“Science” of Supercross- Energy drinks??

Related:
Create New Tag

5/1/2021 8:43 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/1/2021 8:44 PM

Did the science of Supercross just try to promote the “health benefits” of Monster Energy??

|

5/1/2021 8:45 PM

Boy, that sure made us look credible. May as well have been a doctor promoting smoking in the 50's.

|

5/1/2021 8:49 PM

Yeah wtf was with that?? I usually love the science of supercross but that bullshit!

|

5/1/2021 8:51 PM

Look up the -specific drink- they were talking about...

Monster HYDRO

|

Out here in the fields, I fight for my meals. I get my back into my living. I don't need to fight, to prove I'm right. I don't need to be forgiven.

5/1/2021 9:13 PM

Some of you guys don’t pay attention...settle down.

Fact is caffeine and taurine help with performance...

|

5/1/2021 9:14 PM

Brad460 wrote:

Oh, that?

That's different!

grin

|

Out here in the fields, I fight for my meals. I get my back into my living. I don't need to fight, to prove I'm right. I don't need to be forgiven.

5/1/2021 9:15 PM

Here’s the problem. They’re trying to make the program attractive to the average viewer. The average viewer hears “Monster Energy” and thinks of a black can with a green claw. Then they see our sport trying to promote it as healthy. Not a good look

|

5/1/2021 9:19 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/1/2021 9:20 PM

I mean they drink them right after the race on the podium too so they must be onto something!! Think I’ll gulp a couple on my way to the track tomorrow That taurine should really calm my nerves

|

5/1/2021 9:22 PM

TeamGreen wrote:

Look up the -specific drink- they were talking about...

Monster HYDRO

...as they showed Eli drinking out of a regular Monster can. Felt skeezy as hell even if they came out with a monster branded fruit smoothie.

|

5/1/2021 9:55 PM

Redbulls better.

|

5/1/2021 10:04 PM

Remember when they had H2O on the bottom of the can?...ermm

|

Hello..Vital?..

5/1/2021 10:09 PM

It's cause it's got electrolytes it's what the body craves

|

why am I reading this? ..... Oh christ, now I'm posting...... shiiiiiiiit!!

5/1/2021 10:37 PM

It’s called the science of marketing

|

5/1/2021 10:53 PM

B Lenny wrote:

Remember when they had H2O on the bottom of the can?...ermm

Now they call it "Tour Water" printed right on the side of the can.

|

-OC
"Feed The Bull"
Twitter: @ocscottie | Facebook

5/1/2021 10:56 PM

Was "The Science of Supercross" new this season? Seems like they are running out of stuff to talk about. Will they do "The Science of Motocross" when the MX nationals start up? Or will they continue the "Makeup to Mud"?

If they have "The Science of Motocross" features for the MX Nationals they could do one on how Porta-Cans are emptied.

|

“Adhering to 1970’s Standards of Political Correctness”

5/1/2021 11:09 PM

TeamGreen wrote:

Oh, that?

That's different!

grin

HAHA! "My grand-mama gave me that chain!"

|

5/1/2021 11:23 PM

Reese95w wrote:

Was "The Science of Supercross" new this season? Seems like they are running out of stuff to talk about. Will they do "The ...more

Or how to avoid catching diphtheria using those dunnies

|

5/2/2021 12:22 AM

Ha, one of the few times I stopped to see what the “science of supercross” was talking about and quickly realized it was a Monster commercial. I laughed, called them silly bitches and fast forwarded to the mains.

|

5/2/2021 12:27 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/2/2021 2:52 AM

jemcee wrote:

It's cause it's got electrolytes it's what the body craves

I heard it’s what Feld waters the tracks with too! Electrolytes are what tracks crave. #monster #thirstMutilator

|

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good. ~ Samuel Johnson

5/2/2021 3:04 AM

Regardless of whether energy drinks are involved, none of the Science of Supercross segments ever have had anything to do with science. It's more like "Vaguely-tech-oriented Product-Placement of Supercross"

|

5/2/2021 5:28 AM

Dirty Points wrote:

Regardless of whether energy drinks are involved, none of the Science of Supercross segments ever have had anything to do with ...more

I wish they would actually make it science related. What is a panic rev and why does it work? Brake tapping in the air? Why do 250s feel so much lighter than 450s despite being largely the same machines aside from engine internals? Lots of physics to teach! Not some "beep beep boop" CSI style green text appearing on screen talking about handlebars.

|

5/2/2021 5:39 AM

JCU927 wrote:

Redbulls better.

That dragonfruit flavor slaps.

|

5/2/2021 5:43 AM

davis224 wrote:

I wish they would actually make it science related. What is a panic rev and why does it work? Brake tapping in the air? Why do ...more

... they want to make short digestible videos for average Joe. making it properly science related would take the videos from 3 minutes to 30

|

5/2/2021 5:44 AM

Photo
|

Make sure you downvote!

5/2/2021 6:13 AM

I never thought I would see Idiocracy play out in my lifetime, but here we are. Photo

|

5/2/2021 7:09 AM

I laughed out loud when they had a line how Vegans are Taurine deficient...if you're a Vegan, you better be drinking your monster!

|

5/2/2021 8:56 AM

Dirty Points wrote:

Regardless of whether energy drinks are involved, none of the Science of Supercross segments ever have had anything to do with ...more

davis224 wrote:

I wish they would actually make it science related. What is a panic rev and why does it work? Brake tapping in the air? Why do ...more

Alan Dove wrote:

... they want to make short digestible videos for average Joe. making it properly science related would take the videos from 3 ...more

They don't have to teach a master's class, just scratch the surface. I'm sure I could come up with a 3 minute video explaining/demonstrating gyroscopic effect on a motorcycle, but I guess we need to know what plants crave.

They could link it to so many things, knowing why your bike does what it does leads to being better at testing, which translates into what you see happening in the track, etc. But nope, our badass juice box make you big smart strong man.

|

5/2/2021 9:22 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/2/2021 9:30 AM

davis224 wrote:

Alan Dove wrote:

... they want to make short digestible videos for average Joe. making it properly science related would take the videos from 3 ...more

davis224 wrote:

They don't have to teach a master's class, just scratch the surface. I'm sure I could come up with a 3 minute video ...more

Yeah. If Carl Sagan can explain the inner workings of a star in a minute-long tv segment, I would think the producers can come up with the math behind a suspension linkage or something.

But, I understand that's not the purpose. It's a sponsor segment with the word "science" in the name, not a science segment with sponsors.

|

5/2/2021 9:30 AM

Brad460 wrote:

TeamGreen wrote:

Oh, that?

That's different!

grin

stonerb wrote:

HAHA! "My grand-mama gave me that chain!"

Oh, man, just in time for my morning coffee as I load up to go to the track...

Thanks! I always lve a good laugh. But, I think we derailed the angst 'round h'yar...

Now, back to the usual Sunday Morning Madness.

Yo, Stoneman?! Have a Great Day!

|

5/2/2021 12:48 PM

TeamGreen wrote:

Oh, man, just in time for my morning coffee as I load up to go to the track...

Thanks! I always lve a good laugh. But, I ...more

Same to you, bud!.

|