Seattle Supercross - Cancelled per the Governor

Related:
Create New Tag

3/10/2020 8:32 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/10/2020 8:35 PM

|

3/10/2020 8:35 PM

This is getting out of hand....who wins the Supercross Championship if they cancel the remaining rounds? Does the current point leader win the championship and the rest finish as they are in the standings?

|

3/10/2020 8:39 PM

Black Diesel Bomber wrote:

This is getting out of hand....who wins the Supercross Championship if they cancel the remaining rounds? Does the current point leader win the championship and the rest finish as they are in the standings?

There is precedent here.

They cancelled the last round of the nationals back in 2003 because of flooding at Mid Ohio, Ryno lost by three points I think?

|

3/10/2020 8:42 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/10/2020 8:45 PM

Yep, cancel events but let the homeless shit in the streets.

Doom on! I'm going to go eat a egg roll off of the floor of a Chinese restaurant and just get it over with, like a Chicken Pox party.

|

2015 Beta 500 RS, history: 99 KTM 300, 87 CR250, 84 KLR 600, 82 GPZ 550, 81 KX 250, 80 KX 250, 79 Montesa 414 VE, 78 250 VB, 77 360 VB, 76 360 VA, 75 YZ 125, 74 TM 125, 72 TS 125, 60's West Bend Go Boy Kart

3/10/2020 8:43 PM

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

3/10/2020 8:44 PM

Run another round in AZ, I'll sure as hell be there. Guarantee others would be there too. Nothing else going on in the stadium right now.

|

3/10/2020 8:47 PM

We've got plenty of stadiums available in SoCal this time of year...
(Let the Cali-Hate begin)
grin

|

I ripped a start from Egypt and I was happy about that.

3/10/2020 8:50 PM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Just do what Bahrain is doing for F1.

that would be cool. but i wonder how feld/the stadium would feel about not making any money from spectators. do they refund everyone that bought tickets already? i wonder if the concessions, shirts & other things they sell out of the semis outside the stadium are equal to or over ticket sale numbers.

|

3/10/2020 8:56 PM

baseball is starting up soon, it's doubtful they would have a lot of options to move the race -

...maybe a two night- Vegas final?

|

3/10/2020 8:59 PM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

I think the difference is that F1 makes almost all of their money from TV rights.
I assume Feld would lose money if they don’t collect the ticket revenue.

|

3/10/2020 9:02 PM

So how come the AMA, Feld, or the powers that be, havent made a statement about it yet? It seems pretty cut and dry that it will be canceled according to the link that the OP provided.

Basically, Im just curious when refunds will be available. I havent been a huge fan of this race lately since they moved the date forward to march anyways.

|

3/10/2020 9:03 PM

Interesting to see how this plays out.

Seattle Mariners home opener is March 26.

Seattle SX is March 28.

So, two weeks to go...

|

3/10/2020 9:07 PM

craigathan404 wrote:

So how come the AMA, Feld, or the powers that be, havent made a statement about it yet? It seems pretty cut and dry that it will be canceled according to the link that the OP provided.

Basically, Im just curious when refunds will be available. I havent been a huge fan of this race lately since they moved the date forward to march anyways.

The official announcement happens tomorrow. this was just leaked tonight.

Look for the Seattle Mariners and the XFL to make official announcements then.

Good bet Feld will announce tomorrow also.

|

3/10/2020 9:13 PM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

CM_84 wrote:

I think the difference is that F1 makes almost all of their money from TV rights.

Sure, F1 makes money on the TV deals, but not the venues. The average cost to host an F1 race is around $40 million.

I'm not sure how it's all going to pan out. The Chinese GP has been cancelled. The first race is this weekend in Australia and that's a go.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

3/10/2020 9:18 PM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

CM_84 wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Sure, F1 makes money on the TV deals, but not the venues. The average cost to host an F1 race is around $40 million.

I'm not sure how it's all going to pan out. The Chinese GP has been cancelled. The first race is this weekend in Australia and that's a go.

I have my ticket, just keeping my fingers crossed that it doesn’t get canned, the Aus government just announced a travel ban, banning any non citizens/residents coming from Italy. But all Ferrari, Alpha Tauri and Pirelli staff are here now I believe.

