Save MX!

Save MX!
Hi everyone, one of the most common topics that keeps being discussed on Vital is the future of the sport, it is something I am very passionate about and I know many of you are too so I started a blog so together we can do something about it. I would love to hear what you think and get your feedback. I plan to post weekly and hopefully we can get some positive discussion going. Lets save MX!

https://savemx.blogspot.ca/

Thanks for your time.
|
mxb2
11/25/2017 2:12pm
Save MX! wrote:
Hi everyone, one of the most common topics that keeps being discussed on Vital is the future of the sport, it is something I am very...
Hi everyone, one of the most common topics that keeps being discussed on Vital is the future of the sport, it is something I am very passionate about and I know many of you are too so I started a blog so together we can do something about it. I would love to hear what you think and get your feedback. I plan to post weekly and hopefully we can get some positive discussion going. Lets save MX!

Thanks for your time.
Attend races, local, pro. Buy bikes, parts etc.
brocster
11/25/2017 2:19pm
Recruit new people. Let them know they can participate without having all the latest and greatest and that they don’t HAVE to jump triples. Push your local track to build beginner/kid and/or vet friendly seperate tracks from their “main” track. From what I have seen that how its done out here in Southern California and seems to work well. Can’t say the moto industry here is hurting, would hate to see the crowds at tracks when it was “thriving”
spacecat
11/25/2017 2:46pm
My finishing position is about the same regardless of what bike I'm on. My 2017 450f? Mid pack. 1995 kx125? Mid pack. You do not need the latest and greatest to ride or race. It does seem however the median age is getting up there. We need more kids to be interested in the sport for it to have a future. Wish I had the answers.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
11/25/2017 2:47pm
Just as an FYI, any member here can blog on their own profile...

The Shop

burn1986
Fantasy
3311th
11/25/2017 5:16pm Edited Date/Time 11/25/2017 5:16pm
Save MX! wrote:
Hi everyone, one of the most common topics that keeps being discussed on Vital is the future of the sport, it is something I am very...

Thanks for your time.
To the OP - You know you're delusional, right?
alien
11/26/2017 12:57pm Edited Date/Time 11/26/2017 12:58pm
In my state of Georgia, racing and dirt bike riding in general are on life support. The subprime mortgage crash ten years ago had a huge impact due to so many racing families being in the construction trade.
There are many factors we could argue are to blame but I think the major reason the practice tracks are closing is the noise issue. The change to four strokes and the nature of their sound waves traveling a longer distance intensified the noise complaints from neighbors near tracks.
With no riding area near home parents are not buying dirt bikes for their kids.
I think the sport can be saved but we have to change our attitude on noise. The Alta may be the future (I would own one if they were cheaper) but for now the factories and aftermarket pipe companies must focus on reducing exhaust sound down to the level of a utility four wheeler. If as much R&D went into muffler technology as suspension and electronics we could be there in short order. If neighbors can't hear you ride they don't care if you ride.
11/26/2017 1:28pm
I can see noise being a problem. What keeps my bike sitting in the garage is the cost of health insurance. At $733 a month, just to pay premiums, I can’t afford to get hurt anymore Blink I need to show up for work!!
JustMX
11/26/2017 4:17pm
Save MX! wrote:

Thanks for your time.
burn1986 wrote:
To the OP - You know you're delusional, right?
At least let him get his first rant in, then we can decide.

I only wish there was some way to filter out everything except new ideas.

Kind of worried it will turn into the same old stuff that has been hashed over and over again.
11/26/2017 6:16pm
Good idea. Glad to see someone doing something about it rather than just crying about it.

Post a reply to: Save MX!

The Latest