Seacan Bike Workshop

rt987
Edited Date/Time 6/23/2018 10:02am
Wondering if anyone has built a bike specific workshop in their yard. I'm moving to an acreage without a garage but have permission to put up something in the range of 25'x15', but it has to be portable. I will eventually end up back on the main farm yard so I always have the option of putting it back there when I leave.

Will only be used for my bikes, I have a KTM 690R and a Yamaha FZ6. Needs to be insulated and heated at a minimum, would like to look at A/C down the road but we'll see how pricey it all gets. Right now I'm seriously looking at a 20' sea can, which is only 7.5' wide if insulated.... I think that'd be enough room to work on a bike but it will certainly be tight. Has anyone done something like this?

Container I'm looking at:

A benefit of this could be joining two 20' cans together to make a much bigger space down the road if I wanted, like this:

Any opinions or ideas welcome!
|
Sharpe325
6/22/2018 9:47pm
If i aint mistaken i saw a video a while back with blake baggett and he had a container setup at his track with some parts and tools in it. I think it would a sweet workshop and be different.
crc245
6/22/2018 11:33pm
Sharpe325 wrote:
If i aint mistaken i saw a video a while back with blake baggett and he had a container setup at his track with some parts...
If i aint mistaken i saw a video a while back with blake baggett and he had a container setup at his track with some parts and tools in it. I think it would a sweet workshop and be different.
Correct. When done properly, could be a dialed setup Cool

https://youtu.be/OQN9OLzlsC4?t=6m42s
Sharpe325
6/23/2018 10:02am
Sharpe325 wrote:
If i aint mistaken i saw a video a while back with blake baggett and he had a container setup at his track with some parts...
crc245 wrote:
Correct. When done properly, could be a dialed setup Cool

https://youtu.be/OQN9OLzlsC4?t=6m42s
Oh yes he has a sweet set up for sure. I wouldnt mind having a set up like that for sure!!

Post a reply to: Seacan Bike Workshop

The Latest