Seattle Supercross Cancelled...to be rescheduled

GuyB
Fantasy
1315th
3/11/2020 2:42pm Edited Date/Time 3/12/2020 1:08pm
In accordance with the governor’s restrictions on group gatherings in King County amid coronavirus concerns, the upcoming Monster Energy Supercross event scheduled on March 28, 2020 at CenturyLink Field in Seattle has been cancelled.

Refund information for fans is located at http://www.centurylinkfield.com/event/monster-energy-supercross-20/.

The 13th race in the 2020 Monster Energy Supercross series will be rescheduled. For more information please continue to get real time updates at SupercrossLive.com.
|
RandyS
3/11/2020 2:48pm
How is that going to work? There is an Easter break 2 weeks later or Seattle becomes the final?
ProKawi24
3/11/2020 2:51pm
RandyS wrote:
How is that going to work? There is an Easter break 2 weeks later or Seattle becomes the final?
The only other time is during the 1 weekend off before outdoors. I don't know what would be more difficult, having the race on a scheduled off holiday weekend or during the tiny break these riders/teams get before going outdoors for a whole new series...
GuyB
Fantasy
1315th
3/11/2020 2:51pm
If I was going to guess (and this really is a guess, because I don't know of any behind-the-scenes plans), I'd think we might see a doubleheader at a future round as a make-up race.
3/11/2020 2:52pm
RandyS wrote:
Matthes tweeted that he’s heard rumours of there being a doubleheader in one of the remaining cities.

The Shop

Fonzarelli
3/11/2020 2:53pm
RandyS wrote:
That release doesn't make it totally clear but I take this sentence "The 13th race in the 2020 Monster Energy Supercross series will be rescheduled" to mean the round is being rescheduled elsewhere. If they were just postponing they wouldn't have to give all those refunds, many would want to keep their tickets.
loftyair
3/11/2020 2:58pm
What a mess it could be if they scheduled during an outdoor race!
AJ565
3/11/2020 3:05pm
If they do a doubleheader could they change the track design enough to run it backwards for the second race like they did at MEC? That'd be better than the same track twice.
Gilby122
3/11/2020 3:05pm
Crazy. Regardless of what anyone thinks of the virus or the media, the NCAA now playing the entire tourney with no fans and NBA games now scheduling games with no crowds, this may not be the last event to be cancelled. Hope that isn't the case.
bsharkey
3/11/2020 3:08pm
GuyB wrote:
If I was going to guess (and this really is a guess, because I don't know of any behind-the-scenes plans), I'd think we might see a...
If I was going to guess (and this really is a guess, because I don't know of any behind-the-scenes plans), I'd think we might see a doubleheader at a future round as a make-up race.
That would be awesome
Like the old kingdome days
1down5up
march 28th is open @ Rice-Eccles Stadium, Salt Lake City, Utah.no events scheduled.
Ted722
3/11/2020 3:08pm Edited Date/Time 3/11/2020 3:15pm
Denver's an East/West and Vegas(West) is a Triple Crown. Seems like Vegas would be the most likely for the Seattle(West) re-schedule/double header, but a standard format.
So..... is it cancelled? Or being Rescheduled?

That's two completely different things.Such a weird PR.
GuyB
Fantasy
1315th
3/11/2020 3:09pm
Fonzarelli wrote:
That release doesn't make it totally clear but I take this sentence "The 13th race in the 2020 Monster Energy Supercross series will be rescheduled" to...
That release doesn't make it totally clear but I take this sentence "The 13th race in the 2020 Monster Energy Supercross series will be rescheduled" to mean the round is being rescheduled elsewhere. If they were just postponing they wouldn't have to give all those refunds, many would want to keep their tickets.
It makes it hard to plan ahead when you don't know how long the prohibition on large events is going to last. I assume it will be held elsewhere.
tingo
3/11/2020 3:11pm
Gilby122 wrote:
Crazy. Regardless of what anyone thinks of the virus or the media, the NCAA now playing the entire tourney with no fans and NBA games now...
Crazy. Regardless of what anyone thinks of the virus or the media, the NCAA now playing the entire tourney with no fans and NBA games now scheduling games with no crowds, this may not be the last event to be cancelled. Hope that isn't the case.
#metoo, but I suspect you’re right. Just like your local idiots at Costco buying all the toilet paper in sight, other cities will soon follow. Why react when we can overreact?
150ripper
3/11/2020 3:17pm
Gilby122 wrote:
Crazy. Regardless of what anyone thinks of the virus or the media, the NCAA now playing the entire tourney with no fans and NBA games now...
tingo wrote:
#metoo, but I suspect you’re right. Just like your local idiots at Costco buying all the toilet paper in sight, other cities will soon follow. Why...
#metoo, but I suspect you’re right. Just like your local idiots at Costco buying all the toilet paper in sight, other cities will soon follow. Why react when we can overreact?
There have been 99 confirmed cases in Washington . . . In the last 24 hours. Washington is the hardest-hit state ATM. Not really an overreaction to take action there.
3/11/2020 3:22pm
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but this is just the beginning. Everything will be canceled soon if it involves crowds of people. We are weeks away from being on full lock down in all populated areas.

