Seattle, please no more mud. 40% chance of rain

thearc
Cross your fingers, forecast says 40% chance of rain.
I know there’s probably a million reasons why they can’t but the Mariners staduim across the street has a retractable roof...just saying.
|
Patrick461
3/17/2019 10:00pm
I hope it does rain shake up the points again and let Roczen have a better shot at a win
JeepnMike
3/17/2019 10:07pm
Feld held Monster Jam in this stadium over this weekend (SX next weekend). They are obviously trying to double their opportunities for using Centurylink Field by having Monster Jam and SX back-to-back. The crappy part, the weather in Seattle has been beautiful all weekend for Monster Jam, but purely for the sake of karma for pulling in SX even earlier in the season to accommodate the back-to-back with Monster Jam, it will be a mud-fest this weekend. Thank Feld Smile
3/17/2019 10:17pm
Whoever scheduled the Seattle round for this early in the year is an idiot. Most likely going to be miserable for the people going, I usually freeze my balls off during the night show and that's when the race was held toward the end of April.
3/17/2019 10:20pm
cue: "It's Seattle, they always predict rain"

cue: "As a local resident, I can tell you that it does rain here, but not as much as everyone thinks"

cue: "The Weatherman! Only job where you don't get fired for being wrong half the time! LOL"

The Shop

cwtoyota
3/17/2019 11:17pm
cue: "It's Seattle, they always predict rain" cue: "As a local resident, I can tell you that it does rain here, but not as much as...

cue: "As a local resident, I can tell you that it does rain here, but not as much as everyone thinks"

cue: "The Weatherman! Only job where you don't get fired for being wrong half the time! LOL"
"As a local resident, I can tell you that it does rain here, but not as much as everyone thinks"

Bullshit... It rains as much as they think and it's dumb to schedule it in March.

Honestly, what else can Feld do. They have a whole series to think about and so many other factors.
I'm glad we have a race and it's the people who built the stadium without a roof who have me confused...
APLMAN99
3/18/2019 5:27am
cue: "It's Seattle, they always predict rain" cue: "As a local resident, I can tell you that it does rain here, but not as much as...

cwtoyota wrote:
"As a local resident, I can tell you that it does rain here, but not as much as everyone thinks" Bullshit... It rains as much as...
"As a local resident, I can tell you that it does rain here, but not as much as everyone thinks"

Bullshit... It rains as much as they think and it's dumb to schedule it in March.

Honestly, what else can Feld do. They have a whole series to think about and so many other factors.
I'm glad we have a race and it's the people who built the stadium without a roof who have me confused...
It doesn’t rain as “much” as they think, but it rains far more “often”......

Crazy that Seattle averages almost the exact average annual rainfall as Dallas, but has nearly twice as many rain days a year. It’s that every day drizzle that just about killed me the last time I lived on that side of the mountains.
omalley
3/18/2019 5:30am
Whoever scheduled the Seattle round for this early in the year is an idiot. Most likely going to be miserable for the people going, I usually...
Whoever scheduled the Seattle round for this early in the year is an idiot. Most likely going to be miserable for the people going, I usually freeze my balls off during the night show and that's when the race was held toward the end of April.
Hence why I no longer go. I’m not paying that much money to go freeze my nuts off and watch a mudder.
omalley
3/18/2019 5:39am

cwtoyota wrote:
"As a local resident, I can tell you that it does rain here, but not as much as everyone thinks" Bullshit... It rains as much as...

Far dumber than that...

First, the sea chickens put an assload of money into the Kingdome to fix falling roof parts.

Then, the Mariners get to build a new stadium and asked the chickens if they wanted to be part of it. Nope, we just put a bunch of money into the Kingdome, were good.

Then, after Safeco (now T-Mobile) was built, the chickens want their own stadium and get it.

I really like Safeco. Nice atmosphere and practical with our weather and sliding roof. The first time I went in Centurylink, I realized it was basically the Kingdome with the top cut off. It’s a dump. And not having at least a sliding roof in the PNW is stupid. Not just for SX, but concerts etc. Seattle is a place where it can be 80 for two weeks in July, then turn to 50 and rain the night of an event.

