Savatgy or AC?

King KTM
Having seen Savatgy ride in his first year on a 450 would you pick AC or Savatgy as the second rider for your team?
|
thorns
5/5/2019 3:32pm
AC simply because he may turn out to be great on the 450. Savtagy has been good this year, but I think hes a podium guy at best, not a potential race winner. AC may have a higher ceiling IMO.

Also, the publicity AC brings to a team is another big bonus
Stoneface
5/5/2019 4:27pm
Find a way to keep both. Savatgy fits that KX perfectly and could be a contender next year. Really hope JS has a good outdoor season.
Rickyisms
5/5/2019 4:36pm
I'd love to see Savatgy on the KX again. I am really impressed with how well he did this year and there's only room for improvement for him.
kb228
5/5/2019 4:41pm
With AC not winning this title, he only brings publicity to the team. Kawi has invested in AC way more than they have savatgy. Have to go with AC based on those two things.

The Shop

agn5009
5/5/2019 5:04pm
thorns wrote:
AC simply because he may turn out to be great on the 450. Savtagy has been good this year, but I think hes a podium guy...
AC simply because he may turn out to be great on the 450. Savtagy has been good this year, but I think hes a podium guy at best, not a potential race winner. AC may have a higher ceiling IMO.

What exactly makes you think AC has a higher ceiling? The fact that he continuously disappoints? Seriously, how many 450 champions haven’t been able to win a lites title? 0 I would imagine.

I love AC and I’m still upset about last night but I can’t figure out for the life of me why people believe he will be a front runner on 450s. Look at the guys who battle for wins and championships. Tomac, Webb, Musquin, Roczen and Anderson. They’ve all won lites titles. They all have that championship formula. Like I said, I love AC and I wanted him to win so bad last night. But he didn’t. He hasn’t proven he can win titles yet. I hope that changes in the near future. With that being said, Savatgy is in the same boat. He had a fantastic rookie sx season and I hope he can take that next step.

Here’s my prediction for the two: They both get some podiums with a few wins sprinkled in there throughout their careers. Neither ever actually get a 450 title but they have good careers. Something similar to that of Barcias career. I hope I’m wrong.

thorns
5/5/2019 5:19pm
thorns wrote:
AC simply because he may turn out to be great on the 450. Savtagy has been good this year, but I think hes a podium guy...

agn5009 wrote:
What exactly makes you think AC has a higher ceiling? The fact that he continuously disappoints? Seriously, how many 450 champions haven’t been able to win...
What exactly makes you think AC has a higher ceiling? The fact that he continuously disappoints? Seriously, how many 450 champions haven’t been able to win a lites title? 0 I would imagine.

I love AC and I’m still upset about last night but I can’t figure out for the life of me why people believe he will be a front runner on 450s. Look at the guys who battle for wins and championships. Tomac, Webb, Musquin, Roczen and Anderson. They’ve all won lites titles. They all have that championship formula. Like I said, I love AC and I wanted him to win so bad last night. But he didn’t. He hasn’t proven he can win titles yet. I hope that changes in the near future. With that being said, Savatgy is in the same boat. He had a fantastic rookie sx season and I hope he can take that next step.

Here’s my prediction for the two: They both get some podiums with a few wins sprinkled in there throughout their careers. Neither ever actually get a 450 title but they have good careers. Something similar to that of Barcias career. I hope I’m wrong.

My gut feels he has more raw speed. Yes he continues to disappoint and throw races (and a title) away but I would say the same with Savatgy so they are a draw in that sense. JS has had a great year considering every one wrote him off, but still made quite a few mistakes throwing away some good results (and a few unlucky mechanicals).

I agree they will probably have careers like Barcia, good, but not champions, but I just feel for the question posed by the OP, who would hire as a SECOND rider, I would punt on AC over JS if I was a team manager/owner.

deanwhite51
Fantasy
2582nd
5/5/2019 5:50pm
Savatgy.. What has AC got that Savatgy hasn't? Savatgy has done everything possibly even more then what Kawi had asked or expected from him.

There is no reason at all for AC to have the ride over Savatgy.
agn5009
5/5/2019 5:55pm
thorns wrote:

agn5009 wrote:
What exactly makes you think AC has a higher ceiling? The fact that he continuously disappoints? Seriously, how many 450 champions haven’t been able to win...

thorns wrote:
My gut feels he has more raw speed. Yes he continues to disappoint and throw races (and a title) away but I would say the same...
My gut feels he has more raw speed. Yes he continues to disappoint and throw races (and a title) away but I would say the same with Savatgy so they are a draw in that sense. JS has had a great year considering every one wrote him off, but still made quite a few mistakes throwing away some good results (and a few unlucky mechanicals).

I agree they will probably have careers like Barcia, good, but not champions, but I just feel for the question posed by the OP, who would hire as a SECOND rider, I would punt on AC over JS if I was a team manager/owner.

Gotcha. The only reason AC may be more desirable is because he’s more popular and does his podcast thing. Other than that, what Savatgy has done this year is more impressive than what AC has done in my opinion.
mb60
5/5/2019 6:23pm
What gets me in the discussion is the higher ceiling of the rider. Take for instance Blose or Reed deserves a factory ride. You hire a ride with a chance of winning and not riding around in 6th to 10th. AC has a higher ceiling then JS17 anyday. You hire to Tomac,Roczen to win. Webb was hired to ride with MM25 and he surprised everyone. Now Marv will be looking for a new ride next year. AC92 can win on the 450 and JS17 can't in my honest opinion.
5/5/2019 6:36pm
Savatgy and AC both threw away titles and wins on 250's. I THINK if Adam can back it down/change his approach he can be a winner. Champion? I don't think so. However, I feel that Joey has just as much potential to win races as Adam does. I'd say field the three riders for a season and see what happens.
RG1
5/6/2019 3:25am
100% Savatgy. As impressive a debut 450 season as I’ve seen in a while. He already has the ride and has shown he can mix it with the best in that class.

Post a reply to: Savatgy or AC?

The Latest