Seat Location Changes - Houston H1

MXWebmaster
1/16/2021 6:41am Edited Date/Time 1/17/2021 2:47pm
So I ordered my tickets for H1 the day they went on sale. I got some REALLY good seats and was stoked. About 4 days ago, I get an email from Ticketmaster saying that NRG was closing the section and level that I had chosen and automatically assigned me some new seats. They absolutely suck. They are in the very corner of what would be the end-zone during a football game, and very low, so you can't see the other parts of the track (as you could if you were up higher).

Has anyone else had something like this happen? I am wondering if there is any chance in hell of getting them to change our seats once I get to the stadium. I don't even know whom I would contact or where I would go, at the stadium, to ask for something like that.

I assume we are stuck with the craptastic seats, and I am still stoked at being at the opener, but I'm not going to be happy if the only section I can see is the small area right in front of us. Maybe I'm bitching and moaning for nothing, and they will turn out to be decent seats. Will shall see.
|
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
1/16/2021 6:45am
Hammer 663. 2nd post.

https://m.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/Houston-1-Supercross-Links…

Just got an email on Round 2 seating. Still good seats but I was looking forward to a slightly different view between rounds.

Attention fan!

We just learned that the some of the upper sections will now be closed and NRG Stadium needs to move you to a new spot at your upcoming event and they’ve found new seats they hope you'll like just as much!

Monster Energy Supercross

NRG Stadium

Tuesday, January 19, 2021 Doors open at 6PM/ Event 7PM

Account Number: 32-42

New seats:

Section 109, Row T, Seat(s) xxx-xxx

Hammer 663s
1/16/2021 6:50am
So I ordered my tickets for H1 the day they went on sale. I got some REALLY good seats and was stoked. About 4 days ago...
So I ordered my tickets for H1 the day they went on sale. I got some REALLY good seats and was stoked. About 4 days ago, I get an email from Ticketmaster saying that NRG was closing the section and level that I had chosen and automatically assigned me some new seats. They absolutely suck. They are in the very corner of what would be the end-zone during a football game, and very low, so you can't see the other parts of the track (as you could if you were up higher).

Has anyone else had something like this happen? I am wondering if there is any chance in hell of getting them to change our seats once I get to the stadium. I don't even know whom I would contact or where I would go, at the stadium, to ask for something like that.

I assume we are stuck with the craptastic seats, and I am still stoked at being at the opener, but I'm not going to be happy if the only section I can see is the small area right in front of us. Maybe I'm bitching and moaning for nothing, and they will turn out to be decent seats. Will shall see.
I would recommend checking with Ticketmaster first. I was just looking online at tickets available. I don’t see many options thou.
Hammer 663s
1/16/2021 7:34am
So I ordered my tickets for H1 the day they went on sale. I got some REALLY good seats and was stoked. About 4 days ago...

My replacement seats for H2 aren't bad really. I was in 346 A which looked like a very cool spot. The new seats are in 109 T which is about the same as my 103 U seats for today. So, could have been worse, but I really wanted 2 different vantage points. Hey - at least SX is back and I get to see it live!

Hammer 663s
EngIceDave
1/16/2021 8:56am Edited Date/Time 1/16/2021 8:56am
That sucks

Anyone going to any of these races expecting anything close to normal is crazy.

Expect constant changes. Guarantees and plans are etched in jello.

Just saying, caveat emptor

The Shop

Moto520
1/16/2021 8:58am
Just move to the best seats when you get there. Partial capacity should yield a ton of good seats.
APLMAN99
1/16/2021 9:02am
Moto520 wrote:
Just move to the best seats when you get there. Partial capacity should yield a ton of good seats.
You do understand that they aren't just thinking of overall capacity, but spacing and distancing as well, right?

If anyone wants to get SX fan attendance shut down again, your advice is perfect for them.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1568th
1/16/2021 11:18am
Moto520 wrote:
Yep, the College bowl games were the same way and people went to the best seats and I was surprised that most fans even kept their masks on too. We move around constantly at the SX races to check out different views.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1568th
1/16/2021 11:22am
APLMAN99 wrote:
You do understand that they aren't just thinking of overall capacity, but spacing and distancing as well, right? If anyone wants to get SX fan attendance...
You do understand that they aren't just thinking of overall capacity, but spacing and distancing as well, right?

If anyone wants to get SX fan attendance shut down again, your advice is perfect for them.
No shit ! tell us more mr wizard. The one good thing about the pandemic is that most of the whiney bitches all stay home.
Moto520
1/16/2021 11:49am
Moto520 wrote:
APLMAN99 wrote:
You do understand that they aren't just thinking of overall capacity, but spacing and distancing as well, right? If anyone wants to get SX fan attendance...

