Seattle SX mudder

Edited Date/Time 4/4/2018 11:20am
Well guys being a NW native the rain is borderline year round here and it seems this weekend will follow that trend..

One question that I have, is there any way they can make the race any later in the season? Maybe right before Vegas? Usually we don’t get any decent weather up until May. Just a thought.

Anyways, looking towards a mud race this weekend!

|
4/2/2018 4:20pm
I got to ride washougal on Saturday and it was sweet i say bring on the rain we need a good mudder this season. It was a week later than this years but they bumped it a week ahead this year. Hopefully no mariners game to contend with.
Madc32
4/2/2018 4:21pm
I always wondered why they don't use the Baseball park next door. The Baseball stadium has a retractable roof. I'm not driving 4 hours to sit in the rain and freeze again. Seems to be cold and wet almost every year for the Seattle SX. They should totally move it back in the schedule.
Ramrod
Fantasy
1751st
4/2/2018 4:22pm
I’m sure it’s awesome there with dry weather and an open stadium but SX in that area has to be in a dome. That’s the difference for Feld in the attendance for sure.
4/2/2018 4:26pm
The mariners say no way to use using thier stadium fear it will ruin the grass or some bs like that.

The Shop

4/2/2018 4:29pm
Ramrod wrote:
I’m sure it’s awesome there with dry weather and an open stadium but SX in that area has to be in a dome. That’s the difference...
I’m sure it’s awesome there with dry weather and an open stadium but SX in that area has to be in a dome. That’s the difference for Feld in the attendance for sure.
Oh man, a race inside centurylink field during the summer months would be amazing. I saw Metallica there in August and it was 75 and a nice breeze.

But seriously, I was on the fence about going but the rain is the nail in the coffin now. Not driving 4 hours to pay 50 bucks to park, and freeze my ass off all night when I got a flat screen with a DVR. Oh well, maybe next year.
alanhess332
4/2/2018 4:32pm
Madc32 wrote:
I always wondered why they don't use the Baseball park next door. The Baseball stadium has a retractable roof. I'm not driving 4 hours to sit...
I always wondered why they don't use the Baseball park next door. The Baseball stadium has a retractable roof. I'm not driving 4 hours to sit in the rain and freeze again. Seems to be cold and wet almost every year for the Seattle SX. They should totally move it back in the schedule.
Baseball season just started. It takes too much time to bring dirt into the stadium and remove it. With roughly 152 games in a season, unfortunately that isn't possible.

Plus in my belief, every year baseball stadiums replace their grass for the new season. Putting wood and dirt on perfect grass probably isn't great for it.
zehn
4/2/2018 4:34pm
Can’t wait for the waist deep ruts!
4/2/2018 4:35pm
Ramrod wrote:
I’m sure it’s awesome there with dry weather and an open stadium but SX in that area has to be in a dome. That’s the difference...
Oh man, a race inside centurylink field during the summer months would be amazing. I saw Metallica there in August and it was 75 and a nice breeze.

But seriously, I was on the fence about going but the rain is the nail in the coffin now. Not driving 4 hours to pay 50 bucks to park, and freeze my ass off all night when I got a flat screen with a DVR. Oh well, maybe next year.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
4/2/2018 4:35pm
Well, it is baseball season now...

CenturyLink Field is nice. It'll be awesome when it's finished.
4/2/2018 4:37pm
GuyB wrote:
Well, it is baseball season now...

CenturyLink Field is nice. It'll be awesome when it's finished.
Finished? I thought it was? It hasn’t changed much since I can remember..
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
4/2/2018 4:40pm Edited Date/Time 4/2/2018 4:40pm
Well, you've got a big clamshell on each side, but nothing in the middle...in an area known for rain. Looks incomplete to me... Wink
4/2/2018 4:50pm
GuyB wrote:
Well, you've got a big clamshell on each side, but nothing in the middle...in an area known for rain. Looks incomplete to me... Wink
I always thought that’s how it was supposed to be LOL. This photo is from 2004 so I’d assume they’re leaving it this way Laughing

Indy mxer
4/2/2018 4:53pm
Madc32 wrote:
I always wondered why they don't use the Baseball park next door. The Baseball stadium has a retractable roof. I'm not driving 4 hours to sit...
Baseball season just started. It takes too much time to bring dirt into the stadium and remove it. With roughly 152 games in a season, unfortunately...
Baseball season just started. It takes too much time to bring dirt into the stadium and remove it. With roughly 152 games in a season, unfortunately that isn't possible.

Plus in my belief, every year baseball stadiums replace their grass for the new season. Putting wood and dirt on perfect grass probably isn't great for it.
You're correct, except for one thing. Only half of the 162 games would be in that stadium. lol
TeamGreen
4/2/2018 4:54pm
Bobby Hewitt is calling Andrew Short by now.
devindavisphoto
Fantasy
3875th
4/2/2018 4:57pm
I've been watching the weather like a hawk anticipating something wild thrown into the mix. The racing has been good this year, but a good old fashioned mudder would be fun to throw into the season.
BobKerr
4/2/2018 4:58pm
SX mudder = no watching for me.
zehn
4/2/2018 5:22pm
BobKerr wrote:
Indy mxer wrote:
Agree. One line rutfest
... did you see Seattle SX last year?
JustMX
4/2/2018 5:29pm
Why in the hell would a city with a reputation for almost daily rain build an open stadium?
BigDaddyG
4/2/2018 6:00pm
I’ll be there, hiding out in the pits staying dry. Anyone know if they will be indoor or outdoor pits? I know in the past they’ve gone both ways.
zehn
4/2/2018 6:03pm
BigDaddyG wrote:
I’ll be there, hiding out in the pits staying dry. Anyone know if they will be indoor or outdoor pits? I know in the past they’ve...
I’ll be there, hiding out in the pits staying dry. Anyone know if they will be indoor or outdoor pits? I know in the past they’ve gone both ways.
Sounds like a college girl Woohoo
BigDaddyG
4/2/2018 6:52pm
BigDaddyG wrote:
I’ll be there, hiding out in the pits staying dry. Anyone know if they will be indoor or outdoor pits? I know in the past they’ve...
zehn wrote:
Sounds like a college girl Woohoo
Lol, that’s funny shit! I’ll be there all day, I want to watch all the practice sessions, qualifiers etc... so it will be a horribly long day and I will want to keep as dry as possible Smile Maybe I’ll find me a college girl to chill with, “Supercross and chill, baby” haha
early
Fantasy
2212th
4/2/2018 7:00pm
BobKerr wrote:
Indy mxer wrote:
Agree. One line rutfest
Literally fair-weather fans...
Kruse317
Fantasy
3337th
4/2/2018 7:38pm
BobKerr wrote:
Indy mxer wrote:
Agree. One line rutfest
zehn wrote:
... did you see Seattle SX last year?
Wasn't really a mudder last year, even practice was dry. Just terrible dirt
zehn
4/2/2018 7:49pm
Kruse317 wrote:
Wasn't really a mudder last year, even practice was dry. Just terrible dirt
I thought it was awesome. Soft dirt makes for a man’s track, like Oakland last year
thearc
4/2/2018 7:53pm
Either way i'll be there. Even with lots of injuries, rain, and cold...it's supercross! I love it.

As of now it looks like a toss up if it will rain during the night show.
My prediction is short practice due to rain and a dry night show...fingers crossed.

Post a reply to: Seattle SX mudder

The Latest