Seattle Supercross Cancelled...to be rescheduled

Nuffsaid
3/11/2020 5:52pm
level wrote:
How is next event going to be any different? They just gonna cancel all going forward? Don’t see it dying down anytime soon.
FlaNard wrote:
Well they have taken serious action in Washington State. Feld didn't cancel Seattle on their own and likely wouldn't have if they didn't have to. We...
Well they have taken serious action in Washington State. Feld didn't cancel Seattle on their own and likely wouldn't have if they didn't have to. We have nothing like this in place currently here is Salt Lake so unless things change I doubt this round goes anywhere. Gatherings and sporting events still happening as of now.
You can bet things will change and in a hurry, the virus is transmittable even if the carrier shows no symptoms whatsoever. Just 1 healthy carrier say a concession worker could pass it on to everyone he has contact with then they pass it on and it just explodes which is what’s happening as we speak
3/11/2020 6:01pm
That ain't no championship.... Not a full season....no champion should be recognized. I don't care who the top guy is. I sure as hell would not...
That ain't no championship.... Not a full season....no champion should be recognized. I don't care who the top guy is.

I sure as hell would not want to win that way.
GuyB wrote:
Time out.

They're looking to reschedule the round.
Yep....I saw that....but people are still doom and gloom that it's going to end early.
3/11/2020 6:12pm
I am just about to book my long awaited trip over to Vegas for the SX round, do I even bother now?...its a lot to organise from both sides of the pond...really not sure what to do...
MotoMan12345
Fantasy
1978th
3/11/2020 6:20pm
Geez this is a mess. Hopefully no other rounds get messed up

The Shop

C.Worthy
3/11/2020 6:23pm
#76 wrote:
I am just about to book my long awaited trip over to Vegas for the SX round, do I even bother now?...its a lot to organise...
I am just about to book my long awaited trip over to Vegas for the SX round, do I even bother now?...its a lot to organise from both sides of the pond...really not sure what to do...
Yea maybe get travel insurance. All incoming non essential travel just got banned from Europe (not UK) into the US for the next 30 days Starts this Friday
mxcrzy
Fantasy
823rd
3/11/2020 6:34pm
Seems roczen isnt all about it being rescheduled, he posted to facebook
FlaNard
3/11/2020 6:37pm Edited Date/Time 3/11/2020 6:53pm
level wrote:
How is next event going to be any different? They just gonna cancel all going forward? Don’t see it dying down anytime soon.
FlaNard wrote:
Well they have taken serious action in Washington State. Feld didn't cancel Seattle on their own and likely wouldn't have if they didn't have to. We...
Well they have taken serious action in Washington State. Feld didn't cancel Seattle on their own and likely wouldn't have if they didn't have to. We have nothing like this in place currently here is Salt Lake so unless things change I doubt this round goes anywhere. Gatherings and sporting events still happening as of now.
Nuffsaid wrote:
You can bet things will change and in a hurry, the virus is transmittable even if the carrier shows no symptoms whatsoever. Just 1 healthy carrier...
You can bet things will change and in a hurry, the virus is transmittable even if the carrier shows no symptoms whatsoever. Just 1 healthy carrier say a concession worker could pass it on to everyone he has contact with then they pass it on and it just explodes which is what’s happening as we speak
Out of curiosity, what are you hoping for here? Honestly curious. Just in general. As for Salt Lake my guess is we follow suit of the other rounds. However they go we go. We're a low risk group here. Two percent of cases are kids and they recover fine. So they're good. Utah is also one of the fittest states (limited obesity) and doesn't have a lot of smokers. The groups at highest risk besides the elderly. So the risk of death here is basically limited to that single group and people with certain illnesses. We obviously need to protect them but that won't mean everyone lives inside for a year to a year and a half until a vaccine is rolled out.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
3/11/2020 6:37pm
mxcrzy wrote:
Seems roczen isnt all about it being rescheduled, he posted to facebook
DPR250R
3/11/2020 6:37pm Edited Date/Time 3/11/2020 6:38pm
NBA just suspended the season.

Looks like a player tested positive.
RichieW13
Fantasy
2916th
3/11/2020 6:40pm
Nuffsaid wrote:
You can bet things will change and in a hurry, the virus is transmittable even if the carrier shows no symptoms whatsoever. Just 1 healthy carrier...
I can't believe you got downvoted for this.

The NBA just announced they are suspending their season.
Chance1216
3/11/2020 7:17pm
Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson tested positive for the Corona Virus.
FlaNard
3/11/2020 8:00pm Edited Date/Time 3/11/2020 8:03pm
Chance1216 wrote:
Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson tested positive for the Corona Virus.
FlaNard
3/11/2020 8:01pm Edited Date/Time 3/11/2020 8:04pm

Now every chicken little will very publicly get to see absolutely nothing happen to a pair of infected 60 somethings. May be good for some people to see. I wish them the best.
Nuffsaid
3/11/2020 8:17pm
FlaNard wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/03/11/409975/s1200_ED9702FA_2C15_4B3A_B20C_C704797515DC.jpg[/img] Now every chicken little will very publicly get to see absolutely nothing happen to a pair of infected 60 somethings. May be good for some...

