Seattle SX mudder

ACBraap
Fantasy
505th
4/3/2018 1:27pm
zehn wrote:
Why do you guys want it in the baseball stadium? Those stadiums have smaller floor spaces which means a tighter track. The bigger the better IMO
A dry track trumps a bigger track, every time.

I still miss the kingdome.
devindavisphoto
Fantasy
3875th
4/3/2018 1:37pm
If it's going to rain, let it pour. I don't want the drizzling on and off rain we usually get. Dirt Wurx does such a good job at getting the water off that if it isn't continuously raining during the night show then the bottom of the jumps are going to get really rutted out while the tops are going to get dry. In short, the track will turn into shit. I'd rather see a good mud race than the dry rutted mess we usually get when the weather is on and off rain.
Johnny Ringo
4/3/2018 1:46pm
Madc32 wrote:
I always wondered why they don't use the Baseball park next door. The Baseball stadium has a retractable roof. I'm not driving 4 hours to sit...
I always wondered why they don't use the Baseball park next door. The Baseball stadium has a retractable roof. I'm not driving 4 hours to sit in the rain and freeze again. Seems to be cold and wet almost every year for the Seattle SX. They should totally move it back in the schedule.
It's not in Safeco because they don't want the grass getting torn up that close to baseball season. They also just spent a few hundred K resurfacing the field. Century Link is turf. Roll it up, roll it out.
zehn
4/3/2018 3:04pm
zehn wrote:
Why do you guys want it in the baseball stadium? Those stadiums have smaller floor spaces which means a tighter track. The bigger the better IMO
ACBraap wrote:
A dry track trumps a bigger track, every time.

I still miss the kingdome.
Agree to disagree

The Shop

APLMAN99
4/3/2018 3:57pm
ACBraap wrote:
That's an excellent question. It should be in the baseball stadium. Then again, I'm constantly amazed that they couldn't get an engineer to design a roof...
That's an excellent question. It should be in the baseball stadium. Then again, I'm constantly amazed that they couldn't get an engineer to design a roof that could go back and forth between the two stadiums.

FWIW, my office looks down into the stadium and at the moment everything looks great. The forecast is not good though.
If you’re looking down onto the field, it should be obvious why they don’t have a single roof covering both stadiums...... (Hint: the baseball stadium was designed/built before there was any concrete plan/funding for the football stadium and the roof slides east-west)

Not to mention the fact that at the time of construction, the entire point of the Seahawk Stadium (the original name) was to have an open air, football in any weather atmosphere. Otherwise they could have just kept the Kingdome.

Completely different interests between the football ownership and the baseball ownership.
APLMAN99
4/3/2018 3:59pm
Madc32 wrote:
I always wondered why they don't use the Baseball park next door. The Baseball stadium has a retractable roof. I'm not driving 4 hours to sit...
I always wondered why they don't use the Baseball park next door. The Baseball stadium has a retractable roof. I'm not driving 4 hours to sit in the rain and freeze again. Seems to be cold and wet almost every year for the Seattle SX. They should totally move it back in the schedule.
It's not in Safeco because they don't want the grass getting torn up that close to baseball season. They also just spent a few hundred K...
It's not in Safeco because they don't want the grass getting torn up that close to baseball season. They also just spent a few hundred K resurfacing the field. Century Link is turf. Roll it up, roll it out.
You don’t “roll up” the turf in Century Link......
Cody24
Fantasy
2695th
4/3/2018 4:22pm
Already got my ponchos loaded up. Typical NW racing at its finest.
level
4/3/2018 4:27pm
I’ve never understood why in Seattle and other notorious bad weather states they have open stadiums and in good weather states they have closed stadiums. Makes no sense. You would think when building the stadium in Seattle they would be like well it rains 90 percent of the time probably should build an enclosed standium.
bsharkey
4/4/2018 9:00am
My guess since they got the track done and covered is they will skip press day, brief short practice.and of course the a class will go out on the track first lol?like normal to get tge best track conditions for timed practice
Stuntman949
4/4/2018 9:15am
Cody24 wrote:
Already got my ponchos loaded up. Typical NW racing at its finest.
I can tell from your avatar you have some experience in this particular field
4/4/2018 9:53am
All I know is it’ll be nice and dry in my living room... and the beer will be much cheaper too LOL
omalley
4/4/2018 11:20am
All I know is it’ll be nice and dry in my living room... and the beer will be much cheaper too LOL
And some idiot won’t spill his on you from two rows up while talking about how he’d smoke those guys on his banshee...lol

Post a reply to: Seattle SX mudder

The Latest