Scott Sepkovic... bring me up to speed

10/17/2018 8:17am
I started really following moto in the mid 90s but I think the Scott Sepkovic days were around my college years when i didn’t have my finger on the pulse of the sport as much..

So what’s the story on this guy? Everything I’ve heard about him paints a picture of a cliche slimey sports agent, wearing fancy Mr Bigshot outfits to the track, etc. I think he was involved with the infamous Bill’s Pipes / Rockstar Suzuki shitshow with Jlaw, Hamblin, Mills and Brownie... ???
|
Kyle978
10/17/2018 8:38am
Scott brought a lot of money into riders and teams pockets, and the sport in general. The current budget of Moto still has something to do with some of his actions, in a positive way.

I’ve spent a small amount of time with him, but from what I gathered he’s a sharp guy with great business sense. There may have been a lack of ethics and greed occasionally in the past, but that’s not an uncommon story when it comes to successful, entrepreneurial people/companies.

He is certainly an out of the box thinker, much respect from me.
DC
10/17/2018 10:21am Edited Date/Time 10/17/2018 10:21am
I grew up with Scott, 45 minutes away. Known him for maybe 40 years. He has a sharp business mind and loves moto. He's helped a lot of guys and businesses along the way, and certainly made an enemy or two as well, which is the nature of the sports agent business, I guess.

And he's part of the biggest business mistake I ever made: Back in the early 2000s he told me I should think about investing in something called the Monster Beverage Company, and I didn't even bother to look it up...

Damnit.

DC
Racer X

The Shop

RonJon
10/17/2018 11:06am
He was pretty involved with ARMA when that was a thing but since then, I haven't heard much. Smart guy, still around a lot of players in the industry, not sure really what hes got going on though.
MX Culture
10/18/2018 5:37am
He was at MXoN. Hung with him a little bit on Sat night.
Has a new line of workout/casual apparel and is working on something big with one of the companies mentioned above.
Still loves the sport and talked about the past and JLaw and some of those teams. Took me down memory lane for sure.
Huckster
10/18/2018 6:25am
Dude could sell ice to the Eskimo’s. I worked with him when he was at a Goggle company. We started peddling an energy drink named Hansen to our dealer network.

Post a reply to: Scott Sepkovic... bring me up to speed

The Latest