Scoring tower and managers tower suck

Related:
Create New Tag

2/12/2019 7:40 PM

I sat down close to the track during practice and was behind the scoring tower and managers tower the views were terrible. I would have been pissed if I bought tickets for 150 bucks and it blocked my view like a lot of people it did,and they do this at ever track. Get rid of that stupid view blocking tower and run the running order on the big screens that every stadium has. Then scrap that managers tower that blocks views from the track and give the managers either a suite in each stadium or block out 20 seats in the front row just for them.

|

2/12/2019 8:23 PM

Not sure why you got down voted. This is just one reason why I just stay home and watch on TV.

|

2/12/2019 8:37 PM

The lowest seats to the track are horrible anyways. You can't see anything. Overpriced junk in my opinion. They're cool for watching practice but I prefer to be up top for the night show that way nothing is in the way. Plus you can see everything at once and it's easier to spot good battles/passes/crashes with you peripheral vision when you sit higher.

|

2/13/2019 2:33 AM

Spot on
Get rid of that crap

|

2/13/2019 5:02 AM

Um.... You guys are forgetting that those towers offer premium signage.

|

2/13/2019 9:07 AM

C.Worthy wrote:

The lowest seats to the track are horrible anyways. You can't see anything. Overpriced junk in my opinion. They're cool for ...more

I hate sitting up high just so I can see the "whole" track. To me the essence of what makes the sport so radical is lost sitting in the club level or high in the lower bowl. I would rather sit low with a partial view and feel up close and personal to the riders and bikes. But you really can't even do that anymore because the lawyers make the promoters block off the first 10-15 rows anyways. I guess that is why I rarely go to SX anymore. My seat at home in the living room is too good and I get to watch the whole season for the price of a ticket to one race.

|

2/13/2019 10:26 AM

Complaining people like to complain.

|

2/13/2019 1:09 PM

JustMX wrote:

Um.... You guys are forgetting that those towers offer premium signage.

Funny that you mention that. I was at the Minneapolis race and couldn't tell you if there was a sign on it or not. I only know where it was located.
I guess it's probably not very effective advertising.

|

2/13/2019 1:14 PM

The scoring tower should go. Completely blocked the first turn where I was sitting in San Diego. They could have a running order on the LED boards around the perimeter of the stadium.

|

2/15/2019 8:25 PM

GuyB wrote:

I'm sure you usually have views from the floor thats why you dont care but for the people that pay for tickets and just happen to get the seat behind the tower really sucks.

|

2/15/2019 8:32 PM

and spectators walkin due to view is lost money

|

2/15/2019 9:36 PM

GuyB wrote:

TRAVO 67 wrote:

I'm sure you usually have views from the floor thats why you dont care but for the people that pay for tickets and just happen ...more

The view from the floor is actually lower than what you're talking about. I'm not sure I get the point. wink

Actually, from the floor, I get more blocked, due to Tuf-Blox, berms, jumps, etc. It's not always the best place to watch a race. smile

|

2/16/2019 4:03 AM

C.Worthy wrote:

The lowest seats to the track are horrible anyways. You can't see anything. Overpriced junk in my opinion. They're cool for ...more

I'm going to disagree. I got row x of the lowest section at A2 about 2/3 down the rhythm section and it was fantastic seating.

Imo, finding a good seat just comes down to being familiar with the stadium. Which kinda puts out of towers in a shitty situation.

I will agree they need to step up their game with what the track layout actually is and what they show online.

One of many reasons I just by tickets at will call the day off. Between bad online maps, download/email issues and "processing fees", I'm pretty fed up with getting tickets online. I say this as I need to do just that for the Vegas race ?

|

A wise man once said nothing

2/16/2019 5:24 AM

GuyB wrote:

You run a fantastic site here. But you really like to stomp on some members whenever you get the chance. OP makes a great point. No need to have the running order in multiple spots. The only thing that I can think of as to why they have the running order tower is the riders might glance at it every now and then in practice.

|

2/16/2019 5:33 AM

GuyB wrote:

ButteryWaffles wrote:

You run a fantastic site here. But you really like to stomp on some members whenever you get the chance. OP makes a great ...more

Pitboards were sufficient for many years.

|

2/16/2019 6:51 AM

I agree with the managers tower. No need for that. The scoring tower is a pillar that doesn't block much. The riders can see what place they're in and its easier for people to follow the action. Other than that, I mean if you like being close to the action then dont whine about not seeing. Its sx. There are big piles of dirt everywhere.

|

2/16/2019 12:28 PM

Tower is not necessary . Burn it down.

|

If I'm healthy enough to complain. I shouldn't be complaining.