Savatgy onboard Camera

Related:
Create New Tag

6/19/2021 8:08 AM

Toss that thing in the dumpster.

|

6/19/2021 8:17 AM

crowe660 wrote:

Toss that thing in the dumpster.

Whatever they spent on that , it was too much.

Who would have through the plate would vibrate...

|

6/19/2021 8:18 AM

crowe660 wrote:

Toss that thing in the dumpster.

Why? It’s something new they are trying. People are so quick to bash on something that doesn’t work the first time these days. Rome wasn’t built over night, give them some time to tweak it…

|

Chuck Norris is the reason why Waldo is hiding.

6/19/2021 8:27 AM

It seemed like I was watching a helmet cam from ABC's Wide World of Sports.

|

Before responding to any post, consider these three things...
1. Context!
2. Context!
3. Context!

6/19/2021 8:28 AM

Let's hope they won't show the onboard instead of the actual start.

|

6/19/2021 9:13 AM

crowe660 wrote:

Toss that thing in the dumpster.

Jordan421 wrote:

Why? It’s something new they are trying. People are so quick to bash on something that doesn’t work the first time these days. ...more

Yeah, maybe they could have tested it BEFORE using it.
But what do I know...

|

6/19/2021 9:20 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/19/2021 9:21 AM

crowe660 wrote:

Toss that thing in the dumpster.

Jordan421 wrote:

Why? It’s something new they are trying. People are so quick to bash on something that doesn’t work the first time these days. ...more

ZOBITO wrote:

Yeah, maybe they could have tested it BEFORE using it.
But what do I know...

It might have worked decent during test, but adding it to a live feed with thousands of people in the area for the first time is a test of it own.

|

Chuck Norris is the reason why Waldo is hiding.

6/19/2021 9:22 AM

ZOBITO wrote:

Yeah, maybe they could have tested it BEFORE using it.
But what do I know...

They apparently tested it yesterday during amateur racing.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

6/19/2021 9:33 AM

Was it as good?
tongue

|

6/19/2021 10:22 AM

Live cameras on Carmichael looked better than Savatgy's... I feel like it's not even a gopro because it has little to no image stabilization. I liked the helicopter camera from two years ago.

|

6/19/2021 10:31 AM

Image stabilization was rough and the camera was aimed to high. Felt like I was watching the sky mostly but I'm ok with them trying something new.

|

6/19/2021 11:05 AM

Photo
|

6/20/2021 9:34 AM

Photo
|

6/20/2021 6:41 PM

Helmet cams BAD, Number Plate cams GOOD

|

Alright Lunger, Let's Do It

6/21/2021 8:23 AM

I think they should do some testing with live drone footage. Follow the riders around the track for an awesome viewpoint and perspective. Set the altitude minimum 100 feet higher than the highest spot on the track. They are doing this for GNCC's and working well

|

6/21/2021 9:26 AM

I don’t think that position will ever work out. Way too many negatives to positives. Vibration from plastic, dirt flying right into the camera, non stop movement of the handlebars.

Here’s the ironic part. Take the camera off the helmets(which does make sense), but we add a wooden fenced wall berm🤣. It’s all about the safety haha. With that said, that wall berm is awesome and always has provided great pictures and racing.

|

6/21/2021 9:43 AM

Roostermx58 wrote:

I think they should do some testing with live drone footage. Follow the riders around the track for an awesome viewpoint and ...more

Would be awesome to get sponsors more airtime.

|

6/21/2021 5:36 PM

Racer142 wrote:

Image stabilization was rough and the camera was aimed to high. Felt like I was watching the sky mostly but I'm ok with them ...more

Did they not test that thing before Saturday? It was almost as horrendous as the broadcast production 🙃

|