Savatgy/Grant

Crush
7/12/2018 10:33pm
kkawboy14 wrote:
Savatgy is gonna roll like Hill on a 450
There is zero proof of this.
To be fair, Joey doesn't over ride a bike, so there is potential that he does well.... but the flip side of that, is even in Amateurs he's never been "the" guy... He's good no doubt, but all the mistakes the last couple years aren't exactly confidence inspiring, and it's not like they've been while he's tearing ass 30 seconds up the track.
JSM 69
7/13/2018 3:38am
Grant any day over savatchy, grant had a solid sx season going, he's as good as anyone when he's on, anybody remember the GP at Glenn Hellen? He has the talent just lacks consistency but as we sore with brayton, you never know when it's time to start winning. JG33 all the way
struth
7/13/2018 4:13am
It's not 2009 grants best days r behind him .
Just put Joey on the 450 now.
agn5009
7/13/2018 8:51pm
JSM 69 wrote:
Grant any day over savatchy, grant had a solid sx season going, he's as good as anyone when he's on, anybody remember the GP at Glenn...
Grant any day over savatchy, grant had a solid sx season going, he's as good as anyone when he's on, anybody remember the GP at Glenn Hellen? He has the talent just lacks consistency but as we sore with brayton, you never know when it's time to start winning. JG33 all the way
That was a long time ago in Moto years.

The Shop

milliebays
7/13/2018 10:33pm
savatgy just needs some guidance that works for him. he could be solid on a 450.
downard254
7/14/2018 5:08am
Crush wrote:
To be fair, Joey doesn't over ride a bike, so there is potential that he does well.... but the flip side of that, is even in...
To be fair, Joey doesn't over ride a bike, so there is potential that he does well.... but the flip side of that, is even in Amateurs he's never been "the" guy... He's good no doubt, but all the mistakes the last couple years aren't exactly confidence inspiring, and it's not like they've been while he's tearing ass 30 seconds up the track.
Let’s not forget the name of another rider who never was “the” guy in amateurs. Dungey. Ryan wasn’t really even dominant in 250’s, but he sure did well on the 450. Joey. Outdoor be another one of “those” guys. Two more that come to mind are the Hill brothers. Both of them ride 450’s better than they do 250’s.
Travis_Hudson
Fantasy
1006th
7/14/2018 6:43am Edited Date/Time 7/14/2018 10:11pm
He will have to learn how too stay on two wheels if he wants to do anything on the 450.
KennyT
Fantasy
479th
7/14/2018 7:00am
kkawboy14 wrote:
Savatgy is gonna roll like Hill on a 450
Don’t you mean hell? Damn spellcheck gets me too
shredder22
7/14/2018 7:54am
downard254 wrote:
Let’s not forget the name of another rider who never was “the” guy in amateurs. Dungey. Ryan wasn’t really even dominant in 250’s, but he sure...
Let’s not forget the name of another rider who never was “the” guy in amateurs. Dungey. Ryan wasn’t really even dominant in 250’s, but he sure did well on the 450. Joey. Outdoor be another one of “those” guys. Two more that come to mind are the Hill brothers. Both of them ride 450’s better than they do 250’s.
Didnt Ryan Dungey win a 250 MX title and a 250 sx title?? That's more than Joey did. Not a good comparison at all
aroark247
7/14/2018 9:29am
WarrenMX wrote:
I'm not really a Savatgy fan but common, when the dude is on he's pretty quick. Granted he has buckled under the pressure at times but...
I'm not really a Savatgy fan but common, when the dude is on he's pretty quick. Granted he has buckled under the pressure at times but he's also straight up crushed the field and gone 1-1 in a stacked class.

I don't think they expect him to win a championship but I think he could sneak in podiums on the right day.

As for Bogle being a better pick, seriously? The guy is currently hovering around mid pack. And this bullshit about needing time to get up to race pace, Ferrandis just proved all those donkeys wrong.