It should be ok to go ahead though, as long as they don’t put in place any bans on mass gatherings.

|

3/10/2020 9:21 PM

Yes. If they cancel and are not going to reschedule the rounds then the rider with the most points at the time wins, just like if they run all the rounds the rider with the most points win. pinch

|

Ed Johnson

3/10/2020 9:27 PM

lostboy819 wrote:

Yes. If they cancel and are not going to reschedule the rounds then the rider with the most points at the time wins, just like if they run all the rounds the rider with the most points win. pinch

That, or they reschedule the finale for a later date like a lot of other events right now. wink

|

3/10/2020 9:28 PM

I like how people are so pissed a “sporting” event might be canceled or postponed when people are dying. Why not err on the side of caution.

|

3/10/2020 9:33 PM

COTA MotoGP moved to November. Right call.

|

3/10/2020 9:40 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/10/2020 9:40 PM

lostboy819 wrote:

That, or they reschedule the finale for a later date like a lot of other events right now. wink

Yes if they reschedule rounds then they all play out but I doubt they would be able to reschedule because of the complexity of all the stadiums but that's not to say they couldn't use a different venue or run a two day event like they use to do in Pontiac stadium or the few other double headers. I actually think that would be a cool deal to run a double header at a later round. cool

|

Ed Johnson

3/10/2020 9:43 PM

Not sure if it was the correct move or not , to cancel the race , but I have a feeling the rest of the country may be singing a different tune in about 3 - 4 weeks. And this whole thing about it being " hyped up " because of politics.......You might wanna ask people in Italy , China and Iran about that? They don't give two shits about our economy.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

3/10/2020 9:46 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/10/2020 9:47 PM

Yeah....because groups of 250 people won't spread the illness like 50K will.... that's government logic for you.

"I'm from the government....and I'm here to help".

Keep spreading the mass hysteria.

How did we become the dumbest nation on the planet....

|

Support those who protect us....our military, law enforcement and 1st responders.

3/10/2020 9:50 PM

Indian_Dunes_4ever wrote:

Yeah....because groups of 250 people won't spread the illness like 50K will.... that's government logic for you.

Good lord, man. Turn on the news. A handful of other countries have already enacted mandatory lockdowns. Far from the best at hysteria if that’s what you think it is

|

3/10/2020 9:53 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/10/2020 9:56 PM

There is an interview in non moto with one smart dude. They did calculations and in next 3-7 month they project around half a million death in USA. 48 million hospitalisations, close to 100 million actual cases. I sure hope he`s wrong.
In Italy two thirds of all death happened in last 3 days. And it`s just starting. No wonder they shutting whole country down.

|

3/10/2020 9:56 PM

Might wanna book mark this thread and check back in , in a few weeks. Everyone can believe whatever they want , but I'm actually not listening to either side of our news here........I'm listening and seeing what's happening abroad , and it aint good.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

3/10/2020 9:58 PM

kongols wrote:

There is an interview in non moto with one smart dude. They did calculations and in next 3-7 month they project around half a million death in USA. 48 million hospitalisations, close to 100 million actual cases. I sure hope he`s wrong.
In Italy two thirds of all death happened in last 3 days. And it`s just starting. No wonder they shutting whole country down.

Exactly this!!! ^^^^^^

|

3/10/2020 10:11 PM

I just made some cash on a bet from last thursday. I said it would be called weds👍

|

3/10/2020 10:12 PM

It does not look like a done deal yet. I'm sure all the big businesses associated with the stadiums and concert venues are going to be getting their input to the Governor in the next few days.

|

“Adhering to 1970’s Standards of Political Correctness”

3/10/2020 10:16 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/10/2020 10:19 PM

Hey Sniffy
I’m also well read and well travelled. So I am capable of having an intelligent discussion about a complex issue.
So come on, if you are so intelligent, and know more than the WHO, CDC etc. show us, enlighten us what you know.
But do it without the sheeple bullshit, do it without the ‘believe what you want, but I know the real truth because I’m practically James Bond’ bullshit

Show us what you got sniffy.

|

3/10/2020 10:18 PM

CM_84 wrote:

Hey Sniffy
I’m also well read and well travelled. So I am capable of having an intelligent discussion about a complex issue.
So come on, if you are so intelligent, and know more than the WHO, CDC etc. show us, enlighten us what you know.
But do it without the sheeple bullshit, do it without the ‘believe what you want, but I know the real truth because I’m practically James Bond’ bullshit

Show us what you got sniffy.

If they even answer with some sort of “proof”, I bet it’s a blog or opinion piece with no actual numerical backing of any kind.

|