Scalvini Factory Silencer?

mirramaxx
Edited Date/Time 7/22/2021 2:18pm
Wondering if anyone has used these on their 2 stroke builds and what there thoughts are? I've got a Pro Circuit platinum pipe with a Pro circuit 304 that came with the my 06CR250 looking for something full carbon but its a bit much, this one is a pretty good blend of both. Says it works with different pipes, anyone with some insight is most appreciated.
Cheers vital village !

Scalvini Factory Silencer - Aluminum With Carbon End Cap
|
ccullins
4/3/2019 10:00pm
We had one along with the full carbon. Both worked well and held up to abuse really well. I would go with them again?
newmann
4/3/2019 10:25pm Edited Date/Time 4/3/2019 10:27pm
Mine was a shit fit on my 13 KTM150. Bend in the pipe coming off the exhaust was too much and had the silencer pointed up towards the fender. I tweaked it a bit to get it spooging the fender less but it still is a bit of a shit fit. Mine is the full carbon and I cut it down about 3-4 inches in length.
number six
4/4/2019 7:02am
I have a full carbon on a KTM 250.
It fit good.
It is lighter than stock & looks great.
However ; the rear portion is mild steel, not stainless. It rusts constantly. A shit decision considering the industry standard is stainless.
Also - to repack it one must drill out rivets. Another shit decision, should have screws.
Considering the price of these units, they really should be better engineered.

The Shop

newmann
4/4/2019 7:11am
You can see how far off the bend is here. Pic taken after making the monster a "shorty".

mirramaxx
4/4/2019 7:24am Edited Date/Time 4/4/2019 7:25am
I like how the end cap looks on the Scalvini, but dang that bend is way off! My current silencer works okay its just beat up from the last owner and is one of the last things I'm looking to replace. I will probably stick with Pro-circuit combo at this point. Thanks for the input Vitalians !
IWreckALot
4/4/2019 7:30am
Seems like a LOT of bikes have a fit issue with Scalvini. Not sure why that would be the case. Fitment notwithstanding, the quality seems great and it tests well on the dyno. I think the power is best in the lower RPM if I remember correctly.
jeffro503
4/4/2019 7:44am
I can't speak for the silencer's , only the pipe's. The ones I got for my 06' RM250 and my 17' TC 125 both fit perfect. In fact the one on the RM fit so snug , that I probably didn't even need to bolt it on haha. I love the Scalvini pipes more then any 2 stroke pipe I've ever owned ,and actually just got my 3rd one delivered a few days ago for the 18' TC 250. I run the FMF 2.1 power core silencer btw.
newmann
4/4/2019 9:45am
IWreckALot wrote:
Seems like a LOT of bikes have a fit issue with Scalvini. Not sure why that would be the case. Fitment notwithstanding, the quality seems great...
Seems like a LOT of bikes have a fit issue with Scalvini. Not sure why that would be the case. Fitment notwithstanding, the quality seems great and it tests well on the dyno. I think the power is best in the lower RPM if I remember correctly.
When I got mine it was marked 125/150. They obviously sell the same pipe for each. Not sure if or how different the OEM pipes are between the two. Never ran the OEM so nothing to compare it to.
ccullins
4/4/2019 1:40pm
jeffro503 wrote:
I can't speak for the silencer's , only the pipe's. The ones I got for my 06' RM250 and my 17' TC 125 both fit perfect...
I can't speak for the silencer's , only the pipe's. The ones I got for my 06' RM250 and my 17' TC 125 both fit perfect. In fact the one on the RM fit so snug , that I probably didn't even need to bolt it on haha. I love the Scalvini pipes more then any 2 stroke pipe I've ever owned ,and actually just got my 3rd one delivered a few days ago for the 18' TC 250. I run the FMF 2.1 power core silencer btw.
Yeah we ran the full Scalvini system on the Beta last year. Besides looking good it also fit good, made good power and had a lot more ground clearance in the front than other pipes.
Other than the time it takes to keep any raw metal pipe fresh it was all positive ?
4/4/2019 1:56pm
jeffro503 wrote:
I can't speak for the silencer's , only the pipe's. The ones I got for my 06' RM250 and my 17' TC 125 both fit perfect...
ccullins wrote:
Yeah we ran the full Scalvini system on the Beta last year. Besides looking good it also fit good, made good power and had a lot...
Yeah we ran the full Scalvini system on the Beta last year. Besides looking good it also fit good, made good power and had a lot more ground clearance in the front than other pipes.
Other than the time it takes to keep any raw metal pipe fresh it was all positive ?
That is a lovely looking bike!
mirramaxx
4/4/2019 2:40pm
So I'm a bit torn, I don't mind having to fab the scalvini silencer to fit, but the procircuit ti 2 is looking like a good option. When the silencer is shorter it makes a bigger hit on the bottom end ? New to this whole 2 stroke power, really can't wait to finally ride the bike on the track !
jeffro503
4/4/2019 4:18pm
mirramaxx wrote:
So I'm a bit torn, I don't mind having to fab the scalvini silencer to fit, but the procircuit ti 2 is looking like a good...
So I'm a bit torn, I don't mind having to fab the scalvini silencer to fit, but the procircuit ti 2 is looking like a good option. When the silencer is shorter it makes a bigger hit on the bottom end ? New to this whole 2 stroke power, really can't wait to finally ride the bike on the track !
Most every where I ride , are bigger outdoor MX tracks. Lot's of 4th and 5th gear stuff on some of them. I don't run the shorty's for that very reason. I like the standard version / length silencers for my riding. When I rode and raced a lot of indoor stuff , I ran nothing but shorty's. It depends on what you want and where you ride.
mirramaxx
4/4/2019 8:58pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Most every where I ride , are bigger outdoor MX tracks. Lot's of 4th and 5th gear stuff on some of them. I don't run the...
Most every where I ride , are bigger outdoor MX tracks. Lot's of 4th and 5th gear stuff on some of them. I don't run the shorty's for that very reason. I like the standard version / length silencers for my riding. When I rode and raced a lot of indoor stuff , I ran nothing but shorty's. It depends on what you want and where you ride.
Right on man, thanks for the input. My main riding spot has a lot of wide open sweepers and some fairly big hits. There is a few jumps right out of corners so it will be interesting seat bouncing them on a 250 2 stroke instead of my 250F.
jeffro503
4/5/2019 9:34am
mirramaxx wrote:
Right on man, thanks for the input. My main riding spot has a lot of wide open sweepers and some fairly big hits. There is a...
Right on man, thanks for the input. My main riding spot has a lot of wide open sweepers and some fairly big hits. There is a few jumps right out of corners so it will be interesting seat bouncing them on a 250 2 stroke instead of my 250F.
Yeah man , no worries. I tend to like the standard length silencer's the best for outdoor tracks. Little less pipey and they seem to broaden the power a bit better then the Shorty's. The Shorty's seem to have better bottom end grunt , where the standard length seems to help from mid all the way through the top. And on bigger outdoor tracks , the mid - top is where we need it any ways. In my opinion , having the bottom calmed down a bit and having the power more useable on the mid to top makes it a little easier to ride. I have been using the FMF power core 2.1 for the past few years , along with the Scalvini pipes , and I gotta say it's a great combo. Very smooth and more grunt every where.

