Sean Cantrell...What gives?

Related:
Create New Tag

1/20/2019 4:52 AM

Don’t know much about this dude, but thought being in his second season he would be running closer to the top 5. He had some good results at the end of last years SX but pretty much been non-existance this season.

A lot of pressure being young under a factory tent getting beat by guys that you’re “suppose” to be smoking.

|

1/20/2019 6:16 AM

That racetrack supercross guy castelo i noticed is still sucking ass.

|

1/20/2019 6:21 AM

What about Marchbanks

|

1/20/2019 6:59 AM

My thing is why did JGR invest money into Enzo Lopes? Sorry not sorry. I just don’t know what they see in that guy. I feel there are other guys who can put in better results that deserve his ride.

|

2011 Yamaha YZ 250 -MX
1996 Yamaha Banshee 350 -Trails
1982 Chevy S10
2005 Pontiac GTO -451rwhp

1/20/2019 7:49 AM

This is Cantrell's second year at TLD on a two year deal, he’ll be somewhere else next year.

As for Lopes, the team likes his work ethic. I know J-Bone has said something along the lines of he rides as much as most of his guys put together. Also, this is slightly assumption based off comments I heard but outside of A-Mart I don’t think the pay is very high at JGR, it’s kind of an opportunity per se for him.

Cantrell and Marchbanks are both riders with pro guarantees from the amateur ranks.

|

1/20/2019 7:55 AM

drt410 wrote:

Nah, He’s actually doing better as he has been making main’s unlike most of last year. Still questioned his set up though for someone with such poor results last year. His team (pit presence) looks legit.

|

1/20/2019 7:59 AM

drt410 wrote:

brocster wrote:

Nah, He’s actually doing better as he has been making main’s unlike most of last year. Still questioned his set up though for ...more

The Barx Suzuki team is Suzuki’s elite amateur squad and they decided to race West coast as well this year, especially since they have to take their rig to quite a few rounds for Supercross futures.

Twisted Develooment does their engines and Jamie Ellis that owns Twisted was the manager for RaceTrack Supercross...also the Barx race shop is literally next door to Twisted Development.

|

1/20/2019 8:09 AM

eric513anderson wrote:

My thing is why did JGR invest money into Enzo Lopes? Sorry not sorry. I just don’t know what they see in that guy. I feel ...more

How do you know they invested anything? A virtually unknown foreign rider on a factory team smells like a buy-a-ride to me.

|

1/20/2019 8:12 AM

eric513anderson wrote:

My thing is why did JGR invest money into Enzo Lopes? Sorry not sorry. I just don’t know what they see in that guy. I feel ...more

quadzrulebro wrote:

How do you know they invested anything? A virtually unknown foreign rider on a factory team smells like a buy-a-ride to me.

I wouldn’t think he would be riding for free but anything is possible

|

2011 Yamaha YZ 250 -MX
1996 Yamaha Banshee 350 -Trails
1982 Chevy S10
2005 Pontiac GTO -451rwhp

1/20/2019 8:21 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/20/2019 8:28 AM

eric513anderson wrote:

quadzrulebro wrote:

eric513anderson wrote:

I wouldn’t think he would be riding for free but anything is possible

He’s done nothing as a pro or an amateur to collect a paycheck from what I remember. He wasn’t even in the top 10 his last year at Lorettas. I’d be shocked if he doesn’t have a sponsor paying for his seat.

|

1/20/2019 8:29 AM

EnvyMedia wrote:

What about Marchbanks

Yup, Marchbanks in the shit here. He will need to turn things are as Mitch provides excellent bikes and support. He gotta make good use of it to avoid the exit door next year.

|

Non Gratum Anus Rodentum

1/20/2019 8:56 AM

EnvyMedia wrote:

What about Marchbanks

Boomslang wrote:

Yup, Marchbanks in the shit here. He will need to turn things are as Mitch provides excellent bikes and support. He gotta make ...more

Marchbanks was very fast in the nationals last year, and he has been injured i dont know if i would be so quick to write him off.

|

1/20/2019 8:58 AM

eric513anderson wrote:

quadzrulebro wrote:

Lopes isn’t paying for his ride.

|

1/20/2019 9:05 AM

And Carson Brown is a trainwreck out there. But yeah, Cantrell is just brutal with what he has to work with. Marchbanks will be fine.

|

1/20/2019 10:21 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/20/2019 10:22 AM

Supercross is a different animal. It takes some guys longer to adjust. After 2011 and 2012, did you ever see Jason Anderson winning a 450 Supercross championship? Some guys got it right off the bat and some others it just takes time. I will say that the depth is lacking as far as elite riders that are rookies or 2nd year guys. I don’t pay attention to it as much, but how were guys like Cantrell, Marchbanks, Mosiman and Lopes in the amateur scene?

|

1/20/2019 12:06 PM

I remember this guy named Zach Osborne, he came in with all this hype and nothing, I think he had to move to Indonesia or someplace because he sucked. I wonder if he ever became the Indonesian champion?

