Searle & Anstie back to Europe

G Force
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 12:18am
|
prozach
8/5/2010 12:23pm Edited Date/Time 8/5/2010 12:24pm
Wow I am kind of surprised they gave up on their dreams so quickly. We will miss them for sure. Max was always great in interviews. It is to bad more American teams weren't interested. But there is a lot of competition in that 8-15th place range.
peelout719
8/5/2010 12:25pm
i like searle, too bad he is already heading back. hopefully it turns out to be a good career move for him.

he and anstie are rockets
swaz
8/5/2010 12:27pm
Heading home so they can be competitive! No surprise there!
prick

The Shop

BLAHBLAH
8/5/2010 12:28pm
I think Searle just had a bit of bad luck while he was here. He showed he is a top 5 guy outdoors when healthy... To bad top 5 doesn't get you a ride in the premeir class.

As for Anstie the kids fast indoor and out. I think it will do him good to go Europe and get some expierence. I think it might have been a bad move for him to move up so quickly. I could be wrong but wasn't he on minibikes like 2-3 years ago?
Hanaa80
8/5/2010 12:30pm
I say it's a good move. Both have constantly had injuries and their chances getting a good ride in the USA next year must've been pretty slim. And they still have time to go back later, especially Anstie.

Did I understand correctly that Searle will ride the SX season for PC?

kongols
8/5/2010 12:31pm
DC have a job on his hands. It`s not a good sign for AMA.
swizcore
8/5/2010 12:42pm
kongols wrote:
DC have a job on his hands. It`s not a good sign for AMA.
Because two Euros struggling with consistency are leaving? I don't see the challenge for DC.
mccread
8/5/2010 12:45pm Edited Date/Time 8/5/2010 12:50pm
Searle is still riding West Supercross for Mitch in the USA and MX2 GPs for his GP team - he gets the best of both worlds.

I wonder if Anstie thinks he should have stayed in Europe instead of racing in the US as an Amateur Herlings and Roczen have leaped ahead of him outdoors since he went to the USA with alot more success and still younger. Although he has supercross down wheras Herlings and Roczen still have to learn it.

Maybe racing the GPs for a year will bring his level up to where is should be outdoors, he seems to have the speed but lacks consistency.
swaz
8/5/2010 12:46pm
Heading home so they can be competitive! No surprise there!
swaz wrote:
prick
Truth hurts?
no but pricks like you id like to hurt, so finishing 2nd in the first round and moto isnt competitive? thats been tommys only fully fit moto! you tool! its pricks like you what makes everyone hate the americans.i pitty your sad little existance.
mccread
8/5/2010 12:51pm
BLAHBLAH wrote:
I think Searle just had a bit of bad luck while he was here. He showed he is a top 5 guy outdoors when healthy... To...
I think Searle just had a bit of bad luck while he was here. He showed he is a top 5 guy outdoors when healthy... To bad top 5 doesn't get you a ride in the premeir class.

As for Anstie the kids fast indoor and out. I think it will do him good to go Europe and get some expierence. I think it might have been a bad move for him to move up so quickly. I could be wrong but wasn't he on minibikes like 2-3 years ago?
agree with you on both counts. You just have to look at how Pourcel and Tyla are doing to see Tommy's level.
8/5/2010 12:52pm
swaz wrote:
no but pricks like you id like to hurt, so finishing 2nd in the first round and moto isnt competitive? thats been tommys only fully fit...
no but pricks like you id like to hurt, so finishing 2nd in the first round and moto isnt competitive? thats been tommys only fully fit moto! you tool! its pricks like you what makes everyone hate the americans.i pitty your sad little existance.
My existence is far from sad! i don't see how speaking the truth makes me a prick but ok!

Anytime you want to come hurt me come on over the pond and have a go!

I hate Americans too so you have a good point there.

His 2nd place finish was a fluke! Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn once in a while!
swaz
8/5/2010 12:55pm
swaz wrote:
no but pricks like you id like to hurt, so finishing 2nd in the first round and moto isnt competitive? thats been tommys only fully fit...
My existence is far from sad! i don't see how speaking the truth makes me a prick but ok! Anytime you want to come hurt me...
My existence is far from sad! i don't see how speaking the truth makes me a prick but ok!

His 2nd place finish was a fluke! Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn once in a while!
a fluke! what and i suppose the 3 podiums in a row were a fluke!
NoGo
8/5/2010 12:57pm
swaz wrote:
My existence is far from sad! i don't see how speaking the truth makes me a prick but ok! Anytime you want to come hurt me...

