Screwed over on motor rebuild

6/8/2017 7:51pm Edited Date/Time 6/8/2017 9:31pm
Deleted thread
|
RhinoRider
6/8/2017 8:12pm
A dome piston is higher in the center than a flat top. Maybe he forgot to recut the head and the piston is hitting the head on the outer edges?

Take off the stator cover and roll it backwards.

Pull the head and turn it over and see whats up. Also, maybe the piston top to piston pin length is different(higher than stock, making it hit the head.

Take less than 10 minutes to figure it out.
6/8/2017 8:20pm
Why not just call him and querie the issue, i would presume they would be happy to assist, sounds like a simple mistake, after all we are human.

The Shop

6/8/2017 8:29pm
Yeah, what he said ^^. I've built engines for years, if this happened, I would be happy to fix at no charge to my customer. So call the guys who built it before bashing them
kott0n
Fantasy
3717th
6/8/2017 8:31pm
Yeah, what he said ^^. I've built engines for years, if this happened, I would be happy to fix at no charge to my customer. So...
Yeah, what he said ^^. I've built engines for years, if this happened, I would be happy to fix at no charge to my customer. So call the guys who built it before bashing them
Not saying I disagree but I'm sure the first thing you do after a rebuild is roll her over make sure she's loose.
6/8/2017 8:37pm
It was a bolt in between the flywheel and case thanks everybody it was just a simple mistake
aeffertz
6/8/2017 8:41pm
Glad you got it figured out but man that QC scares me a bit.

Enjoy the big bore! I love my RM144.
jeffro503
6/8/2017 8:51pm
DOH!! Glad you got it figured out. You should ask the mods to delete the thread. That way someone searching for references doesn't come across this thread.
RhinoRider
6/8/2017 9:23pm
first thing I said was pull the cover and roll it backwards.

Boom that bolt. Crazy.
6/8/2017 9:31pm
RhinoRider wrote:
A dome piston is higher in the center than a flat top. Maybe he forgot to recut the head and the piston is hitting the head...
A dome piston is higher in the center than a flat top. Maybe he forgot to recut the head and the piston is hitting the head on the outer edges?

Take off the stator cover and roll it backwards.

Pull the head and turn it over and see whats up. Also, maybe the piston top to piston pin length is different(higher than stock, making it hit the head.

Take less than 10 minutes to figure it out.
I know it's crazy man haha just a simple mistake I'm just glad it's squared away. I talked to the guy that did it and he is gonna send me a fly wheel puller tomorrow morning so I can get that thing out of there but thanks for the input it was much appreciated. Vital mx is my go to place for mx help
RhinoRider
6/8/2017 9:48pm
Be glad it's not a 4 stroke!

One bolt out of place on those is a JOB

Post a reply to: Screwed over on motor rebuild

The Latest