Seattle Mudder

brocster
Edited Date/Time 4/7/2018 3:44pm
By the looks of Dean Wilsons Instagram story shit is going to be extra deep.

Dear Feld, With the track already a sink hole and an 80% chance of rain all day tomorrow. Please take down all of the peaked out jumps (ones that you know will be impossible to do) and skulpt a more mud friendly race track. Duck paddling is bad enough to watch but duck paddling 1 mph up and down what once was a triple take off, etc. is hardly SX racing.

Flame on...

Have a nice day!
|
Asimo
4/6/2018 8:46am
Some mudders can still clear the triples. Its been done before. Its easier if its pouring rain.
kb228
4/6/2018 8:58am
They gonna run paddle tires
jeffro503
4/6/2018 9:04am
You know.....they could have gone off the beaten path and created something different since they knew 100% it was going to be a mudder. Throw in some sand , wood chips , take the peaks off some stuff and made a really badass mud track. Seattle has some sandy soil anyways , so that should help. I just hope it isn't a grease pit with plywood showing up every where. Gets pretty dangerous when that stuff starts to show through.

The Shop

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
4/6/2018 9:10am
Team Honda has it figured out. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/04/06/253909/s1200_Missile_Kit_671x382.jpg[/img]
Team Honda has it figured out.

Will have to swap out that engine because you know, 2 strokes are the devil.
Hammer 663s
4/6/2018 9:26am
Gale force wind advisory too. That stadium is going to look like flushing a toilet full of mud.
brocster
4/6/2018 2:04pm
Asimo wrote:
Some mudders can still clear the triples. Its been done before. Its easier if its pouring rain.
I was born at night but I wasn’t born last night...

i.e. i know already what you mentioned BUT the picture he showed shows worse than that already and its only expected to get worse. Hence, my post

Feld please do something. Think outside the box!
Hammer 663s
4/6/2018 2:10pm
I'd have a bunch of jet skis ready just in case. These guys can ride anything. Or swamp buggies.
omalley
4/6/2018 2:14pm
Asimo wrote:
brocster wrote:
I was born at night but I wasn’t born last night... i.e. i know already what you mentioned BUT the picture he showed shows worse than...

i.e. i know already what you mentioned BUT the picture he showed shows worse than that already and its only expected to get worse. Hence, my post

It looks far worse this year, but I can remember a year (‘05?) where the sky opened up during afternoon practice (like “windshield wipers won’t keep up” opened up) and didn’t stop until the night show. CR, JS, and RC were all doing the triples and finish line in ruts and slop footpeg deep. Not my favorite time being there, but unbelievably impressed nonetheless.
Doddy
4/6/2018 3:53pm
jeffro503 wrote:
You know.....they could have gone off the beaten path and created something different since they knew 100% it was going to be a mudder. Throw in...
You know.....they could have gone off the beaten path and created something different since they knew 100% it was going to be a mudder. Throw in some sand , wood chips , take the peaks off some stuff and made a really badass mud track. Seattle has some sandy soil anyways , so that should help. I just hope it isn't a grease pit with plywood showing up every where. Gets pretty dangerous when that stuff starts to show through.
Never thought of Seattle having sandy dirt, but usually or at least they have in the past...mixed in a bunch of lime. Not sure how much that will help either. With the conditions I would expect tomorrow, I think chopping the peaks off is the best idea.
Mikep147
4/6/2018 5:37pm
Asimo wrote:
brocster wrote:
I was born at night but I wasn’t born last night... i.e. i know already what you mentioned BUT the picture he showed shows worse than...

I was at A1 in 2005 and RC and Reed were hitting the triples in the heat race and it was a swamp and they were on smokers. My one and only trip to A1 and it was crap. Still enjoyed it.
JRT812
4/6/2018 5:48pm Edited Date/Time 4/6/2018 5:49pm
I have been craving a mudder for some reason and can’t wait for tomorrow
jeffro503
4/6/2018 6:12pm
jeffro503 wrote:
You know.....they could have gone off the beaten path and created something different since they knew 100% it was going to be a mudder. Throw in...
Doddy wrote:
Never thought of Seattle having sandy dirt, but usually or at least they have in the past...mixed in a bunch of lime. Not sure how much...
Never thought of Seattle having sandy dirt, but usually or at least they have in the past...mixed in a bunch of lime. Not sure how much that will help either. With the conditions I would expect tomorrow, I think chopping the peaks off is the best idea.
Over the years , the dirt in there kind of has some silt mixed in with it. One of the reason's why the Seattle track tears down so much and gets rutted pretty bad , even on the years when the weather was good. It will some what hold up to water and stay thick , compared to some where like Oakland or LA. That dirt aint made to get wet.
NW 253
4/6/2018 6:37pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Doddy wrote:
Never thought of Seattle having sandy dirt, but usually or at least they have in the past...mixed in a bunch of lime. Not sure how much...
jeffro503 wrote:
Over the years , the dirt in there kind of has some silt mixed in with it. One of the reason's why the Seattle track tears...
Over the years , the dirt in there kind of has some silt mixed in with it. One of the reason's why the Seattle track tears down so much and gets rutted pretty bad , even on the years when the weather was good. It will some what hold up to water and stay thick , compared to some where like Oakland or LA. That dirt aint made to get wet.
i still dont understand why they dont get dirt from the old trulson track, Now Burntridge. there is plenty of places in this state to get quality clay.
mx617
4/6/2018 7:07pm
Current view of the stadium