You can do this while still social distancing. If they put you in the corner and the whole stadium is at partial capacity......there will be open places to go. During the qualifying portion of the day during normal times.....everybody moves around to see different portions of the track. 10k people in a stadium that holds 50k+.......everybody will survive moving around a bit.
APLMAN99
1/16/2021 12:00pm
Moto520 wrote:
APLMAN99 wrote:

Moto520 wrote:
You can do this while still social distancing. If they put you in the corner and the whole stadium is at partial capacity......there will be open...
You can do this while still social distancing. If they put you in the corner and the whole stadium is at partial capacity......there will be open places to go. During the qualifying portion of the day during normal times.....everybody moves around to see different portions of the track. 10k people in a stadium that holds 50k+.......everybody will survive moving around a bit.
Pretty sure that you aren’t understanding the new reality.

It isn’t just the reduced capacity. If you look at things in a set of 2 rows. Row A will have probably 4-6 seats open for seating on each end with the seats in the middle blocked off. Row B will have the ends blocked off for seating, with seats available only in the middle.

Leaving your purchased seats to try to sit in the blocked seats would mean that the venue wouldn’t be compliant on their “distancing” plans, even if they conformed to their overall attendance capacity reduction.

Willfully violating this for your own convenience is the sort of thing that could show health authorities that these events just can’t be held under the current rules and could fuck up being able to attend Supercross events for the rest of the season.

The best thing that the OP can do is to go to the ticket box window early and see if he can trade seats legitimately, not just violate the venue’s plan that is what allowed them to have fans attend in the first place.
DK23
1/16/2021 12:15pm
APLMAN99 wrote:
Pretty sure that you aren’t understanding the new reality. It isn’t just the reduced capacity. If you look at things in a set of 2 rows...

It isn’t just the reduced capacity. If you look at things in a set of 2 rows. Row A will have probably 4-6 seats open for seating on each end with the seats in the middle blocked off. Row B will have the ends blocked off for seating, with seats available only in the middle.

Leaving your purchased seats to try to sit in the blocked seats would mean that the venue wouldn’t be compliant on their “distancing” plans, even if they conformed to their overall attendance capacity reduction.

Willfully violating this for your own convenience is the sort of thing that could show health authorities that these events just can’t be held under the current rules and could fuck up being able to attend Supercross events for the rest of the season.

The best thing that the OP can do is to go to the ticket box window early and see if he can trade seats legitimately, not just violate the venue’s plan that is what allowed them to have fans attend in the first place.
While this is true, you would think that Ticketmaster wouldn't sell tickets for seats that are going to be blocked off in the first place. It's not like these restrictions are new.
Moto520
1/16/2021 12:35pm Edited Date/Time 1/16/2021 12:41pm
APLMAN99 wrote:
Pretty sure that you aren’t understanding the new reality. It isn’t just the reduced capacity. If you look at things in a set of 2 rows...

I understand the new reality. There will be available seats for the OP to use that.....gasp.....aren’t the ones on his ticket.
APLMAN99
1/16/2021 12:36pm
APLMAN99 wrote:

DK23 wrote:
While this is true, you would think that Ticketmaster wouldn't sell tickets for seats that are going to be blocked off in the first place. It's...
While this is true, you would think that Ticketmaster wouldn't sell tickets for seats that are going to be blocked off in the first place. It's not like these restrictions are new.
I absolutely don’t think that Ticketmaster is selling seats that are “blocked off”.

The picture below shows the seating pattern. The solid blue circles seats are still available for purchase, the gray filled circles are already sold, and the open circles are closed off for distancing purposes.

Yes, during “normal times” you can get away with moving to empty seats just about anywhere if you can make it past the ticket screeners, which is what it sounds like 520 and lostboy are suggesting to do to those grey circle seats. That’s the shit that could end up getting live crowds at Supercross eliminated if it occurs early and often in the series.

APLMAN99
1/16/2021 12:38pm
APLMAN99 wrote:

Moto520 wrote:
I understand the new reality. There will be available seats for the OP to use that.....gasp.....aren’t the ones on his ticket.
I’ve been to about 15. But never to one with the reduced attendance and distancing protocols. I doubt that you have either.

Your mistake is confusing our past experiences at Supercross with the reality of the new protocols.
Moto520
1/16/2021 12:50pm
APLMAN99 wrote:

Moto520 wrote:
APLMAN99 wrote:
I’ve been to about 15. But never to one with the reduced attendance and distancing protocols. I doubt that you have either. Your mistake is confusing...
I’ve been to about 15. But never to one with the reduced attendance and distancing protocols. I doubt that you have either.

Your mistake is confusing our past experiences at Supercross with the reality of the new protocols.
At 20% capacity there will be enough space to move around while still socially distancing. Or.....you could also just sit in the seat that you are assigned. I would move around. APLEMAN would observe seat selection protocol and stick to it. Just enjoy the race and report back as to how it works out.
Hammer 663s
1/16/2021 7:28pm
No issue at all changing seats. We ended up in 346 with an awesome view of the whole racetrack. You could pretty much sit anywhere you wanted as long as you were masked and maintained distance from others. Hell of a fun evening! We are looking forward to Tuesday night.

