Insurance. Also have a state trooper & local officer on my street of 20 homes.
Insurance for sure. I’ve had my bike stolen out of the back of my truck while I was parked next to a state trooper. And another by a local TX rider that post on here. I’ve had 3 bikes stolen and only recoverd one and it was years later off of craigslist.
fourfourone
10/26/2018 12:46pm Edited Date/Time 10/26/2018 12:49pm
guy they caught got charged pretty good. I found him on facebook. He was one of those inner city bikelife clowns. 53a-101 BURGLARY 1ST DEG B...
guy they caught got charged pretty good. I found him on facebook. He was one of those inner city bikelife clowns.

53a-101
BURGLARY 1ST DEG
B
Felony

53a-124
LARCENY 3RD DEG
D
Felony

53a-116
CRIMINAL MISCHIEF 2ND DEG
A
Misdemeanor

53a-167a
INTERFERE WITH OFFCR/RESISTING
A
Misdemeanor

53a-125
LARCENY 4TH DEG
A
Misdemeanor

53a-122
LARCENY 1ST DEG
B
Felony

Yea he will come back too. Got nothing to lose and knows you got bikes. These guys just wanna be in and out. Jackass that robbed...
Yea he will come back too. Got nothing to lose and knows you got bikes.

These guys just wanna be in and out. Jackass that robbed me came back but the dog got him. Anyway you can slow them down they’ll get spooked and take off. However they’ll take notes on what ya got. Case you and come back 4 months later with tools they need.

Best thing you can do is insure them really. If they take it. Make a claim.

I wouldn’t recommend doing this but I visited the guy that robbed me twice at jail. And wrote him a letter the day he got out (left it in his grandmas mailbox) reminding him that’s he’s easy to follow given his criminal history. that’s been almost 5 years ago. Bastards never been back but I check in on his record. He’s still the B and E KING.....just can’t stop stealing stuff. but even criminals love their grandma.....
from my research. and the facts he has priors for similar shit, he might actually see a few years in jail. Burglary one and larceny 1 are big offenses in CT. Since the rarely catch these guy the cops thinks the judge will be very hard on him. The bail is 100k and hes currently locked up until the court date next month. By that time ill be long gone out of this place. Cops said chances of them coming back are slim to none. They couldn't get the bike as it was basically handed to them. Cops said as dumb as the criminals are, they don't like stealing difficult stuff. They realize the garage door opener wont be in the car anymore and that I most likely will take extra steps to secure the bike.

Who knows. I always have had insurance on my bike. They would now have to actually break into my home to get access. The charges are on a whole other level if caught doing that. Most the dick heads smash and grab so if they do get caught its a slap on the wrist. They aren't hardened criminals just pussy men that steal. Hence why they ran like a bunch of bitches when I confronted them.
oceantrav
10/27/2018 1:05pm
That was my thread I started a few months back when 3 of my bikes got jacked.

Ended up getting my kids 2019 yz85 back. Dude was trying to sell it to a guy with a "bikes Wanted ad". The potential buyer knew it was stolen from my post and hit me up. I went on the dudes Facebook profile and saw he was selling a go cart and some other shit on Facebook market place. Messaged him like I wanted the go cart, went and took my bike back at gun point. Unfortunately haven't found my other two bikes yet....
fourfourone
10/27/2018 3:27pm
cjmx wrote:
oceantrav wrote:
That was my thread I started a few months back when 3 of my bikes got jacked. Ended up getting my kids 2019 yz85 back. Dude...
That was my thread I started a few months back when 3 of my bikes got jacked.

Ended up getting my kids 2019 yz85 back. Dude was trying to sell it to a guy with a "bikes Wanted ad". The potential buyer knew it was stolen from my post and hit me up. I went on the dudes Facebook profile and saw he was selling a go cart and some other shit on Facebook market place. Messaged him like I wanted the go cart, went and took my bike back at gun point. Unfortunately haven't found my other two bikes yet....
Makes me think if my bike was actually gone would I even buy another one? Yea insurance would cover it and I would get a new bike but what would stop that one from getting stolen too. Takes a big chunk of fun out of the sport when you have to constantly worry about shit getting stolen

The Shop

piscokid
10/29/2018 10:57am Edited Date/Time 10/29/2018 10:58am
Kanewel433 wrote:
I've never seen the Pewag chain or locks before so thanks for sharing. A few questions though; how do you secure everything when transporting the bike...
I've never seen the Pewag chain or locks before so thanks for sharing.

A few questions though; how do you secure everything when transporting the bike? The chain wouldn't likely be able to loop through the tie down mounts in a truck bed and most of the locks I see wouldn't be able to accommodate the two loose ends and also mount to the truck tie down loop simultaneously.
In the garage, they are locked to the floor with a bracket that was mounted with sleeve anchors. No getting that out. In the trailer, I lock the 2 bikes together and then lock to the floor of the trailer that has a big ass metal plate mounted under the floor. The chain can be cut with a grinder, (there is a video on youtube) but it takes like 45 minutes to make 1 cut. Like everyone else has said, it just has to slow the thief down or make it very un inviting.
fourfourone
10/29/2018 11:45am
Kanewel433 wrote:
I've never seen the Pewag chain or locks before so thanks for sharing. A few questions though; how do you secure everything when transporting the bike...
I've never seen the Pewag chain or locks before so thanks for sharing.

A few questions though; how do you secure everything when transporting the bike? The chain wouldn't likely be able to loop through the tie down mounts in a truck bed and most of the locks I see wouldn't be able to accommodate the two loose ends and also mount to the truck tie down loop simultaneously.
piscokid wrote:
In the garage, they are locked to the floor with a bracket that was mounted with sleeve anchors. No getting that out. In the trailer, I...
In the garage, they are locked to the floor with a bracket that was mounted with sleeve anchors. No getting that out. In the trailer, I lock the 2 bikes together and then lock to the floor of the trailer that has a big ass metal plate mounted under the floor. The chain can be cut with a grinder, (there is a video on youtube) but it takes like 45 minutes to make 1 cut. Like everyone else has said, it just has to slow the thief down or make it very un inviting.
I did the same thing with the bracket mounted to the concrete. I used 5/16th 3 inch concrete lags instead. That way when I move out the hole isn't quite as big.
10/29/2018 11:57am
Here in the Netherlands a few years ago. Thiefs where going to a random motocross race. Just watching for bikes. When you we're loading your bike and head home they just followed you to see where u lived. To steal it the same night.
Mostly people from eastern Europe. Steal the bike and sell it in Romania or Bulgaria.
Kinda sad
fourfourone
10/29/2018 12:10pm
Here in the Netherlands a few years ago. Thiefs where going to a random motocross race. Just watching for bikes. When you we're loading your bike...
Here in the Netherlands a few years ago. Thiefs where going to a random motocross race. Just watching for bikes. When you we're loading your bike and head home they just followed you to see where u lived. To steal it the same night.
Mostly people from eastern Europe. Steal the bike and sell it in Romania or Bulgaria.
Kinda sad
If stolen in my area, either they change the vin and create fake paperwork and sell out of state, or it ends up in the hands on some wheelie wayne ass clown from the inner city

Post a reply to: Securing your bike

The Latest