Seat Bounce

SSR3021232
Edited Date/Time 3/3/2021 11:29am
I'm an old school rider that is brushing up on my seat bounce technique. I've been off the bike for a while and I've been following this video http://anthargo.com/6721 for Mx Factory. I noticed the rider comes down level when he lands. I always came down like a Ronnie Mac air wheelie. What usually causes this air wheelie effect when seat bouncing?
|
peltier626
3/1/2021 5:16am
SSR3021232 wrote:
I'm an old school rider that is brushing up on my seat bounce technique. I've been off the bike for a while and I've been following...
I'm an old school rider that is brushing up on my seat bounce technique. I've been off the bike for a while and I've been following this video http://anthargo.com/6721 for Mx Factory. I noticed the rider comes down level when he lands. I always came down like a Ronnie Mac air wheelie. What usually causes this air wheelie effect when seat bouncing?
Rapid incremental weight shift immediately after leaving face. Body ergonomics adjustment.
Phil109
3/1/2021 5:55am
The further back on the seat you sit will put you at more of a nose dive. If you scoot up towards the bars more and center your weight it will bounce you more level.

The Shop

gt80rider
3/1/2021 6:44am
Haven't had a good seat bounce thread in a while, 5 pager
bvm111
3/1/2021 7:06am
oh no... did you say seat bounce.....

soggy
Fantasy
3846th
3/1/2021 7:15am
SSR3021232 wrote:
I'm an old school rider that is brushing up on my seat bounce technique. I've been off the bike for a while and I've been following...
Your jumping technique is off, most likely your hips and upper body are in the wrong position(too far back) Start in a neutral position have most of your weight on the seat(not in the pegs), steady throttle off the lip(no blipping) extend legs in the air.
Mr. Ted
Fantasy
1623rd
3/1/2021 7:19am
Seat bounced in to see what's going on...
Falcon
Fantasy
798th
3/1/2021 1:25pm
SEAT.... [img]https://i.imgur.com/uJfwO.gif[/img] ...BOUNCE
SEAT....

...BOUNCE
AH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
TT Special
3/1/2021 1:35pm
how about it comes naturally,either you got it or you don't
FWYT
3/1/2021 2:12pm
Paging Teefus.... Teefus please phone down.

(RIP Teefus)
OG725
3/1/2021 3:21pm
Broon to the White Courtesy Phone, Steve Broon.
RudyRayMo
3/1/2021 4:23pm Edited Date/Time 3/1/2021 4:23pm
Phil109 wrote:
The further back on the seat you sit will put you at more of a nose dive. If you scoot up towards the bars more and...
The further back on the seat you sit will put you at more of a nose dive. If you scoot up towards the bars more and center your weight it will bounce you more level.
Now way bro, no matter where u are on the seat, as long as you keep the gas on until u see the ground pass your foot pegs you’re good. I used to chop the throttle early as if I was standing and it always ended in a Endo/panic rev SITuation.
Lightning78
3/1/2021 6:15pm
TT Special wrote:
how about it comes naturally,either you got it or you don't
Trying to explain the exact physics and how this works and the Brazilian different possibilities combinations and trajectory you will find yourself in makes it nearly inexplicable however it can be explained in theory but unless you know what you're doing and it's a natural feeling being in tune with the bike you're going to get surprised if you don't have the technique down I somehow have in my opinion mastered it through years of riding dirt bikes and using it on all different kinds of trained obstacles not just jumps but there are many different ways you can learn how to deal with the bike from a seat bounce yes it's true sitting all the way back will get you into a nosedive trajectory however if you know what you're doing the breakfast while application Instant Power response and the way you grip the bike as it takes off with your legs naturally standing up with the bike lifting you up will change your trajectory from a lawn dart to something more effective safe and smooth there is so much more to explain with this but unless you know what you're doing it's more of a natural feel that you just have or like the post I quoted you either have it or you don't that's my take
Forty
3/1/2021 6:35pm
The seat bounce. It’s a beautiful thing.
TeamGreen
3/1/2021 7:49pm
SEAT.... [img]https://i.imgur.com/uJfwO.gif[/img] ...BOUNCE
SEAT....

