Seattle Supercross - Cancelled per the Governor

Chance1216
3/11/2020 3:04pm
logan_140 wrote:
I say this speaking hypothetically (because I don’t think it’s likely) but let’s say e had to be quarantined, or a state we live in had...
I say this speaking hypothetically (because I don’t think it’s likely) but let’s say e had to be quarantined, or a state we live in had to be. How does that work? Would our employers have to pay us? Would bills be suspended? It seems like everything would just have to stop right? Once again I don’t think this happens, but since other are going thru it in different countries I think it’s a valid question to ask.
Fonzarelli wrote:
Ever seen "Mad Max" ?
Or, Lord of the Flies?😂
3/11/2020 3:19pm Edited Date/Time 3/11/2020 3:21pm
Fonzarelli wrote:
Ever seen "Mad Max" ?
logan_140 wrote:
Have not. Gonna watch it tho
Tarz483 wrote:
On this Topic, are any of the other virus or outbreak type movies good?
The most realistic movie is one done by the history channel. What most people don't think about, is when the workers at power plants and water plants are sick, your sh.t don't work any more. https://youtu.be/OtP80Z08lfg
MPJC
Fantasy
592nd
3/11/2020 3:19pm
This is still absolutely ridiculous. Your employers aren’t required to provide with you paid sick leave. It’s expected to have 3 months savings for emergencies. Go...
This is still absolutely ridiculous.

Your employers aren’t required to provide with you paid sick leave.

It’s expected to have 3 months savings for emergencies.

Go apply at a hosptial, they’ll gladly let you work!
Surely you jest. 3 months savings? Most people don't have 3 dollars saved.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/10-americans-struggle-cover-400-emergency-exp…

The Shop

3/11/2020 3:26pm
Brtp4 wrote:
Yours is a reasonable reply. I don't argue on the internet. But your post offers an opportunity to clarify something about how we consume information on...
Yours is a reasonable reply. I don't argue on the internet. But your post offers an opportunity to clarify something about how we consume information on this topic.

We are all trying to find something to compare this to, so we process and understand the threat and severity of the situation. The easiest and most common point of reference is to compare it to other mortality rates or activities. That is what most people are doing. The mortality rate is relevant, but not the important piece of info. The most important comparison or piece of info is the transmission rate, or "R-naught" factor. Basically, the speed that the virus transmits.

That is the number to watch. That is why Italy is in crisis. That is why officials are flipping out.

This landed in the US on Jan 19. Seven weeks in, we are at 1000 cases now. Right now, cases are doubling every 4 - 5 days. Let's say 5. IF that continues, it means that on 3/16 it will be 2000, 3/21 4000, 3/26 8000, 3/31 16,000. By end of April 512,000.

The number of cases, all at once, especially in one area, is the threat.

That is the number to watch. That is why people are being asked to limit contact. To slow that rate down.

That is just math, you can watch that on your own without any politics, over/under-reaction, etc.

EDIT: Actual stats:

3/21 predicted 4000, actual cases 22,738
3/26 predicted 8000, actual cases 85,991
3/31 predicted 16,000, actual cases 177,452

