SCoN - Supercross of Nations

huck
Edited Date/Time 9/26/2016 1:04pm
Now that would be a great event. Especially if it could be held in Europe in a huge football (soccer) stadium. 100,000 fans cheering and going wild....
|
SethGator
9/26/2016 12:49pm
except for the fact, that maybe 6-8 countries actually race some form of SX.
HenryA
9/26/2016 1:03pm
SX at Camp Nou would be badass Cool
Katoomey
9/26/2016 1:27pm
huck wrote:
Now that would be a great event. Especially if it could be held in Europe in a huge football (soccer) stadium. 100,000 fans cheering and going...
Now that would be a great event. Especially if it could be held in Europe in a huge football (soccer) stadium. 100,000 fans cheering and going wild....
I don't know about SXoN, but...

Supercross should get rid of 250/450 classes and run a format similiar to MXoN and many other forms of racing.

...practice/qualifying > heat races > A/B mains, 3 x15 minute mains, lowest points scoring. Just broadcast the heats and A-mains.
slowgti
9/26/2016 1:38pm
The GP guys can sign up for A1 f they want.

The Shop

9/26/2016 1:43pm
team USA would never have a chance of winning that, i mean all these great European supercross country's would smoke them.
mxmasta
Fantasy
814th
9/26/2016 1:48pm
No.

Nearly nobody outside the USA really cares about SX, it's a circus show. Well, maybe some french guys and some Aussies care, but that's it. Wow, what an event that would be, with 3 countries competing, at least everyone involved would be on the podium.
Jt$
9/26/2016 1:51pm
mxmasta wrote:
No. Nearly nobody outside the USA really cares about SX, it's a circus show. Well, maybe some french guys and some Aussies care, but that's it...
No.

Nearly nobody outside the USA really cares about SX, it's a circus show. Well, maybe some french guys and some Aussies care, but that's it. Wow, what an event that would be, with 3 countries competing, at least everyone involved would be on the podium.
It seems that several of Europe's best riders over the last 20 years would disagree with the "nobody cares about SX" take. In fact, your home country's best rider ever would probably disagree.
mxmasta
Fantasy
814th
9/26/2016 2:03pm Edited Date/Time 9/26/2016 2:07pm
mxmasta wrote:
No. Nearly nobody outside the USA really cares about SX, it's a circus show. Well, maybe some french guys and some Aussies care, but that's it...
No.

Jt$ wrote:
It seems that several of Europe's best riders over the last 20 years would disagree with the "nobody cares about SX" take. In fact, your home...
It seems that several of Europe's best riders over the last 20 years would disagree with the "nobody cares about SX" take. In fact, your home country's best rider ever would probably disagree.
Thomas, especially you as our former "German SX" champion should know how "SX" looks over here. It is more of a "winter break show" than anything else. Hell, last year I think only one German was racing the big boys class, all others were - wait for it - mostly Americans and French.

And that one super talented rider from Germany wants to race SX is not an indicator for what all other german riders think or want to do.
And btw. I said "NEARLY nobody cares"!
And where are these "several of Europes best riders over the last 20 years" from? France maybe?
9/26/2016 2:06pm Edited Date/Time 9/26/2016 2:07pm
It would have to be in the USA every year, unless it could alternate between SCoN and AXoN

The French are the most in to it, I don't think we even have an SX practice facility in the country open to the public
PressPassP
9/26/2016 2:30pm Edited Date/Time 9/26/2016 2:37pm
huck wrote:
Now that would be a great event. Especially if it could be held in Europe in a huge football (soccer) stadium. 100,000 fans cheering and going...
100,000 fans?? Even free entry and laying on coaches wouldn't get near that amount here I'm afraid.

It's like Baseball works there,or Cricket works outside of the USA,SX only really works in the US.

BRoN... Beach race of Nations,now that could work, Le Touquet has 250,000 over a weekend,Weston Super Mare 100,000,Weymouth,Mablethorpe,Margate etc over 25,000,just MX on sand.Smile
Jt$
9/26/2016 2:36pm
mxmasta wrote:
Thomas, especially you as our former "German SX" champion should know how "SX" looks over here. It is more of a "winter break show" than anything...
Thomas, especially you as our former "German SX" champion should know how "SX" looks over here. It is more of a "winter break show" than anything else. Hell, last year I think only one German was racing the big boys class, all others were - wait for it - mostly Americans and French.

And that one super talented rider from Germany wants to race SX is not an indicator for what all other german riders think or want to do.
And where are these "several of Europes best riders over the last 20 years" from? France maybe?
I'm talking about USA SX. So you think that European riders as a whole wouldn't go race SX given the opportunity? That's your honest opinion? Really?
9/26/2016 2:53pm Edited Date/Time 9/26/2016 2:57pm
mxmasta wrote:
Thomas, especially you as our former "German SX" champion should know how "SX" looks over here. It is more of a "winter break show" than anything...

Jt$ wrote:
I'm talking about USA SX. So you think that European riders as a whole wouldn't go race SX given the opportunity? That's your honest opinion? Really?
Not really,or they'do all be turning out for the offer season "circus" events in Europe to start with at least,it's different over there,something Americans grow up with as taken for granted

Even though a troll thread,bait taken BTW....
Johnny Depp
9/26/2016 9:24pm
huck wrote:
Katoomey wrote:
I don't know about SXoN, but... Supercross should get rid of 250/450 classes and run a format similiar to MXoN and many other forms of racing...
I don't know about SXoN, but...

