Saw some kid living out my dream...

Related:
Create New Tag

12/26/2019 12:47 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/26/2019 12:47 PM

I was driving through Bella Vista, AR yesterday on I49/HWY71 and saw a kid riding on the golf course. I've always wanted to do that!

|

12/26/2019 12:49 PM

Gworm wrote:

I was driving through Bella Vista, AR yesterday on I49/HWY71 and saw a kid riding on the golf course. I've always wanted to do that!

Driven by that place a 1000 times and dreamed of that as well..... Kid wasn't very smart with the police station next door!

|

12/26/2019 12:55 PM

It was something small... didn't look like it was doing any damage. Probably a little Chinese bike he got for Christmas.

I used to want to anonymously send out flyers for a race at the golf course here in town, go out the night before and string some banners, and see what happened.

|

12/26/2019 1:11 PM

Gworm wrote:

It was something small... didn't look like it was doing any damage. Probably a little Chinese bike he got for Christmas.

I used to want to anonymously send out flyers for a race at the golf course here in town, go out the night before and string some banners, and see what happened.

That would be funny as hell to see a small army show up.....

|

12/26/2019 1:17 PM

Funny, I have had the same dream since I was 12.

|

1988 CR 250
2002 RM 125

12/26/2019 1:28 PM

I hate to tell ya but you'd probably be disappointed. Back in '93 they decided to build a golf course next to where my friend lived. Many months later over a weekend when the workers were all gone.

We broke out his cr80 and took it for a spin the course wasn't totally finished. They were in the stage of shaping the rolling hills laying out the holes. There was no grass yet etc it was okay but the rounded rolling hills didn't make for the greatest of jumps.

|

12/26/2019 1:28 PM

Never understood why someone would want to ride on a flat piece of property. Maybe I'm just missing the point. Lol

|

12/26/2019 1:50 PM

^^^Not just that, but it's slick as hell.

|

12/26/2019 1:51 PM

Wanted to tear up the grass. Now that I am older, maybe the dream is to do it on a course that is closing. Many of those in CA.

|

1988 CR 250
2002 RM 125

12/26/2019 1:59 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/26/2019 2:01 PM

The one in my town has some cool elevation changes, and would make a killer natural terrain track.
They don’t all have to be super cross tracks to be fun!

Edit: is “killer “ still what the kids nowadays are saying?

|

12/26/2019 2:01 PM

^^^This is true of many of the courses in my area.

|

1988 CR 250
2002 RM 125

12/26/2019 2:02 PM

Yep, had the same dream since I was a kid!

Always thought it would be great to organize a race on a closing gulf course. Just put up the ribbon and zero practice before the first moto, just go race and rip up the grass!

Then for moto 2 go out and put up new ribbon so it’s all fresh again!

|

12/26/2019 2:31 PM

Gworm wrote:

Any moto in the neck of your woods? How long does it take you to get to Bella Vista from Monett? Sorry, just thought i would ask since im thinking of relocating there.

|

Did i do that?

12/26/2019 2:48 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/26/2019 2:48 PM

My friend used to buzz the metropark sand trap every now and then. Out his door down a road, down the sledding hill “devils turn” and shizam on the golf course.

Problem is my friend wasn’ t fast enough one day when the mounted rangers just happened to be in the area.

Two things we learned running on bikes from the “ man”
You can’ t outrun a motorolla or a horse.

|

12/26/2019 3:15 PM

Throttle Jockey still sells this decal; a must have for any moto nut https://throttlejockey.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=117

|

12/26/2019 3:36 PM

mb60 wrote:

Never understood why someone would want to ride on a flat piece of property. Maybe I'm just missing the point. Lol

Usually, golf courses aren't very flat. Elevation changes are supposed to be part of the challenge. I'm sure the plain states have some "flatter" courses than other parts of the country, but I'd imagine they still build in elevation as much as possible to make up for the lacking topography

|

12/26/2019 3:49 PM

Gworm wrote:

Travis_Hudson wrote:

Any moto in the neck of your woods? How long does it take you to get to Bella Vista from Monett? Sorry, just thought i would ask since im thinking of relocating there.

It takes about an hour to get to Bella Vista from my house. There is a little bit of moto around. Possum Hollow and Santa Fe Ranch are both about 40 minutes north of me. Santa Fe is fairly new, and nice folks. Possum Hollow has been there since the mid 70's. Emig raced there often on 80's and I'm sure Forkner has spun a few laps there. I know his Dad and Uncle have.