Oh well, if everything goes according to plan, in 4-7 years I’m moving somewhere sunny and getting the hell out of the sewer known as Western WA anyway.
3/18/2019 8:11am
omalley wrote:
Far dumber than that... First, the sea chickens put an assload of money into the Kingdome to fix falling roof parts. Then, the Mariners get to...
Far dumber than that...

First, the sea chickens put an assload of money into the Kingdome to fix falling roof parts.

Then, the Mariners get to build a new stadium and asked the chickens if they wanted to be part of it. Nope, we just put a bunch of money into the Kingdome, were good.

Then, after Safeco (now T-Mobile) was built, the chickens want their own stadium and get it.

I really like Safeco. Nice atmosphere and practical with our weather and sliding roof. The first time I went in Centurylink, I realized it was basically the Kingdome with the top cut off. It’s a dump. And not having at least a sliding roof in the PNW is stupid. Not just for SX, but concerts etc. Seattle is a place where it can be 80 for two weeks in July, then turn to 50 and rain the night of an event.

Oh well, if everything goes according to plan, in 4-7 years I’m moving somewhere sunny and getting the hell out of the sewer known as Western WA anyway.
Uhhhhhh the Kingdome was being blown up so the Seahawks had no choice.

Saying CLink is just like the Kingdome makes me believe you never went to either one. Calling Western WA a sewer makes me think maybe you are just crazy. Very few places in the country that are better than what we have here, even while liberal political policies are trying to rot it from the core.

HusqFan3
3/18/2019 8:28am
You guys can blame my bad karma for this one. It’s literally been sunny every Saturday for the past month here in Seattle and is supposed to be 72 and sunny today. Of course they’re only calling for rain and cold weather on fri/sat just to F with my head. Same for MXoN. If I’m hoping for good weather, you can all but bank on it raining...
hamncheeze
3/18/2019 8:31am
Things will turn out OK if they used the dirt from 2017. It was kind of dark and sandy/gravelly and seemed to absorb the moisture pretty well and we had a GREAT night of racing. But last year they used dirt more consistent with 2011-2014 and it poured and it was a total mudder. I'm guessing with a Monster Jam we are likely stuck with the clay from 2018 again so chances are it will be sloppy.

But who knows, it's 6 days away and weather forecasting this time of year in the PNW is notoriously suspect. Currently it's high pressure and warm, so they should have no problem getting the track built and sealed. Most models have the bulk of rain late Friday and overnight into Saturday, so there's a chance it turns out OK.
cwtoyota
3/18/2019 3:59pm

cwtoyota wrote:

omalley wrote:
Far dumber than that... First, the sea chickens put an assload of money into the Kingdome to fix falling roof parts. Then, the Mariners get to...
Far dumber than that...

I kinda wonder if they still owe money on the King Dome ceiling repairs from the 1990's... Haha.

It might just be nostalgia, but I preferred the Supercross back in those days in the King Dome.
Walking up that ramp as a kid, and you start to hear bikes out for practice, walk in and you see the track with a giant blue cloud of the best smelling smoke in the world and it was never raining in there (unless you count ceiling tiles).

omalley
3/18/2019 6:51pm Edited Date/Time 3/18/2019 6:51pm
omalley wrote:
Far dumber than that...

Uhhhhhh the Kingdome was being blown up so the Seahawks had no choice. Saying CLink is just like the Kingdome makes me believe you never went...
Uhhhhhh the Kingdome was being blown up so the Seahawks had no choice.

Saying CLink is just like the Kingdome makes me believe you never went to either one. Calling Western WA a sewer makes me think maybe you are just crazy. Very few places in the country that are better than what we have here, even while liberal political policies are trying to rot it from the core.

I’ve spent my entire (nearly 42 year) life in Western WA. It’s a shithole. Rain, granola munching hippies, large distances to ride somewhere, and pushy, rude assholes everywhere. If it weren’t for the fact that my kids and work are here, I’d be gone tomorrow.
I’ve been to at least 4 SX rounds in the clink plus two concerts, and at least 6 in the Kingdome. I stand by my statement. Safeco (T-Mobile) is nice, but like everything else in Seattle, Centurylink is a steaming pile of shit.

Post a reply to: Seattle, please no more mud. 40% chance of rain

The Latest