Now every chicken little will very publicly get to see absolutely nothing happen to a pair of infected 60 somethings. May be good for some people to see. I wish them the best.
I imagine they have very good health insurance, what about the 1/4 of the USA that has no insurance and will getting treatment on your dime and overrunning the emergency wards?
logan_140
3/11/2020 8:18pm
GuyB wrote:
I'm not sure why people are preparing for an illness like it's an earthquake or natural disaster. Toilet paper? I've yet to see violent bowel movements...
I'm not sure why people are preparing for an illness like it's an earthquake or natural disaster. Toilet paper? I've yet to see violent bowel movements as a symptom for respiratory disease. Bottled water? I also hadn't heard about a lack of running water being an issue.
The man speaks common sense!!! It's what the media caused by whipping people into a frenzy.... which is more dangerous than anything once it gets out...
The man speaks common sense!!!

It's what the media caused by whipping people into a frenzy.... which is more dangerous than anything once it gets out of hand.
I better be able to go to the store tomorrow and get Tp.. only got 3 rolls left
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1151st
3/11/2020 8:25pm
logan_140 wrote:
I better be able to go to the store tomorrow and get Tp.. only got 3 rolls left

EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1151st
3/11/2020 9:36pm
FlaNard wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/03/11/409975/s1200_ED9702FA_2C15_4B3A_B20C_C704797515DC.jpg[/img] Now every chicken little will very publicly get to see absolutely nothing happen to a pair of infected 60 somethings. May be good for some...

After reading those symptoms, I'm pretty sure I've had Corona a few times in the last 30+ years!Blink
mxpro252
3/11/2020 10:29pm
That's not really why people are stocking up - in the event we go into city-wide or state-wide lock down like they have done in Italy...
That's not really why people are stocking up - in the event we go into city-wide or state-wide lock down like they have done in Italy, you won't be able to access main staple items like bottled water or toilet paper potentially for weeks. It's not about addressing symptoms of coronavirus, it's about being prepared to be stuck in your house or dwelling for an extended period of time without access to buying it.

Frankly, people should be stocking up on beer, chips, candy, coffee and creamer.
This didn’t entirely cross my mind until tonight. I was at a decent sized store (total wine) grabbing some adult refreshments and the cashier said they’re talking about closing multiple stores entirely for at least 2 weeks. I’d say it’s safe to assume they’re not the only ones
dnf736
3/12/2020 6:44am Edited Date/Time 3/12/2020 6:45am
That ain't no championship.... Not a full season....no champion should be recognized. I don't care who the top guy is. I sure as hell would not...
That ain't no championship.... Not a full season....no champion should be recognized. I don't care who the top guy is.

GuyB wrote:
Time out.

https://www.sandiego.gov/stadium

Can be had for cheap, they store the dirt for Petco on the property, wouldn't even need to skip the date.
dedi684
3/12/2020 6:46am
Rescheduled = cancelled
resetjet
3/12/2020 7:48am
I would bet doubleheader or small venue as well. Not enough time to promote a large stadium at this point.
SethGator
3/12/2020 7:51am
with the Euro travel ban, Mitchell Harrison is now stuck overseas no?
motokawi818
3/12/2020 7:59am
SethGator wrote:
with the Euro travel ban, Mitchell Harrison is now stuck overseas no?
I keep seeing essential travel mentioned, but with that banned I’d imagine airline companies won’t run to fly the few essential people. I wonder how he can get home?
SethGator
3/12/2020 8:20am
I keep seeing essential travel mentioned, but with that banned I’d imagine airline companies won’t run to fly the few essential people. I wonder how he...
I keep seeing essential travel mentioned, but with that banned I’d imagine airline companies won’t run to fly the few essential people. I wonder how he can get home?
not looking good, Bud Racing seem like some good dudes. I'd guess he will be staying with some of the team for the foreseeable future.
zookie
3/12/2020 8:24am
A good read for all the armchair epidemiologists and public health experts here: https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coronavirus-act-today-or-people-will-die…

TL;DR isolation is critical to keep key resources from being Overwhelmed if this thing explodes like it has in other countries and to keep vulnerable population as safe as possible.

Isolation is the short term equivalent of pack immunity or widespread use of vaccines. This is a great analog to why vaccines are important for other critical things.
3/12/2020 8:30am Edited Date/Time 3/12/2020 8:48am
I live in Seattle area and the media has caused people to lose their minds. Fear and panic has taken over I'm not saying this isn't serious but rational has gone out the window. I have a friend who was dumb enough to go on a cruise last week that started in Argentina. I said that wouldn't be wise he might be stuck on that boat now.

