Savatgy/Kawi

Related:
Create New Tag

8/28/2018 1:10 PM

Mookie really...GTFO

|

8/28/2018 1:14 PM

Isn't Grant Staying with Kawi as a test rider? Been multiple sources say he is an excellent test rider and will help with development. Think people forgot how important of a position that is. Can't always expect the riders training nonstop to be able to test and develop parts and combinations. If he does stay with Kawi seems like a great choice for both.

|

8/28/2018 1:15 PM

Like somebody said earlier, Savatgy will be like Grant...but without the injuries. I see him as a helluva lot better second banana than Grant was for Tomac, or even better than Weimer was for Poto.

|

8/28/2018 1:18 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/28/2018 1:18 PM

jevyguy wrote: Photo

cheers_22 wrote:

Stupid move by Kawi

TommyLee93 wrote:

Why do think it is a terrible move?

He hasn’t proven anything in the 250 class. Yeah he’s won a few races. But if he can’t keep his head straight in the little bike class why would Factory Kawi think that is just going to change moving up to the premiere class? Kawi has pulled some incredibly questionable moves when it comes to their 2nd rider the past 10 years or so.

|

8/28/2018 1:27 PM

Here's my 2 cents about this move. They are moving a rider out of the lites class who has showed a great deal of success throught his career. Joey gets a chance to reset himself and focus on climbing his way up the ladder in the 450 class rather than get back to the spot he once held in the 250 class. And Kawasaki gets to continue to work with a rider who they have invested a great deal of money in.

|

I don't crash, I just run out of talent

8/28/2018 1:32 PM

He’s riding here at Pala. They are working on his bike as we speak. Photo

|

amateurs practice untill they get it right. pros practice untill they cant get it wrong.

8/28/2018 1:42 PM

mattyhamz2 wrote:

I hope he proves me wrong, but I see him being a 7-10 place guy. Good for Joey though

Bike looks sweet!

7-10...I think that's what Kawasaki is looking for...kinda. That means he's finishing above a lot of the veterns... doubt it.

|

8/28/2018 1:46 PM

I’m all about giving guys a shot.

|

8/28/2018 2:42 PM

It really seems like Pro Circuit backed their motors down so they wouldn’t blow up!

|

8/28/2018 2:58 PM

NJKawi913 wrote:

Here's my 2 cents about this move. They are moving a rider out of the lites class who has showed a great deal of success throught his career. Joey gets a chance to reset himself and focus on climbing his way up the ladder in the 450 class rather than get back to the spot he once held in the 250 class. And Kawasaki gets to continue to work with a rider who they have invested a great deal of money in.

Agreed. That's a solid $.02 IMO.

|

BT20 👉 02/20/20 👉#TICKLETIMEBITCHES

8/28/2018 3:04 PM

Kawi should've consulted with Vital before his signing. We know things.

|

8/28/2018 3:05 PM

dean122 wrote:

Kawi should've consulted with Vital before his signing. We know things.

Damn straight!!!

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @hamdaddyof2 & @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

8/28/2018 3:08 PM

MrKnowNothing wrote:

So the guy mails it in all season and is rewarded with a factory ride?

TDeath21 wrote:

Exactly. 9th overall without missing any races in what is essentially the minor league division of US MX is not top tier factory rider material when moving up to the premier division. I just don’t understand this at all. He very well could be missing a lot of races due to not qualifying and I think we will see him in the LCQ a decent amount this year.

9th would be good for a rookie or privateer, but a 6th year pro on a factory level ride should do better in the junior class.

|

8/28/2018 3:29 PM

mattyhamz2 wrote:

I hope he proves me wrong, but I see him being a 7-10 place guy. Good for Joey though

Bike looks sweet!

That's better than I think he'll do, I'm sure he'd be happy if he could finish in that region

|

8/28/2018 4:16 PM

jlchapman117 wrote:

He’s riding here at Pala. They are working on his bike as we speak. Photo

How did he look out there?

|

8/28/2018 4:20 PM

The next Will Hahn of 450 riders

|

8/28/2018 4:20 PM

TDeath21 wrote:

I don't get this signing at all. Top 15 at best.

early wrote:

Who would you get?

Buckland wrote:

Mookie. Give him a one year deal with a full off-season of factory resources and an opportunity to ride both SX and MX. He'd have his chance to prove the doubters wrong (or right), without excuse.

If you're Kawi you already have the champion contender, why not get a fan favorite who at worst case provides moments of pure excitement and at best becomes a contender with a real program. Instead you get a guy who will likely get comparable results, and brings no off track excitement.

By all accounts the '19 Kawi is a good bike. If Mookie's asking price is too high or he rejects a one year, or non SX-only deal that's on him.