BP

Fonzarelli wrote:
Granted it's a very small sample but what has gone on in The Life Care center Nursing home in Washington is the nightmare scenario officials are...
Granted it's a very small sample but what has gone on in The Life Care center Nursing home in Washington is the nightmare scenario officials are trying to prevent from happening nationwide. This place is ground zero, where the first case was reported. Of the 120 residents, 19 are dead and 31 still alive have been diagnosed with Covid-19. How quickly it spread and how many it killed is pretty crazy and they are still in the thick of it. Sure, if you are 20 it's no big deal but you might go visit grandma and end up wiping out an entire senior citizen facility.
My calculations show 1 million by April 11th. Unless mitigation happens. Remember, everything is 15-20 days out. So, if it's 1 million by April 11th, go back to March 20th ish, and there are already 1 million sick, they just don't know it yet.
3/11/2020 3:29pm
By the way, reason it's such a high R0 is because it's airborne. Not like the flu which is droplets and handshaking etc. This is from farts, breathing etc. Not a fact, just obvious. How else could 300 in a church and 800 on a cruise get it.
newmann
3/11/2020 3:38pm
By the way, reason it's such a high R0 is because it's airborne. Not like the flu which is droplets and handshaking etc. This is from...
By the way, reason it's such a high R0 is because it's airborne. Not like the flu which is droplets and handshaking etc. This is from farts, breathing etc. Not a fact, just obvious. How else could 300 in a church and 800 on a cruise get it.
Holy blast from the past. Where you been? Hope all is well!
3/11/2020 3:42pm Edited Date/Time 3/11/2020 3:44pm
By the way, reason it's such a high R0 is because it's airborne. Not like the flu which is droplets and handshaking etc. This is from...
newmann wrote:
Holy blast from the past. Where you been? Hope all is well!
Hey. Lol. I poke in once in a while. I don't sit at a desk anymore, so don't have as much free time. Plus, the whole industry kind of made me sour on mx. I'm good, hope all is well with you as well. Still talk to the Rock some. Try to keep politics out of our relationship now. Lol.
newmann
3/11/2020 3:43pm
This is still absolutely ridiculous. Your employers aren’t required to provide with you paid sick leave. It’s expected to have 3 months savings for emergencies. Go...
This is still absolutely ridiculous.

Your employers aren’t required to provide with you paid sick leave.

It’s expected to have 3 months savings for emergencies.

Go apply at a hosptial, they’ll gladly let you work!
MPJC wrote:
Surely you jest. 3 months savings? Most people don't have 3 dollars saved.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/10-americans-struggle-cover-400-emergency-exp…
LaughingLaughingLaughing

Reminds me of where I used to work when I announced that starting next month we were going to start doing payroll every two weeks instead of every week so you all have time to prepare. Two employees(40% of the small crew) looked at each other and then at me and at the same time both asked "well, what are we supposed to do for money on the weeks we don't get paid?"
ns503
3/11/2020 3:44pm
Yea but you didn’t pertain it to moto. But...this is ridiculous. Can’t wait for June when this is a distant history and the coronavirus is gone.
You really expect it to be gone in 3 months?
shmacky78
3/11/2020 3:45pm
This is getting out of hand....who wins the Supercross Championship if they cancel the remaining rounds? Does the current point leader win the championship and the...
This is getting out of hand....who wins the Supercross Championship if they cancel the remaining rounds? Does the current point leader win the championship and the rest finish as they are in the standings?

Brent wrote:
There is precedent here. They cancelled the last round of the nationals back in 2003 because of flooding at Mid Ohio, Ryno lost by three points...
There is precedent here.

They cancelled the last round of the nationals back in 2003 because of flooding at Mid Ohio, Ryno lost by three points I think?
your facts are skewed bro ..... try again lol ... you are close though
3/11/2020 3:56pm Edited Date/Time 3/11/2020 3:58pm
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/03/11/409929/s1200_8EF77AD5_34A3_469A_AF6F_B476440A2FD8.jpg[/img]

I'm very interested to see tonights press conference. We may have no school for extended time etc. Times may get really interesting. What I'm more nervous about, is I don't see how no one leaves to go watch football, meetings etc, and the world doesn't go into a depression?
JustMX
3/11/2020 4:00pm
I will be honest, I don't see how simply moving the games out of Seattle is going to help.

Players, staff and Die hard fans from Seattle will go to the games and bring the covid 19 with them, perhaps spreading it to an area that otherwise might not get exposure as quickly.

Of course, in a couple weeks it might not make a difference as it will already be everywhere.

It just seems like an unrealistic alternative.
motogrady
3/11/2020 6:01pm
I tell u guys, the greed never ends.

Ad men would sell a picture of their dead mother to make a buck.

Came home tonight, I’m informed West Virginia is one of the few places still corona free.

I go to look it up, 5 sites, big as an elephant, CHECK CORONA VIRUS LOCATIONS. CORONA HOURLY UPDATED MAP. SEE WHERE CORONA IS RIGHT NOW.

Not a freaking one has a State by State map.
None I saw anyway.

But believe it, shampoo, tires, dresses and fashion ware, cars, insurance, wade thru 200 of them hawking their stuff, face masks, doctors, lawyers, all trying to cash in on the near hysteria.