|

1/20/2019 12:22 PM

Tarz483 wrote:

Marchbanks was very fast in the nationals last year, and he has been injured i dont know if i would be so quick to write him ...more

Thanks for the reminder. There is a good reason Mitch signed him but his results are just not where it should be. Possible lingering injury and agree, can't write him off.

|

Non Gratum Anus Rodentum

1/20/2019 3:09 PM

I would bid this as it’s just a really hard sport with a lot of pressure.

|

1/20/2019 4:01 PM

I don't usually reply to anything, but I'm just so sick of seeing these, "this guy sucks", or "what's up with that guy" threads. I know there are a few current and ex pros that post here, and they are the ONLY ones who know exactly how hard it is to make a main, let alone have a top finish. And 99 percent of these guys that rip them would be in awe of a good pro rider showing up at their local track, and would be gushing all over them if they talked to them. Please, PLEASE, if anybody has a negative opinion about a rider, understand that the guy you're talking about is at the most elite level of the sport, and would destroy most people in the world on a dirt bike. Saying they are slow, or don't deserve a ride, or whatever, is incredibly ignorant! Rant over...back to the negativity.

|

1/20/2019 4:41 PM

Chikers791 wrote:

I don't usually reply to anything, but I'm just so sick of seeing these, "this guy sucks", or "what's up with that guy" ...more

I hear where you’re coming from and as the creator of this thread I hope you don’t think that my post was a stab at Cantrell.

I always root for the underdog and respect any rider that pushes themself to get to this level.

The question I was getting at is if he had an injury or something on the go. We see rookies come up every year and in their first year they show signs of being the next big thing and than the next season fall off the map. Some, like Osbourne experienced that and are now the best. Some, like Zach Bell just never find that flow again.

This sport is brutal. Physically and emotionally. The world we live in with social media and everything else these days only makes it harder to stay positive when you’re in a rut.

|

1/20/2019 4:45 PM

Some guys are better at SX, some are better at MX, then a few of the greats are good at both. I see him doing better outdoors

|

Chuck Norris is the reason why Waldo is hiding.

1/20/2019 5:10 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/20/2019 5:11 PM

anyone mind giving a synopsis on Cantrell and thoughts on expectations? looked great in the Red Bull Straight Rhythm. is he expected to be a front runner? awesome if so, but tell the story.

|

1/20/2019 5:22 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/20/2019 5:23 PM

drt410 wrote:

You're a punk. Martin Castelo is 100 X the rider you are, if you even ride.

|

1/20/2019 5:38 PM

Not a jab towards you, foreman, more the drt410 guy, who obviously doesn't have a clue what riding at a top level is about.

|

1/21/2019 12:07 AM

Chikers791 wrote:

I don't usually reply to anything, but I'm just so sick of seeing these, "this guy sucks", or "what's up with that guy" ...more

weird that you take it that way. negative, even.

OP is saying "i hold this guy in high regard, but his recent results are not congruent with this, what might the issue be?"

nothing negative with that.

yes, it's hard.

yes, they're better than us.

it's a sport, they're public figures and this is a public forum to analyze said sport not a tribunal.

|

1/21/2019 1:23 AM

Chikers791 wrote:

I see your point in this post. But this is such a lazy and bad take on things in life (not only pro moto).

If we can't discuss and debate (professional)riders performances, products etc. on a forum like this then why are we even here? Of course downright abuse is unacceptable but talking about or wondering about a guy like Cantrell and his below par performances (for a factory KTM rider, i'm not comparing him to the regular Joe) is 100% fine.

I hope he figures things out, i was excited when he got the good start in one of the gangbangs. Too bad that he made that mistake early on, but that save was amazing!

|

Current fleet of two wheeled vehicles:
- KTM SX 250 2020
- Suzuki GSX-R 600 K7 track spec
- Canyon Sender CF 8.0 2018 Downhill
- Canyon Spectral:ON 7.0 2019 EMTB
- White GX Pro 20 Gravel

1/21/2019 2:35 AM

Not everybody can be top 5 just because it isn’t their rookie year anymore. As Cantrell gains a year of experience, so does AC and Ferrandis and all of the rest of them...

|

1/21/2019 2:53 AM

Chikers791 wrote:

Motofinne wrote:

I see your point in this post. But this is such a lazy and bad take on things in life (not only pro moto).

If we can't ...more

Fuck I spat my beer when I seen you just slipped gangbang in there

|

1/21/2019 4:23 AM

Chikers791 wrote:

Motofinne wrote:

If we can't ...more

All I'm saying is that ripping riders because they aren't up to someone's expectations is asinine. You can take that however you want, but I don't see it as "a lazy and bad take on things in life" lol. What? Because I am trying to defend the fact that moto is one of the most difficult things in the world to do at a high level...you know what, nevermind. I'm certainly not trying to change anyone's mind, as we are all entitled to our opinion. But I do find it strange that I get flak for standing up for the riders.

|

1/21/2019 5:03 AM

Speaking of Castelo he’s doing pretty good. I was a little critical of him last year but good to see him close to the top 10

|