On a side note : on my 06' RM 250 I bought it with an FMF knarly pipe. Had strong bottom , ok mid and not much on top. I then bought a fatty pipe , where the bottom wasn't that strong , mid was really strong and the top end had some pretty good over-rev. I then got the Scalvini where it acts like both of those FMF pipes. Strong all the way through , but smooth. Been about 4 years since I made the switch to the Scalvini pipe and I couldn't be more happy. I love em'.
logan_140
4/5/2019 1:11pm
AngryBear wrote:
https://www.budracing-usa.com/us/carbon-silencer-bud-racing-2-stroke.html [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/04/05/336413/s1200_slxca.jpg[/img]
I have a bud pipe/silencer and the pipe fits, but the silencer always blows off the pipe under pressure. It’s a ‘15 sx. I think my subframe is tweaked or something by a hair.. loved the pipe when I had it on my bike tho.. just sitting in the garage now.
4/5/2019 3:25pm
mirramaxx wrote:
So I'm a bit torn, I don't mind having to fab the scalvini silencer to fit, but the procircuit ti 2 is looking like a good...
jeffro503 wrote:
Most every where I ride , are bigger outdoor MX tracks. Lot's of 4th and 5th gear stuff on some of them. I don't run the...
This exactly. Only one's benefiting from a shorty are arenacross riders
dooher
7/22/2021 1:06pm
jeffro503 wrote:
How is that combo working on your TC250, i.e. the Scalvini with FMF 2.1 silencer?
B Lenny
7/22/2021 2:18pm
mirramaxx wrote:
Wondering if anyone has used these on their 2 stroke builds and what there thoughts are? I've got a Pro Circuit platinum pipe with a Pro...
Wondering if anyone has used these on their 2 stroke builds and what there thoughts are? I've got a Pro Circuit platinum pipe with a Pro circuit 304 that came with the my 06CR250 looking for something full carbon but its a bit much, this one is a pretty good blend of both. Says it works with different pipes, anyone with some insight is most appreciated.
Cheers vital village !

Scalvini Factory Silencer - Aluminum With Carbon End Cap
I have that same one but have yet to fire it up..Not really a fan of the mounting bracket though...Dry

Post a reply to: Scalvini Factory Silencer?

The Latest