Supercross should get rid of 250/450 classes and run a format similiar to MXoN and many other forms of racing.

...practice/qualifying > heat races > A/B mains, 3 x15 minute mains, lowest points scoring. Just broadcast the heats and A-mains.
Solid. Amen. Agree.
lestat
9/26/2016 9:51pm
ya that would work real well . imagine the discrepancy in lap times there would be . might as well have a moto demolition derby .
Olson
9/26/2016 11:51pm
Now we're talking about inexperienced riders lining up against pros...
mxmasta
Fantasy
814th
9/27/2016 12:08am Edited Date/Time 9/27/2016 12:09am
Jt$ wrote:
Maybe something gets lost in translation or my bad English, but, no that was clearly NOT what I was saying.
Jeremy200
9/27/2016 12:38am
mxmasta wrote:
No.

Add us to that list please.
tobz
9/27/2016 12:44am
Can't win the motocross of nations, might aswell make up a trophy you have a better chance at Tongue
Beast666
9/27/2016 12:46am
Put down the bong and step away fron the Doritos.
Fearo
9/27/2016 2:01am
mxmasta wrote:

Jt$ wrote:
This may be beside the point, but I think the US media/fans sometimes think US SX is the 'holy grail' for most European riders, but I can tell you right now, for a lot of them, it's not. I'm pretty sure a lot of riders would not go to the US given the chance, unless they would be on much better equipment/higher salary than in Europe or would only go for outdoor-only deals (which are non-existant).
steed 2.0
9/27/2016 2:13am
huck wrote:
Crush
9/27/2016 2:52am
Fearo wrote:
This may be beside the point, but I think the US media/fans sometimes think US SX is the 'holy grail' for most European riders, but I...
This may be beside the point, but I think the US media/fans sometimes think US SX is the 'holy grail' for most European riders, but I can tell you right now, for a lot of them, it's not. I'm pretty sure a lot of riders would not go to the US given the chance, unless they would be on much better equipment/higher salary than in Europe or would only go for outdoor-only deals (which are non-existant).
Being realistic that it's not a good idea because you're too old/scared/unskilled at SX at a certain point in your career is not the same as not dreaming about it.

Pretty hard to quantify either, but US-SX is the pinnacle of the sport, that hasn't been in doubt since the early 80s.

9/27/2016 3:15am
We have this visit us in Europe and it attracts way more people than SX,all the big jumps etc and a lot more other entertainment for what people will go to see.

Unfortunately SX gets nowhere near fan wisemail over here.

JAFO92
9/27/2016 6:54am
huck wrote:
I can see it now, Huck on a tractor putting round-bale jumps in a rodeo arena for the entire world to race on.

Gives a whole new meaning to hucking a triple......... Wink
Sidecar
9/27/2016 8:36am
huck wrote:
PressPassP wrote:
100,000 fans?? Even free entry and laying on coaches wouldn't get near that amount here I'm afraid. It's like Baseball works there,or Cricket works outside of...
100,000 fans?? Even free entry and laying on coaches wouldn't get near that amount here I'm afraid.

It's like Baseball works there,or Cricket works outside of the USA,SX only really works in the US.

BRoN... Beach race of Nations,now that could work, Le Touquet has 250,000 over a weekend,Weston Super Mare 100,000,Weymouth,Mablethorpe,Margate etc over 25,000,just MX on sand.Smile
A beach race of nations would be epic, each country sending their 50 top MX and Enduro riders, 1000 or so on the line, mass start, 3 hours, 4-5 mile lap with a good 2 mile or so start straight, sort the men out from the boys, throw in a Saturday race with 600 or so quads and sidecars and I'm there....

Barrett57
9/27/2016 9:00am
No thanks, I'd rather pick up my dogs shit than watch more Supercross.

Ranch Life
9/27/2016 9:27am
Im bout as' Merican as it gets, but fixing the rules so we are guaranteed a win is even a little too 'Merican for me. Ill hold out for a legit MXDN win.
huck
9/27/2016 9:42am
I didn't mean this as a way for the US to 'win'. I meant it for a way to generate more fans to the sport. Sure, most of us like MX better than SX...but a lot of the nitro circus crowd doesn't. They'd rather watch the races in a large stadium, with AC, no rain, no dust, no walking...

And if you say that you're a fan of racing and think SX is 'boring', or 'dumb'...the I would assert that you aren't really a fan of racing.
JAFO92
9/27/2016 10:56am
huck wrote:
I didn't mean this as a way for the US to 'win'. I meant it for a way to generate more fans to the sport. Sure...
I didn't mean this as a way for the US to 'win'. I meant it for a way to generate more fans to the sport. Sure, most of us like MX better than SX...but a lot of the nitro circus crowd doesn't. They'd rather watch the races in a large stadium, with AC, no rain, no dust, no walking...

And if you say that you're a fan of racing and think SX is 'boring', or 'dumb'...the I would assert that you aren't really a fan of racing.

Post a reply to: SCoN - Supercross of Nations

The Latest