Savatgy practicing on a Suzuki

Crossup
10/15/2019 11:40am
cbarber wrote:
okay.. lets compare Benny Blose and Justin Bogle. Blose 25,000 followers on Instagram Bogle 226,000 followers on Instagram who do you pick to represent your product...
okay.. lets compare Benny Blose and Justin Bogle.
Blose 25,000 followers on Instagram
Bogle 226,000 followers on Instagram

who do you pick to represent your product, company, bike etc? 200,000 more eyes is a lot. spin it how you want if you don't think it matters.
I assume that you are talking outdoors because Benny Blose raced the Nationals and finished 12th to Justin Bogle's 9th. It would seem that Bogle had a slightly better year regardless of whether he has 10 times the Instagram followers or not.

Now add Tim Gajser to the mix. 2019 450 World Champion and only has 252,000 followers. I would take him for 450 outdoors in a second. Jorge Prado 250 World Champ has only has 318,000 followers. Between the two they have 570,000 followers. The results speak for themselves.
Texas Built
10/15/2019 12:01pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Hmmm? I wonder if this is where he'll land? Never been a big fan of the guy , but his speed and talent definitely deserve a...
Hmmm? I wonder if this is where he'll land? Never been a big fan of the guy , but his speed and talent definitely deserve a good bike / team under him. Lots of shake up's so far this season.
davistld01 wrote:
He deserves a better bike & team.
Such as?

He should be at KTM, not Bogle (sucky 15th place guy).
cbarber
Fantasy
2028th
10/15/2019 12:27pm
Crossup wrote:
I assume that you are talking outdoors because Benny Blose raced the Nationals and finished 12th to Justin Bogle's 9th. It would seem that Bogle had...
I assume that you are talking outdoors because Benny Blose raced the Nationals and finished 12th to Justin Bogle's 9th. It would seem that Bogle had a slightly better year regardless of whether he has 10 times the Instagram followers or not.

Now add Tim Gajser to the mix. 2019 450 World Champion and only has 252,000 followers. I would take him for 450 outdoors in a second. Jorge Prado 250 World Champ has only has 318,000 followers. Between the two they have 570,000 followers. The results speak for themselves.
you are right, social media has zero impact on riders getting sponsorship and getting paid. it is all based on results. Ask the 722....

The Shop

Crossup
10/15/2019 12:49pm
cbarber wrote:
you are right, social media has zero impact on riders getting sponsorship and getting paid. it is all based on results. Ask the 722....
I never said zero impact, just not a priority over results. Why didn't HEP hire Chad Reed? Reed has 930,000 followers to Adam's 88,000. That's a grand slam right? Reed finished 15th in SX and Adam finished 31st. ..or maybe the team just didn't have the budget?
Jt$
10/15/2019 1:18pm

Only a few hundred thousand different in asking price. No biggie.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
10/15/2019 2:43pm
Crossup wrote:
I just did a quick look at riders and their Instagram followers. If I were building an race team, I would want to consider this for...
I just did a quick look at riders and their Instagram followers. If I were building an race team, I would want to consider this for sure. The top 10 SX riders are listed, other riders and some retirees.

Interesting that the Crtwotwo guy has almost the highest following for an active rider, but not signed to any team. I heard he is not available. I hear he is renting a van and bought a Honda from a from a local dealer.

Not so sure about that Cooperwebb2 or that Jeffrey_Herlings84 guy.

Uncleronnie69 looks like a winner! Anyone know his number? Believe the Hype! (Maybe I will make some T-shirts)

haha!!

cbarber wrote:
okay.. lets compare Benny Blose and Justin Bogle. Blose 25,000 followers on Instagram Bogle 226,000 followers on Instagram who do you pick to represent your product...
okay.. lets compare Benny Blose and Justin Bogle.
Blose 25,000 followers on Instagram
Bogle 226,000 followers on Instagram

who do you pick to represent your product, company, bike etc? 200,000 more eyes is a lot. spin it how you want if you don't think it matters.
Who's Benny Blose??
haydos25
Fantasy
3325th
10/15/2019 2:52pm

Jt$ wrote:
Only a few hundred thousand different in asking price. No biggie.
Yeah exactly. And Joey should just throw that gear/helmet/goggle deal he's got in the bin as well. After all this isn't a business or anything.
davistld01
10/16/2019 6:25am
jeffro503 wrote:
Hmmm? I wonder if this is where he'll land? Never been a big fan of the guy , but his speed and talent definitely deserve a...
Hmmm? I wonder if this is where he'll land? Never been a big fan of the guy , but his speed and talent definitely deserve a good bike / team under him. Lots of shake up's so far this season.
davistld01 wrote:
Such as?
When has JGR finished on the podium? When has One of their riders finished top-5? You guys are better with stats than I am...

When is the last time a Suzuki been on the podium? When is the last time it’s finished top-5?

My argument is that despite all the “build whatever they want” hype that JGR has had, and no matter their ability to “buy talent”...they’ve never quite gotten it done. And no matter how “factory” their Suzuki’s are...it’s still old tech with bold new graphics. JGR has become the last stop for a rider on the way to a support team ride...and Joey is a helluva lot faster & talented than that. He’s young, with lots of years in front of him, and I just don’t see JGR or Suzuki as his optimal platform to chase a championship with, that’s all.
DonM
10/16/2019 7:05am
davistld01 wrote:
Such as?
davistld01 wrote:
When has JGR finished on the podium? When has One of their riders finished top-5? You guys are better with stats than I am... When is...
When has JGR finished on the podium? When has One of their riders finished top-5? You guys are better with stats than I am...

When is the last time a Suzuki been on the podium? When is the last time it’s finished top-5?

My argument is that despite all the “build whatever they want” hype that JGR has had, and no matter their ability to “buy talent”...they’ve never quite gotten it done. And no matter how “factory” their Suzuki’s are...it’s still old tech with bold new graphics. JGR has become the last stop for a rider on the way to a support team ride...and Joey is a helluva lot faster & talented than that. He’s young, with lots of years in front of him, and I just don’t see JGR or Suzuki as his optimal platform to chase a championship with, that’s all.
Detroit 2019.....Reed, AMart...2019 top 5 east SX (his best SX season)
Pieck has been just outside the top 5 in SX (6th twice)
2016 both Barcia and Nicoletti finished top 5 in MX (Roczen won on a Suz) the Justin Hill experiment didn't work and he won't find the magic just because he's on a different team...he will have flashes along with unexplainable poor results...

Joey will be competitive on a Suzuki in 2020...For the same money where exactly was Joey supposed to go to get the better bike and team?? And to think he is going to "chase a championship" on any team is little optimistic

The sport needs teams like JGR, without them it will suffer...fewer rides is never a good thing.
10/16/2019 7:38am Edited Date/Time 10/16/2019 7:38am
davistld01 wrote:
Such as?
davistld01 wrote:
When has JGR finished on the podium? When has One of their riders finished top-5? You guys are better with stats than I am... When is...

This year
Johnny Ringo
10/16/2019 7:44am
davistld01 wrote:
Such as?
davistld01 wrote:

You say you aren’t good with stats but your post would indicate you don’t even watch the races.

Post a reply to: Savatgy practicing on a Suzuki

The Latest