Savatgy jumping on red

mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
Edited Date/Time 5/8/2016 10:35am
Anyone see on lap two? I saw it plain as day on tv. When Martin went down and the lights were on. Will the AMA do their job?
|
shiftmx_22
Fantasy
629th
5/7/2016 9:47pm
I saw it, wondered the same thing. At least Savatgy didn't win the championship. That would have been a tough one.
MxKing809
Fantasy
334th
5/7/2016 9:47pm
Only if he had more points than Cooper. They usually don't enforce rules unless it changes things in the Big Picture.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
5/7/2016 9:49pm
MxKing809 wrote:
Only if he had more points than Cooper. They usually don't enforce rules unless it changes things in the Big Picture.
Then shouldn't they have let dungey off the hook?

The way I see it rules are rules right?

The Shop

mb
5/7/2016 10:01pm
Anyone have a clip?
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
5/7/2016 10:41pm

You can see the lights were on before he got there.
zehn
5/7/2016 10:54pm Edited Date/Time 5/7/2016 10:55pm
I don't know, it's kind of a judgement call on this one. Had the track been dry and all that, I could see them penalizing him. With it being as muddy as it was there was no way he could have slowed in time safely. Not to mention there was no flagger visible on the takeoff.

I'm not defending Savatgy, that's just how I see it.
cjg23307
5/7/2016 11:00pm
Monster athlete he won't be penalized! Gallagher has to go ASAP!
The Rock
5/7/2016 11:45pm
MxKing809 wrote:
Like Dungey's penalty? That changed so much in the Big Picture.........not.

Feel free to criticize/offer your opinion but please try to do better than a random comment with no basis.
The Rock
5/7/2016 11:48pm
cjg23307 wrote:
Monster athlete he won't be penalized! Gallagher has to go ASAP!
Gallagher works for the FIM not Feld or Monster. Your post couldn't be any further off the mark.
Crush
5/8/2016 1:11am
MxKing809 wrote:
The Rock wrote:
Like Dungey's penalty? That changed so much in the Big Picture.........not. Feel free to criticize/offer your opinion but please try to do better than a random...

Feel free to criticize/offer your opinion but please try to do better than a random comment with no basis.
Don't get me started.

Anderson, Dungey, Alessi, Savatgy... let's see.
Katoomey
5/8/2016 6:29am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Anyone see on lap two? I saw it plain as day on tv. When Martin went down and the lights were on. Will the AMA do...
Anyone see on lap two? I saw it plain as day on tv. When Martin went down and the lights were on. Will the AMA do their job?
Just like officiating any other sport, errors are acceptable. So, accept them. It's all part of it.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
5/8/2016 7:41am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Anyone see on lap two? I saw it plain as day on tv. When Martin went down and the lights were on. Will the AMA do...
Katoomey wrote:
Just like officiating any other sport, errors are acceptable. So, accept them. It's all part of it.
I understand errors every once in a while, but what about them docking dungey for jumping on a Red Cross flag but not docking Anderson and grant? Or when rch had video of Alessi jumping on a Red Cross flag but AMA/FIM decided not to do anything about it? you can't just pick and choose when you want to enforce the rules.
jhansen510
Fantasy
3600th
5/8/2016 8:11am
You guys and this red light/flag shit. It's so cut and dry from the couch because it looks easy from the couch. What you don't realize is on a real SX track the jumps are closer to the turns than they look on tv. They are way steeper and closer together. The amount of concentration it takes for these elite guys to navigate these tracks is beyond comprehension for the average folk here. To anyone who has ridden on a sx track you can easily understand that it's very possibly to miss a flag or light on accident. Or be committed and have to jump to make sure you don't get hurt by trying to pull out at the last second.
pbody
Fantasy
320th
5/8/2016 8:31am
What jhansen510 said.....
Plain and simple, he was committed to the jump at the time the lights started flashing. It was impossible to roll. Even dry would've been more impossible as he would've been going faster in order to triple.
bobby397
5/8/2016 8:38am
Rules are rules.... if you enforce it on one rider, needs to be enforced on everyone
Crush
5/8/2016 8:46am
jhansen510 wrote:
You guys and this red light/flag shit. It's so cut and dry from the couch because it looks easy from the couch. What you don't realize...
You guys and this red light/flag shit. It's so cut and dry from the couch because it looks easy from the couch. What you don't realize is on a real SX track the jumps are closer to the turns than they look on tv. They are way steeper and closer together. The amount of concentration it takes for these elite guys to navigate these tracks is beyond comprehension for the average folk here. To anyone who has ridden on a sx track you can easily understand that it's very possibly to miss a flag or light on accident. Or be committed and have to jump to make sure you don't get hurt by trying to pull out at the last second.
All of which is fine and valid, but under the current rules should not effect how they are enforced.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
5/8/2016 8:53am
bobby397 wrote:
Rules are rules.... if you enforce it on one rider, needs to be enforced on everyone
Agreed
NotCore
5/8/2016 8:58am
The Rock wrote:
Like Dungey's penalty? That changed so much in the Big Picture.........not. Feel free to criticize/offer your opinion but please try to do better than a random...

Taking away a win is definitely a big picture change, and a $100k penalty for a specific rider. That's a big deal. The AMA is not ignorant of the implication of their policies.

For those that talk about the mitigating circumstances...they are irrelevant. There were mitigating circumstances with Dungey's case, and mitigating circumstances with every case. That screenshot above is objective fact, and proof that once again the AMA is being inconsistent in applying the rules.

For the record, I don't think anyone should lose a win over something like this.
NotCore
5/8/2016 9:03am
jhansen510 wrote:
You guys and this red light/flag shit. It's so cut and dry from the couch because it looks easy from the couch. What you don't realize...
I completely agree with this. The rules (and penalties) are flawed, but the bigger picture issue is are they going to consistently apply the rules they have in place, or selectively consider mitigating circumstances based on the outcome, the impact to the rider, the team, the sponsors, the conditions on the track, etc.

Right now, the rules, the penalties, and the enforcement are one big clusterf#%€
5/8/2016 9:21am
zehn wrote:
I don't know, it's kind of a judgement call on this one. Had the track been dry and all that, I could see them penalizing him...
I don't know, it's kind of a judgement call on this one. Had the track been dry and all that, I could see them penalizing him. With it being as muddy as it was there was no way he could have slowed in time safely. Not to mention there was no flagger visible on the takeoff.

I'm not defending Savatgy, that's just how I see it.
100% It was either send it on the red flag or get hurt trying to stop
5/8/2016 9:23am
Rules are rules but penalties are at the officials discretion, so it's not cut and dry the the same offence will receive the same penalty when circumstances are factored in, anyone that rides would understand that.

Post a reply to: Savatgy jumping on red

The Latest