Say a prayer for Kat Spann, formerly of Southern Dirtbike

AmateurMX
Edited Date/Time 1/24/2012 6:45am
I am not sure if most of you knew, but last year Kat Spann, of Southern Dirtbike/TexMX, outran a bout with cancer, and moved with her husband to Costa Rica, to have a wonderful time in the tropics.

I got a call from Greg Spann on Thurs. afternoon that they were bringing Kat home this weekend as she has two brain tumors. He will be contacting me this week with more information, which I will post to keep everyone up to date.

If you pray, say a few prayers for Kat or at least put her in your thoughts. She is a feisty, funny person and we all certainly need her with us.

Thanks in advance,

Sherri Hultner
|
kopfjaeger
2/24/2008 9:41pm
Damn, i jsut asked her son Jeremy about her and his dad a coupleof weeks ago and they though she was still clear at the time......Hopefully they can get it

The Shop

2/24/2008 11:44pm
I don't think many people realize just how important that woman has been for this sport. Nobody worked harder. I hate hearing that.
P
2/25/2008 7:05am
I'll keep her in my prayers.

P
2/25/2008 8:17am Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 6:14pm
[quote="rockcrawlerdude":ctvc99p3]Prayer sent... i noticed y'all said she was with TexMX what was or is that?[/quote:ctvc99p3]
She had a Mag. Soft paper mag like CN used to be.
It was called Tex-MX News in the late 80's and 90's. She changed the name of it to Southern Dirt Bike. Not sure on the date but if I remember right it was around 2001 when she changed the name.
It was an Am racing mag and did wonderful coverage of Texas, LA and that area of the country. She also was at Loretta's every year..
She took the mag over in 1991 and retired form the mag in 2004.
Lots of years of hard work put into it and it was a damn good Mag.
Arkmx
2/25/2008 1:43pm
Sorry to here the news... Kat would go out of her way to help to help you. Super nice person too!
Also known for her Jello Shooters!! Just ask Becky Torrance (Kat's Friend & helper), DC, Big John or anyone else who stopped by her camp on Stagecoach Hill & LL's!!

Get Well Kat... our prayers are with you and yours.

Jim & Family.

Post a reply to: Say a prayer for Kat Spann, formerly of Southern Dirtbike

The Latest