Both are great tracks, but it seems like I'm always out of sync with their schedule.

There used to be another great track in Watts, OK, but they aren't running anymore.

I'm may be moving to AR in the future, and would like to find a place to build my own track, or partner up with someone to build one. There doesn't seem to be much around there anymore.

Where are you thinking of relocating to?

|

12/26/2019 3:54 PM

Gworm wrote:

Travis_Hudson wrote:

Kansas City area has a few tracks.

|

12/26/2019 4:01 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/26/2019 4:06 PM

Gworm wrote:

Travis_Hudson wrote:

rmgsxr wrote:

Yep, I wasn’t thinking that far north... you’ve spun a couple of laps at Possum as well, if I remember right.

In the 80’s, it seemed like half the riders there were from KC

|

12/26/2019 4:34 PM

There is a Kenda full gas sprint enduro on a golf course in West Virginia.
https://www.sprintenduro.com/schedule/round-8-hidden-valley-golf/

|

12/26/2019 4:34 PM

Travis_Hudson wrote:

rmgsxr wrote:

Gworm wrote:

Yep, I wasn’t thinking that far north... you’ve spun a couple of laps at Possum as well, if I remember right.

I was thinking Hudson could relocate to the KC area.

And yes, I did spin a few laps at Possum. Rocks or dust it didn't matter I always had fun. Still see Jr. Possum once in awhile and like to talk old days.

|

12/26/2019 7:07 PM

Gworm wrote:

Travis_Hudson wrote:

I’m in Fayetteville and the drive to Moto kills me. Track in Ft.Smith, Ozark, South of Tulsa, Muskogee, possum. I’m probably missing a couple, but plan on driving 100 miles to get there. With that said, millions are being dumped into NWA to make this a biking and food destination. If I embed this correctly this is a new trail system I rode today in Bella Vista

|

12/26/2019 7:08 PM

The video didn’t work, but it was the trail running along the river and golf course that is probably being discussed.

|

12/26/2019 7:18 PM

Gworm wrote:

Travis_Hudson wrote:

Gworm wrote:

It takes about an hour to get to Bella Vista from my house. There is a little bit of moto around. Possum Hollow and Santa Fe Ranch are both about 40 minutes north of me. Santa Fe is fairly new, and nice folks. Possum Hollow has been there since the mid 70's. Emig raced there often on 80's and I'm sure Forkner has spun a few laps there. I know his Dad and Uncle have.

Both are great tracks, but it seems like I'm always out of sync with their schedule.

There used to be another great track in Watts, OK, but they aren't running anymore.

I'm may be moving to AR in the future, and would like to find a place to build my own track, or partner up with someone to build one. There doesn't seem to be much around there anymore.

Bella vista, Bentonville, and Gravite are all on the map right now. My wife has family there. Thinking of moving at the beginning of summer.

|

Did i do that?

12/26/2019 7:19 PM

Panic_Rev wrote:

The video didn’t work, but it was the trail running along the river and golf course that is probably being discussed.

That looks awesome. Need a track good track in the area!

|

12/26/2019 7:22 PM

Travis_Hudson wrote:

Gworm wrote:

Travis_Hudson wrote:

Bella vista, Bentonville, and Gravite are all on the map right now. My wife has family there. Thinking of moving at the beginning of summer.

My daughter lives in Bentonville. She’s in the middle of a divorce and they have a house for sale.

|

12/26/2019 7:47 PM

rmgsxr wrote:

Gworm wrote:

rmgsxr wrote:

I was thinking Hudson could relocate to the KC area.

And yes, I did spin a few laps at Possum. Rocks or dust it didn't matter I always had fun. Still see Jr. Possum once in awhile and like to talk old days.

I saw Mark at a memorial race for Jerry several years ago. It had been a really long time before that.

|

12/26/2019 7:50 PM

Moto Obsessed wrote:

Throttle Jockey still sells this decal; a must have for any moto nut https://throttlejockey.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=117

Haha! My ol man still has that sticker on both sides of his motovan from back in the early 2000’s

|

12/26/2019 8:28 PM

Gworm wrote:

This is my favorite clip from a moto movie. It's from "Time to Ride" circa 2001 or 2002. I captured it from my original VHS tape many years ago, so forgive the lower quality.

|

12/26/2019 10:27 PM

If your golf courses don't make fun moto, your golf courses suck.

|

Go for it! Don't let a little thing like fear, or common sense hold you back.