I was one of those who thought this was media hype and a bunch of BS like many of you. But seeing how it's now affecting my business, my clients, and customers it's unraveling right now and it's going to snow ball quickly. It will lat months unless they announce a vaccine ASAP. Who knows what effect it will have on the economy and housing, especially if people can't work to pay their mortgages. Hold on for a wild ride ladies.
GuyB
Fantasy
1315th
3/11/2020 3:22pm
tingo wrote:
#metoo, but I suspect you’re right. Just like your local idiots at Costco buying all the toilet paper in sight, other cities will soon follow. Why...
I'm not sure why people are preparing for an illness like it's an earthquake or natural disaster. Toilet paper? I've yet to see violent bowel movements as a symptom for respiratory disease. Bottled water? I also hadn't heard about a lack of running water being an issue.
dedi684
3/11/2020 3:26pm Edited Date/Time 3/11/2020 3:33pm
tingo wrote:
GuyB wrote:
I'm not sure why people are preparing for an illness like it's an earthquake or natural disaster. Toilet paper? I've yet to see violent bowel movements...
I'm not sure why people are preparing for an illness like it's an earthquake or natural disaster. Toilet paper? I've yet to see violent bowel movements as a symptom for respiratory disease. Bottled water? I also hadn't heard about a lack of running water being an issue.
Here in ny they shut down a city block-ish downstate. I wouldnt want to tangle with the national guard trying to get my kid some tp.
Actually locked down not shut down. Bad wording
Racerman967
3/11/2020 3:28pm
I expect it to be a double header at Vegas. Saturday TC and Sunday standard format. All of the baseball stadiums would be out since the season has started. It will need to be a WC race and Denver is out since it is a E/W shootout.
3/11/2020 3:30pm Edited Date/Time 3/11/2020 3:53pm
GuyB wrote:
If I was going to guess (and this really is a guess, because I don't know of any behind-the-scenes plans), I'd think we might see a...
That will be good enough for me.

Screw the governor...
BMSOBx2
3/11/2020 3:31pm
GuyB wrote:
I'm not sure why people are preparing for an illness like it's an earthquake or natural disaster. Toilet paper? I've yet to see violent bowel movements...
People are stocking up because they don't want to go to the store and risk exposure.
3/11/2020 3:31pm
GuyB wrote:
The man speaks common sense!!!

It's what the media caused by whipping people into a frenzy.... which is more dangerous than anything once it gets out of hand.
KMC440
3/11/2020 3:32pm
Glad no one is getting the flu anymore.
80,000+ people die every year from that shit.
zippytech
3/11/2020 3:32pm
GuyB wrote:
I guess if the people feeding you the water are not at work , guess you won't be getting any.
Premix
3/11/2020 3:33pm
Just wait until they tell everyone to go home from Indy this weekend. Shits going to be crazy.
3/11/2020 3:33pm
tingo wrote:
GuyB wrote:
People are preparing to be isolated inside their homes if we go on full lockdown. I spoke to my friend in Italy this morning and they are under heavy restriction to go anywhere, and they're nearing full lockdown meaning no one can leave their house for 2 weeks. If we were to follow suit, you can imagine the kind of havoc this will cause. People will need to have supplies at home for their families for several weeks.

I don't get the bottled water thing either unless people are thinking the tap water will eventually run out if there's no one working at the water district to treat the water.

They need to come up with a vaccine ASAP to avoid a mass meltdown. It's not so much the fatality rate, but at the rate it's spreading and how many people will need treatment. They will not have enough hospital beds in Italy to care for everyone.

Crazy times for sure.
3/11/2020 3:35pm
KMC440 wrote:
Glad no one is getting the flu anymore.
80,000+ people die every year from that shit.
They're saying this could be 10x as deadly....that's why they are trying to stop it from spreading.
bsharkey
3/11/2020 3:35pm Edited Date/Time 3/11/2020 3:36pm
tingo wrote:
GuyB wrote:
It's so crazy here right now. The only good thing I've seen is light traffic 👍. But the shit at the stores is unreal as well as price gouging. I should have seen this coming . one of my friends owns a company that they sell baking equipment in their prime distributor is in China and they couldn't get parts for their ovens back in late December and he was complaining about it. Here we are 10 weeks later. There factory had been shutdown for 3 weeks already back in December
str8line
3/11/2020 3:40pm Edited Date/Time 3/11/2020 3:42pm
Based on the evolution of the virus in Italy it wouldn't surprise me if this weekends race is the last one. Two weeks ago there was no indication that the whole of Italy would be locked down yet look where they are.

We have a third confirmed case in Utah as of this afternoon and already The University of Utah said that in the morning they'll announce whether they will close campus classes for the reminder of the semester. I guess students are rioting at Ohio State since they announced closure.
3/11/2020 3:45pm
str8line wrote:
Based on the evolution of the virus in Italy it wouldn't surprise me if this weekends race is the last one. Two weeks ago there was...
Based on the evolution of the virus in Italy it wouldn't surprise me if this weekends race is the last one. Two weeks ago there was no indication that the whole of Italy would be locked down yet look where they are.

We have a third confirmed case in Utah as of this afternoon and already The University of Utah said that in the morning they'll announce whether they will close campus classes for the reminder of the semester. I guess students are rioting at Ohio State since they announced closure.
Yeah, Tomac might have just had the Championship ride of his life to take the points lead and win the championship after Daytona...Kenny would be killing himself if this becomes the case.

Post a reply to: Seattle Supercross Cancelled...to be rescheduled

The Latest