KirkChandler
Fantasy
385th
4/6/2018 7:28pm
Asimo wrote:
brocster wrote:

Mikep147 wrote:
I was at A1 in 2005 and RC and Reed were hitting the triples in the heat race and it was a swamp and they were...
I was at A1 in 2005 and RC and Reed were hitting the triples in the heat race and it was a swamp and they were on smokers. My one and only trip to A1 and it was crap. Still enjoyed it.
It was so badass when they uncorked it, RC did the first base line triple and the crowd went nuts. Stew also did it. That race was one to remember.
NW 253
4/6/2018 7:51pm
If we want to go memory road. Micheal York from Tacoma Wa Spanked Kevin Windam at Ponca city but had career ending injuries. Micheal York was aBaaaaaaaaaaaadddd Dood back before he got hurt.
ky_savage
Fantasy
490th
4/7/2018 9:49am
Mud races are fine for MX, but I hate muddy SX races. IMO SX is like WWE, people come for the show. They want to see the speed and jumps, not riders going around with both legs out as ores. Just my opinion though. But I'm hoping for a large points swing so ET3 can get back into it Woohoo
mxjeff575
4/7/2018 9:53am
Updated day schedule has riders getting ONE 10-minute qualifying practice. That's it. 10 minutes of track time and then the night show.
Hammer 663s
4/7/2018 10:05am
mxjeff575 wrote:
Updated day schedule has riders getting ONE 10-minute qualifying practice. That's it. 10 minutes of track time and then the night show.
Safety be damned - the show must go on!
jeffro503
4/7/2018 10:10am
The weather has been really strange here. For the past 3 days , I have gotten multiple warnings of high winds and massive amounts of rain. So far.....in those past 3 days , it's barely even sprinkled , damn near 70 degree's.....and there hasn't been enough wind to blow a leaf across my drive way. I'm talking completely stagnate.....no wind what so ever , not even a breeze. Might get nasty tonight , but so far , it's been pretty dang nice around here and I'm 2 hours south of Seattle.
visser62
4/7/2018 10:15am
jeffro503 wrote:
The weather has been really strange here. For the past 3 days , I have gotten multiple warnings of high winds and massive amounts of rain...
The weather has been really strange here. For the past 3 days , I have gotten multiple warnings of high winds and massive amounts of rain. So far.....in those past 3 days , it's barely even sprinkled , damn near 70 degree's.....and there hasn't been enough wind to blow a leaf across my drive way. I'm talking completely stagnate.....no wind what so ever , not even a breeze. Might get nasty tonight , but so far , it's been pretty dang nice around here and I'm 2 hours south of Seattle.
It's been raining here all day.
JustMX
4/7/2018 11:21am
The best thing to do if it is raining is to leave it covered and undisturbed as long as possible.

To pull the cover off and go out and start shaping jumps that are packed in would be pretty silly.

And hammer663, I am willing to bet that 10 minutes will be enough if conditions are as bad as what some are predicting. Not sure how letting them tear up more track dog paddling around is somehow safer.
bsharkey
4/7/2018 11:30am
I think the last real mud race we had was in 2007 I believe .Stewart waxed everyone he was jumping all the triples in the mud it pretty much rain all day and all the way up until the heat races started. We've been pretty fortunate since then until this weekend
bsharkey
4/7/2018 11:34am Edited Date/Time 4/7/2018 11:34am
If there's that much water trapped underneath the plastic it's not going any difference. I think it's going to be pretty gnarly. Plessinger is going to be loving it I think he'll put on a clinic unless he gets cleaned out in first corner or something crazy happens. Those rides he put in his last year at Loretta's where unreal
Knobbyjake
4/7/2018 11:43am
Hope it's a total mudfest. Need a change from the same cookie cutter tracks every weekend. KTM should sign up their GNCC team. Aaron Plessinger would kick butt. Cool
.kyle
4/7/2018 12:18pm
Hopefully it'll be an absolute mud bath. While I feel sorry for the bikes and the mechanics, it makes things WAY more interesting to watch!

Post a reply to: Seattle Mudder

The Latest