...BOUNCE
That dog's read 'Catcher in the Rye' too many times. Grinning
brettmx
3/2/2021 7:49pm
SSR3021232 wrote:
peltier626 wrote:
Rapid incremental weight shift immediately after leaving face. Body ergonomics adjustment.
There is fine line between nosing straight over and landing it right. It's easy to drive the rear of the bike right over the front.
Falcon
Fantasy
798th
3/3/2021 8:49am
OK, at the risk of kicking off another seat bounce thread, I'll bite: you are likely going front wheel high because you are not timing the "bounce" part correctly. You have to let the suspension throw your body weight upward so you carry the bike with you. The trick is to smash the bike down and spring up just as you are leaving the ground. You don't just sit down on the seat and let the shock do whatever; it's not truly doing all the work. You need to time your bike and body together to maximize the effect. It's kind of like an assisted bunnyhop.

Start small and use a tabletop jump. Sit down at the face of the jump and then let the seat throw you "off" the bike as you leave the ground. With enough practice, you'll get it.
mxryan25
3/3/2021 9:11am
Inexperienced Riders seem to have this misconception that seat bouncing will throw you into a mega endo unless being compensated by yanking back on the bars ... then you seem them riding a signature Ronnie Mac air wheelie Laughing if the bike is working decent, and body position/throttle deliver are proper there is no need for any input front or back on the handlebars. Now if it’s really a big stretch you’ll see guys pull back and up on the bars to get the absolute most out but typically that’s not needed and something you’ll learn once figuring out a regular seat bounce
Preston412
3/3/2021 9:31am
Seat bounce is a joke, if you need to consider that then crank up the shock rebound to full send and hank the front end. Enjoy the free lesson and practice makes perfect.
STLSharky
3/3/2021 9:32am
KMC440 wrote:
😇 Teefus 1111😔
Wheres Steve when you need him R.I.P
3/3/2021 9:40am
mxryan25 wrote:
Inexperienced Riders seem to have this misconception that seat bouncing will throw you into a mega endo unless being compensated by yanking back on the bars...
Inexperienced Riders seem to have this misconception that seat bouncing will throw you into a mega endo unless being compensated by yanking back on the bars ... then you seem them riding a signature Ronnie Mac air wheelie Laughing if the bike is working decent, and body position/throttle deliver are proper there is no need for any input front or back on the handlebars. Now if it’s really a big stretch you’ll see guys pull back and up on the bars to get the absolute most out but typically that’s not needed and something you’ll learn once figuring out a regular seat bounce
This
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4231st
3/3/2021 9:48am
There a lot wrong with many explanations of how seat bouncing works, and Bruhn was correct back then. You can see that the suspension unloading is not what lifts the bike (in fact, the rear drops), but rather affects the physics of launch trajectory. Eli 2015 Hangtown . . . now off to the races with seat bounce again Laughing Then we can move to the plane taking off from a conveyer belt, lol.

EngIceDave
3/3/2021 10:37am
There a lot wrong with many explanations of how seat bouncing works, and Bruhn was correct back then. You can see that the suspension unloading is...
There a lot wrong with many explanations of how seat bouncing works, and Bruhn was correct back then. You can see that the suspension unloading is not what lifts the bike (in fact, the rear drops), but rather affects the physics of launch trajectory. Eli 2015 Hangtown . . . now off to the races with seat bounce again Laughing Then we can move to the plane taking off from a conveyer belt, lol.

Thank you, FTE
Yes, it's an angle thing, not a bounce/rebound thing

You just have to work on that timing thing between the seat and suspension squash and the throttle.

Most everyone over compensates at first, start small and you'll get it
RCMXracing
3/3/2021 10:54am Edited Date/Time 3/3/2021 10:57am
Seat bounce thread 🤤 not gonna miss a chance to “weigh” in to this “seat” bounce discussion. History must have a record of my 2 cents. 🤡

I never think of it as bouncing or slamming down into the seat b4 take off. Look at it as a standing take off or a sitting take off. Sitting is more for traction IMHO, and when sitting your weight is more towards back of bike, more compression, changes angle, a higher trajectory. For OP get off seat sooner as others have said to prevent an endo.

As an aside if you’ve ever listened to DV he despises the sitting on jumps, always ragging on pro’s, wanna go faster get off the seat on jump faces. Less air time.

Post a reply to: Seat Bounce

The Latest