Hammer 663s
Graybeard
Fantasy
2478th
1/17/2021 4:48am
As Hammer said, you could move around a lot. Biggest frustration was not being able to get into the “fan fest” pits or qualifying without the fan fest ticket add-on. They were all sold out early on and left hundreds of folks tailgating until 3:30 when they opened the gates
EngIceDave
1/17/2021 5:19am
APLMAN99 wrote:
I’ve been to about 15. But never to one with the reduced attendance and distancing protocols. I doubt that you have either. Your mistake is confusing...

I know y'all will downvote me on this, I'd downvote me if it'd let me, but he's right.

If it's one guy, no one will notice, but it starts with one and then everyone is shifting and moving and then it's all out of whack.

Then you're going to have some Karen who works for the city/county/fire/police/CDC/whatever lose their shit over the fucked up seating and lack of proper controls.

You don't have to like it, but you know he's right.

They won't stop racing, but they will stop spectators if it gets out of hand
1/17/2021 5:37am
In the section I was sitting in, they had the blocked off seats zip tied up. So people wouldn’t sit in that area.
APLMAN99
1/17/2021 1:21pm
No issue at all changing seats. We ended up in 346 with an awesome view of the whole racetrack. You could pretty much sit anywhere you...
No issue at all changing seats. We ended up in 346 with an awesome view of the whole racetrack. You could pretty much sit anywhere you wanted as long as you were masked and maintained distance from others. Hell of a fun evening! We are looking forward to Tuesday night.

Hammer 663s
If that means moving to planned seating that just didn’t sell, then that’s awesome. Surprised that there would be that many unsold seats with only having such a small number of attendees allowed.

If it means moving to seats that were used as distancing buffers and weren’t intended for seating, see Dave’s explanation above.

life_of_jaze
1/17/2021 1:27pm
EngIceDave wrote:
That sucks Anyone going to any of these races expecting anything close to normal is crazy. Expect constant changes. Guarantees and plans are etched in jello...
That sucks

Anyone going to any of these races expecting anything close to normal is crazy.

Expect constant changes. Guarantees and plans are etched in jello.

Just saying, caveat emptor

Why I’ve been to NFL and College games the past two months and I get exactly what seats I purchased.
Hammer 663s
1/17/2021 2:04pm
No issue at all changing seats. We ended up in 346 with an awesome view of the whole racetrack. You could pretty much sit anywhere you...

Hammer 663s
APLMAN99 wrote:
If that means moving to planned seating that just didn’t sell, then that’s awesome. Surprised that there would be that many unsold seats with only having...
If that means moving to planned seating that just didn’t sell, then that’s awesome. Surprised that there would be that many unsold seats with only having such a small number of attendees allowed.

If it means moving to seats that were used as distancing buffers and weren’t intended for seating, see Dave’s explanation above.

Seats that were “off limits” were banded closed with steel packing strips. There were plenty of sections that had open seats available. Closest people to us after we moved were 3 rows down. No one at all to either side or for many rows above us. Simply not an issue.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1568th
1/17/2021 2:47pm
APLMAN99 wrote:

EngIceDave wrote:
I know y'all will downvote me on this, I'd downvote me if it'd let me, but he's right. If it's one guy, no one will notice...
I know y'all will downvote me on this, I'd downvote me if it'd let me, but he's right.

If it's one guy, no one will notice, but it starts with one and then everyone is shifting and moving and then it's all out of whack.

Then you're going to have some Karen who works for the city/county/fire/police/CDC/whatever lose their shit over the fucked up seating and lack of proper controls.

You don't have to like it, but you know he's right.

They won't stop racing, but they will stop spectators if it gets out of hand
I seriously doubt that the few people who purchased seats and then had ticket master change their seats would even make a difference I am sure the vast majority of people who picked and then bought their seats sat in those seats so no big deal,some of you clowns just like to bitch about something.
dylanmx45
1/17/2021 2:47pm
Is anyone here looking to split tickets for H3? I want to go next Saturday evening, but it’s only 2 of us and I’d rather not buy 4 tickets and waste 2.
VOODOO27
1/17/2021 2:56pm
Moto520 wrote:
APLMAN99 wrote:

Moto520 wrote:
At 20% capacity there will be enough space to move around while still socially distancing. Or.....you could also just sit in the seat that you are...
At 20% capacity there will be enough space to move around while still socially distancing. Or.....you could also just sit in the seat that you are assigned. I would move around. APLEMAN would observe seat selection protocol and stick to it. Just enjoy the race and report back as to how it works out.
I thought about moving around at H1 and saw that the rows with 'blocked' seats were banded with 1/2" wide metal bands that you'd see used for freight shipping. You'd have to cut the band to get the seats to fold down. I'm sure that's a requirement to avoid the seat swapping. Ii Imagine no promoter wants to get popped for allowing their events to breach the social distancing protocol... and I wouldn't be surprised if state workers are required to go these events to cite them for violations, if the guidelines aren't being met. There are enough people out there who don't really believe people should be allowed to have fun, in the middle of a 'pandemic'.

I bet H2 will have half the crowd that H1 had, and H1 looked sparse.

Post a reply to: Seat Location Changes - Houston H1

The Latest