So you'd rather Kawasaki sign a guy who's only finished inside the top 10 (overall) five times in his career, over a guy who's only finished outside to top 10 twice? That makes zero sense, and I like Mookie a lot more than I like Savatgy.

|

8/28/2018 4:27 PM

TDeath21 wrote:

I don't get this signing at all. Top 15 at best.

early wrote:

Who would you get?

TDeath21 wrote:

I’d rather have Tomac go solo than sign Savatgy. I just don’t think top 15 is worth a top factory ride.

And that’s why you’re posting on vital and not running a team, dumbass

|

Alright Lunger, Let's Do It

8/28/2018 4:29 PM

Buckland wrote:

Mookie. Give him a one year deal with a full off-season of factory resources and an opportunity to ride both SX and MX. He'd have his chance to prove the doubters wrong (or right), without excuse.

If you're Kawi you already have the champion contender, why not get a fan favorite who at worst case provides moments of pure excitement and at best becomes a contender with a real program. Instead you get a guy who will likely get comparable results, and brings no off track excitement.

By all accounts the '19 Kawi is a good bike. If Mookie's asking price is too high or he rejects a one year, or non SX-only deal that's on him.

So Savatgy is no good, but you want Mookie? You should look up some stats. I would be shocked if Malcolm beats Savatgy in points next season.

|

8/28/2018 4:35 PM

early wrote:

Who would you get?

Buckland wrote:

Sully wrote:

So you'd rather Kawasaki sign a guy who's only finished inside the top 10 (overall) five times in his career, over a guy who's only finished outside to top 10 twice? That makes zero sense, and I like Mookie a lot more than I like Savatgy.

Joey is going to be a rookie to the 450 class and history will tell you that the first year in that class has a steep learning curve. Mookie doesn’t miss races because of injuries and he is getting better, so I think Mookie has him covered for next year.

|

8/28/2018 4:57 PM

All the Mookie nut-swingers crack me up. The guy can't even make it to the first round of SX on his own, 2 years in a row. And he comes in unfit. WTF? He has loads of talent but he at least needs to pretend he's fully interested in racing, not just treating like a hobby. Say what you will about Savatgy, but he's certainly not afraid to do the work.

As for JG, at some point the clock runs out. The guy has been rolling factory rides since 2009, and he's barely managed to finish a single series without getting injured. He's immensely talented, but eventually all the "potential" starts to be overridden by age and injury.

|

Old MXer turned Superfan.

8/28/2018 5:26 PM

He's really going to have to jive with that 450 to ride past Tomac, Roczen, Musquin, Barcia. Not to mention Plessinger, Webb and Osbourne.

Damn 450's are gonna be legit next season!

|

2019 TX300
'10 200 XC-w

8/28/2018 5:34 PM

Trudare69 wrote:

I honestly think the 17 on a 450 will surprise the doubters......

hamncheeze wrote:

I agree. And if you look at his 250 career it is very similar to Cole Seely, only Joey has been much better outdoors. And no one here would bag on Cole Seely as a 450 rider.

His 250 career was better than Seely's, IMO.

Good signing by Kawi.

|

"Stewart is the very last of a generation raised on 2-strokes so, naturally, he's going to have more skills than all these 4stroke kids coming up today." - Spotted Marley

8/28/2018 5:47 PM

Hcallz5 wrote:

He's really going to have to jive with that 450 to ride past Tomac, Roczen, Musquin, Barcia. Not to mention Plessinger, Webb and Osbourne.

Damn 450's are gonna be legit next season!

Don’t forget Anderson. Bagget Brayton and hopefully Hill

|

A big Thank you to FLY racing. OMA KTM. 100%. DT-1 Motorex and Bell helmets . Racing for you JG96

8/28/2018 5:53 PM

Coming to a 15th place near you..

|

Realtor/ Moto dad/ from Sacramento CA —> Coeur d’Alene ID

8/28/2018 6:11 PM

Will he stay in CA or go elsewhere to train? Possibly pull a JMart and go to Cortez?

I don't think it's that bad of a move. There aren't many (any?) sure things this year. Joey is at least consistent over the years and does show signs of speed.

|

8/28/2018 6:12 PM

early wrote:

Who would you get?

Filthy Phil all day.

|

8/28/2018 6:19 PM

Savatgy was a few points away from being a 2x 250 Champ. I think he can surprise some people.

|

8/28/2018 6:33 PM

I am thinking it was a good move for Kawasaki and for Savatgy.

|

8/28/2018 7:01 PM

LungButter wrote:

Filthy Phil all day.

Phil would be a better choice than Mookie in my opinion, but his (Phil's) Supercross game isn't as good as Savatgy's.

|