Searle’s bike

T-Fish
Fantasy
173rd
I haven’t browsed the forum much since I got back from Michigan, but has the topic of his bike come up yet? If so, what exactly is the scoop? I heard something about a rental production bike being used after the factory bike expired.
|
10/8/2018 10:29pm
Dunno but this is what he said about a week before the race.

''I am flying out Tuesday. We are going to pick a bike up out there. I will ride Wednesday. We have not shipped our bikes, so we are going to get a bike, take our engine and suspension and then we will put it all on the bike to test Wednesday or Thursday out there then we will go into the race weekend.''
ML512
Fantasy
45th
10/8/2018 10:31pm
The team rented a bike, bringing suspension, engine and some other goodies with them on the plane...their engine expired so they put the rental bike’s stock engine back in for moto two.
Braz
Fantasy
1033rd
10/9/2018 1:50am
I hope he signed for the “rental insurance” ?
10/9/2018 9:50am
T-Fish wrote:
I haven’t browsed the forum much since I got back from Michigan, but has the topic of his bike come up yet? If so, what exactly...
I haven’t browsed the forum much since I got back from Michigan, but has the topic of his bike come up yet? If so, what exactly is the scoop? I heard something about a rental production bike being used after the factory bike expired.
To what extent is a DRT bike a factory bike to begin with? Do they even ride what DeSalle/Lieber ride?

The Shop

Beeby
10/9/2018 10:02am
ML512 wrote:
The team rented a bike, bringing suspension, engine and some other goodies with them on the plane...their engine expired so they put the rental bike’s stock...
The team rented a bike, bringing suspension, engine and some other goodies with them on the plane...their engine expired so they put the rental bike’s stock engine back in for moto two.
I cannot decide if its bad that the Kawi's appeared to be going bang more than others or if its good that you can clearly run pretty well with a stock engine in that field of riders on factory equipment.
Bruce372
10/9/2018 10:17am
T-Fish wrote:
I haven’t browsed the forum much since I got back from Michigan, but has the topic of his bike come up yet? If so, what exactly...
To what extent is a DRT bike a factory bike to begin with? Do they even ride what DeSalle/Lieber ride?
They were running these highly modified engines done by cosworth. Very high rpms, 3 speeds and super unreliable for years
10/9/2018 10:22am
Bruce372 wrote:
They were running these highly modified engines done by cosworth. Very high rpms, 3 speeds and super unreliable for years
Yeah, I surmised that they had custom engines, because they brought one over and bolted it in. My guess is that DRT sources from third parties (in this case Cosworth), and their bike isn't best described as a true "factory bike." (That said, the Monster Energy factory team probably uses third parties with factory funding, so I don't know.)
alex69
10/9/2018 12:31pm
Bruce372 wrote:
Yeah, I surmised that they had custom engines, because they brought one over and bolted it in. My guess is that DRT sources from third parties...
Yeah, I surmised that they had custom engines, because they brought one over and bolted it in. My guess is that DRT sources from third parties (in this case Cosworth), and their bike isn't best described as a true "factory bike." (That said, the Monster Energy factory team probably uses third parties with factory funding, so I don't know.)
Nope the engines from Luppino and Searle are prepared in the Netherlands.
10/9/2018 2:39pm Edited Date/Time 10/9/2018 2:40pm
His bikes are not Factory at all. Its a private team.

His race engine never made it to race day and he used two production engines in a rental chassis with his own A Kit suspension in the bike.

Post a reply to: Searle’s bike

The Latest