So if his 2nd is a fluke, does that mean Tomacs 1st was a fluke too?
jaeckle
8/5/2010 12:57pm Edited Date/Time 8/5/2010 12:58pm
It was a pleasure to watch them both race in the US. Luck plays such a big part in this sport. They trully added to the excitment of our sport and will be missed. Best of luck to both of them. Because of thier involvement here I will follow thier careers in the GP's.
They were both a class act and good for the sport. I am sure they learned a lot and will be better off for the experience.
8/5/2010 12:59pm
NoGo wrote:
So if his 2nd is a fluke, does that mean Tomacs 1st was a fluke too?
in short YES!
8/5/2010 1:01pm
swaz wrote:

swaz wrote:
a fluke! what and i suppose the 3 podiums in a row were a fluke!
10 years from now who remembers podiums? There is only 1 winner that is why winning is such a big deal!
NV825
Fantasy
2730th
8/5/2010 1:04pm
I'll definitely be cheering for them to do well back near home, especially Max. Kid is extremely talented and well spoken.
DrSweden
8/5/2010 1:05pm

Despite you obviously have the abillity to speak and write english, I don't think you know the meaning of the word "truth".

It's more your view?
jaeckle
8/5/2010 1:14pm
Yet another thread gone to hell. Fucken sad. Can't you guys pm, exchange emails, phone numbers, etc and keep this shit off the board?
swaz
8/5/2010 1:17pm
jaeckle wrote:
It was a pleasure to watch them both race in the US. Luck plays such a big part in this sport. They trully added to the...
It was a pleasure to watch them both race in the US. Luck plays such a big part in this sport. They trully added to the excitment of our sport and will be missed. Best of luck to both of them. Because of thier involvement here I will follow thier careers in the GP's.
They were both a class act and good for the sport. I am sure they learned a lot and will be better off for the experience.
well said my friend! i hope one day they could have another crack it the whip, especially max, the kids a real talent and he knoes how to ride supercross.
ayearinmx
8/5/2010 1:18pm
good to see GuyB's post about 'adding to the board' really sunk in well Unsure

it's a shame that they aren't heading back with stronger CV's, but i certainly don't think either rider's time spent in america was a failure.... i'm glad i got to cheer both of them on for a season in 2009, and i'm glad i'll be able to see them more often in 2011

i'm sure they'll both want to return later and finish off what they started
8/5/2010 1:20pm
DrSweden wrote:
Despite you obviously have the abillity to speak and write english, I don't think you know the meaning of the word "truth".

It's more your view?
Well i know the exact definition how people chose to use the word and in what context is more a "view".

Maybe we should call it a fact! They are hopping back across the pond because they could not get good rides here.
BAD10
8/5/2010 1:22pm
Surprised to see Max go. I really like the kid, and he was fast as hell in SX. Thought for sure he would get another shot based on that................
mccread
8/5/2010 1:25pm
He might be still riding supercross for Mitch? the same as searle? But yes he was fast in Supercross
swaz
8/5/2010 1:27pm
so riding for pro circuit isnt a good ride for tommy in sx? tommys getting the best of both worlds. sx is why he came to america in the first place. they will be back and better for the experience gained. I think you'll find theres going to be a lot more so called euro's doing the ama sx and then back to the gp's in future.
ayearinmx
8/5/2010 1:28pm
Well i know the exact definition how people chose to use the word and in what context is more a "view". Maybe we should call it...
Well i know the exact definition how people chose to use the word and in what context is more a "view".

Maybe we should call it a fact! They are hopping back across the pond because they could not get good rides here.
that's no more a fact than me saying..... they are going back home because they are homesick, and both got decent offers

both are viable opinions but neither of us is actually stating a fact.... you just have an agenda, which is cool, i get it, you need to make disparaging remarks about foreign riders and the series... no biggie
DrSweden
8/5/2010 1:31pm
Well i know the exact definition how people chose to use the word and in what context is more a "view". Maybe we should call it...

Sounds like they got a better deal in Europe, which is probably the case (but not a fact because maybe it was family related?)

But you said it was because "Heading home so they can be competitive! No surprise there!" and you claim that was the truth.

Better deal is not the same as being more competitive and again, I don't think anyone will seriously think you have the truth. Have you spoke to these guys or to anyone close to them. One needs to be humble that you might know more than how it looks here.

Post a reply to: Searle & Anstie back to Europe

The Latest