One of the ladies i work with was out for a couple of days sick. She has the flu not corona and she's a long time smoker. So it's not uncommon to hear her have a nasty cough a few times a day. They freaked out and sent her home and told her to go get tested. She didn't have corona.
Racerman967
3/12/2020 8:39am

GuyB wrote:
Time out.

dnf736 wrote:
https://www.sandiego.gov/stadium

Can be had for cheap, they store the dirt for Petco on the property, wouldn't even need to skip the date.
Except California now has the same restrictions of gatherings of more than 250 people. 4MLB teams need to reschedule their home opener. We may squeak in Indy but my guess is that is the last race for a while.
cody331
3/12/2020 12:16pm
Say the season gets postponed. Does Feld try and reschedule dates in the summer and force riders to choose between finishing the SX season and racing the outdoors? Is there some agreement between Feld and MXSports?
IanMac138
3/12/2020 12:32pm
'It's not like flu': Doctor's warning to those underestimating coronavirus

"It’s a dismissive comment uttered, sometimes without much thought, among circles of friends or on social media.

But as the coronavirus reaches a critical point outside of China, simply passing off coronavirus as a ‘flu-like’ outbreak is a naive move, doctors and virologists have warned.

In Italy in particular, where the country’s health system has been stretched to its limit with an outbreak of more than 10,000 cases, the impact of the virus is not to be underestimated.

In a now-viral tweet, one woman in northern Italy warned the country had made a “big mistake” in the lead-up to the outbreak in the European epicentre which has sent its death toll soaring beyond 600.

“Please, please guys. Here in northern Italy we made one big mistake. Everybody kept saying: ‘It’s just flu’ and now our intensive care units are collapsing,” 23-year-old Bianca, from Lombardy, tweeted.

“Everybody kept going outside like nothing happened and now our grandparents and parents are dying.

“Coronavirus is not flu.”

And in a lengthy post on Facebook which has since been shared 32,000 times, Dr Daniele Macchini who is on the frontline of the coronavirus fight in the Italian city of Bergamo, revealed the devastating effect the virus is having on the health system.

“The war has literally exploded and battles are uninterrupted day and night,” he said.

“The need for beds has arrived in all its drama. One after the other the departments that had been emptied fill up at an impressive pace.”

He said the virus must not be likened to the flu.

“Explain to me which flu virus causes such a rapid drama. And while there are still people who boast of not being afraid by ignoring directions, protesting because their normal routine is ‘temporarily’ put in crisis, the epidemiological disaster is taking place,” he said. As the virus continues to spread in more countries, Professor Ian Mackay, virologist and associate professor at the University of Queensland, has warned the virus must not be underestimated.

Speaking to Yahoo News Australia, he said many people he comes across daily refer to coronavirus as “just another flu” without seeing it as a “big risk”.

“It’s hard to stress how bad this could be if we don’t take it seriously.”

He noted how “advanced” medical teams in countries where the outbreak has soared have been forced to make the decision on whether patients live or die due to a lack of beds or staff to cope with “the sheer overwhelming number of sick people”.

“We’re seeing the virus spread and cause a lot of severe disease and while it’s not death, it’s still severe disease and it’s tying up a lot of healthcare resources. That’s not what we see every year from flu,” he said.

In recent days Italian media has broadcast footage of ICU units overflowing with patients, with the current situation labelled by Prof Mackay as a “cautionary tale”.

Weeks before, the plight of medical teams in the Chinese province of Hubei, the original epicentre of the virus, was widely documented as staff worked day and night in their fight against the outbreak.

‘This virus is not influenza’

Last week, the World Health Organization (WHO) chief Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus specifically warned the coronavirus outbreak shouldn’t be compared to the flu.

“This virus is not SARS, it’s not MERS, and it’s not influenza. It is a unique virus with unique characteristics,” he said.

Tedros reiterated that Covid-19 causes more severe disease than seasonal influenza.“While many people globally have built up immunity to seasonal flu strains, Covid-19 is a new virus to which no one has immunity,” he said.

“That means more people are susceptible to infection, and some will suffer severe disease.”

He noted the current global mortality rate sits at 3.4% while seasonal flus sit at less than 1%.

Tedros praised the work of countries working to contain the virus, such as Australia where a cluster of cases has occurred in Sydney’s northwest.

“We don’t even talk about containment for seasonal flu – it’s just not possible. But it is possible for Covid-19,” he said.

“It will prevent infections and save lives. Containment is possible.”

In a report on coronavirus issued by WHO in February, treating the virus as the flu will only cause further deaths.

“Building scenarios and strategies only on the basis of well-known pathogens risks failing to exploit all possible measures to slow transmission of the Covid-19 virus, reduce disease and save lives,” the report said.

- - - - -

It's our parents and grandparents we have to be worried about. And the issue is our health care and hospital system is in no way prepared for the shit about to hit the fan. My good friend works in an ICU and ISO ward here at a large Portland hospital and says they are already at capacity from people who show exact symptoms of the virus but are awaiting tests that should of been available weeks ago. So these people who probably have it have been walking and interacting with everyone for days or weeks and had no idea. She said shit's about to get real and people better wake the F up because it's here and it's gonna be brutal. Adidas HQ here in Portland just shut down from 2 positive cases. Buckle up.
IanMac138
3/12/2020 1:08pm
Oh the irony. Rudy Gobert makes fun of the virus and touches all the mic's and is now confirmed to have Covid19.

Post a reply to: Seattle Supercross Cancelled...to be rescheduled

The Latest