Maybe I’m wrong, but it just don’t seem right.
motogrady
3/11/2020 7:10pm
Berm wrote:
https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda759…

Wonderful dashboard of the virus. None in West Virginia, impressive.
Why thank u guy, that’s a pretty good one really.
After reading the riot act to my significant other I was
told, all I had to do was go to the CDC website, . com, or something like that.
Thx again berm.
Chance1216
3/11/2020 7:14pm
Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson tested positive for the Corona Virus.
Crossup
3/11/2020 7:23pm
Where did you read that it is transmitted airborne? Everything that I have seen and read says its not. Transmission is person to person within a 1.8 meter radius.
Ted722
3/11/2020 7:28pm
Chance1216 wrote:
Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson tested positive for the Corona Virus.
Run Forrest Run!
3/11/2020 7:41pm Edited Date/Time 3/11/2020 7:50pm
Crossup wrote:
Where did you read that it is transmitted airborne? Everything that I have seen and read says its not. Transmission is person to person within a...
Where did you read that it is transmitted airborne? Everything that I have seen and read says its not. Transmission is person to person within a 1.8 meter radius.
So, there's no consensus on it. It depends on how much we can really believe China. ""Coronavirus can travel twice as far as official ‘safe distance’ and stay in air for 30 minutes, Chinese study finds"
I honestly am going by common sense. When I go to church, I don't touch 300 people. Nor a doorway or handle.
When they are asymptomatic, means they aren't sneezing nor coughing
8tensolutions
3/11/2020 9:08pm Edited Date/Time 3/11/2020 9:09pm
logan_140 wrote:
I say this speaking hypothetically (because I don’t think it’s likely) but let’s say e had to be quarantined, or a state we live in had...
I say this speaking hypothetically (because I don’t think it’s likely) but let’s say e had to be quarantined, or a state we live in had to be. How does that work? Would our employers have to pay us? Would bills be suspended? It seems like everything would just have to stop right? Once again I don’t think this happens, but since other are going thru it in different countries I think it’s a valid question to ask.
Why would your employer have to pay you? If you have vacation accrued or sick time maybe. My employer will pay us catastrophe pay for 2 weeks if we actually get the virus or come directly in contact with someone who does.....but this is to keep us at home if that were to happen so we don't risk infecting others. Our corporate office has everyone working from home, but they are working. Your employer is not responsible for this and I would be very surprised if any were willing to pay you if you couldn't work outside of PTO you have already earned. Bills suspended? Good luck with that too.
Dust601
3/11/2020 9:20pm
The amount of misinformation, and people acting like they know what they’re talking about when they clearly don’t in this thread is insane.

Why do people do that? If you have no clue what you’re talking about what in the world is the point in pretending you do to a bunch of strangers on the internet?
brapgod69
3/11/2020 9:36pm
Dust601 wrote:
The amount of misinformation, and people acting like they know what they’re talking about when they clearly don’t in this thread is insane. Why do people...
The amount of misinformation, and people acting like they know what they’re talking about when they clearly don’t in this thread is insane.

Why do people do that? If you have no clue what you’re talking about what in the world is the point in pretending you do to a bunch of strangers on the internet?
Everyone’s an expert. You new here? 😂
motoxxx599
Fantasy
875th
3/12/2020 12:03am
Californian just banned all gatherings of more than 250 people through the end of March.
Crossup
3/12/2020 2:13am
Crossup wrote:
Where did you read that it is transmitted airborne? Everything that I have seen and read says its not. Transmission is person to person within a...
So, there's no consensus on it. It depends on how much we can really believe China. ""Coronavirus can travel twice as far as official ‘safe distance’...
So, there's no consensus on it. It depends on how much we can really believe China. ""Coronavirus can travel twice as far as official ‘safe distance’ and stay in air for 30 minutes, Chinese study finds"
I honestly am going by common sense. When I go to church, I don't touch 300 people. Nor a doorway or handle.
When they are asymptomatic, means they aren't sneezing nor coughing

Post a reply to: Seattle Supercross - Cancelled per the Governor

The Latest