Bogle has a championship Savatgy does not. Bogle won multiple outdoor moto's last year and 1 overall against a dominant Tomac and a surging Musquin. Bogle is way more marketable than Savatgy (who is more polarizing).
downard254
7/15/2018 5:01am
downard254 wrote:
Let’s not forget the name of another rider who never was “the” guy in amateurs. Dungey. Ryan wasn’t really even dominant in 250’s, but he sure...
shredder22 wrote:
Didnt Ryan Dungey win a 250 MX title and a 250 sx title?? That's more than Joey did. Not a good comparison at all
Unless you factor in that Dungey may not have won the outdoor title if the points leader Pourcel didn’t have the issues he had at the end of the outdoor season, and how many times has Joey had mechanical issues with his Kawi. I’d say it’s actually a pretty good comparison. Remember too that the primary comment was how their amateur status went. Tell me again Ryan’s amateur accomplishments.
Crush
7/15/2018 6:09am
downard254 wrote:
Unless you factor in that Dungey may not have won the outdoor title if the points leader Pourcel didn’t have the issues he had at the...
Unless you factor in that Dungey may not have won the outdoor title if the points leader Pourcel didn’t have the issues he had at the end of the outdoor season, and how many times has Joey had mechanical issues with his Kawi. I’d say it’s actually a pretty good comparison. Remember too that the primary comment was how their amateur status went. Tell me again Ryan’s amateur accomplishments.
Wasn't about Joey's amateur career, more that he's never been the absolute standout at any point.

Yes Dungey wasn't the man in Amateurs, but he got picked by one.... then won his first SX, probably should be a two time 250SX champ to go with that national title and he also handled RV quite a few times in that class.

Joey also has had some great rides and is definitely capable, who knows how it'll go. Fuck he's battling now though.
WeiserGuy
7/15/2018 6:40am
If I'm Joey Savatgy I make my way back to Hooters and apologize to that waitress. Then I make her a cash offer for the voodoo doll.
FroDiddy
7/15/2018 11:27am
aroark247 wrote:
Personally I'd lean more towards Wilson, Bogle or Seely (if he does return). But that's just my opinion.
There's more potential with Savatgy.

We already know what the other 3 guys are.
7/15/2018 2:02pm
slumpstone wrote:
Haters gonna hate.
Dads gonna dad. Probably not a great thread for you to be reading.

I will say that I'm excited to have rookies moving up again. The rookies are always interesting to keep an eye on throughout the season and that storyline has been missing this year.
Gandorlf
7/16/2018 3:16am
downard254 wrote:
shredder22 wrote:
downard254 wrote:
Unless you factor in that Dungey may not have won the outdoor title if the points leader Pourcel didn’t have the issues he had at the...
+1 Ryan's brother was more successful and had a lot of attention from top teams. If Jade didn't get hurt Roger probably would never have given Ryan a shot. But who knows.
gt80rider
7/16/2018 8:45am
kage173 wrote:
Yeah I don't know about picking Savatgy. There are champions without 450 rides. I hope he makes the best of it and turns things around. It's...
Yeah I don't know about picking Savatgy. There are champions without 450 rides. I hope he makes the best of it and turns things around. It's been a bad year for him.
Ya, Joey hauls ass and has all the attributes to be a champion other than one- his mental side. He doesn't bring a lot of fans with him, he is what he is, an affordable "second" rider.
Trudare69
7/16/2018 8:55am
I hope Joey ends up reading this thread and uses it to fuel the fire.....I have a feeling he'll have better results on the 450
7/16/2018 9:07am
kage173 wrote:
Yeah I don't know about picking Savatgy. There are champions without 450 rides. I hope he makes the best of it and turns things around. It's...
Yeah I don't know about picking Savatgy. There are champions without 450 rides. I hope he makes the best of it and turns things around. It's been a bad year for him.
gt80rider wrote:
Ya, Joey hauls ass and has all the attributes to be a champion other than one- his mental side. He doesn't bring a lot of fans...
Ya, Joey hauls ass and has all the attributes to be a champion other than one- his mental side. He doesn't bring a lot of fans with him, he is what he is, an affordable "second" rider.
Agreed. Joey's mindset seems to be his biggest hurdle these days (along with some SERIOUSLY strange bad luck). He's shown flashes of brilliance and speed so all the negatives must be extra frustrating for him and the PC team. I think a new training program, a good therapist and a visit to the village witch doctor to clear out all his bad juju would be a good place to start, lol.
aroark247
7/20/2018 9:00am
slumpstone wrote:
Haters gonna hate.
Well it sounds like he will get a chance to prove us wrong. I wish well for your boy, hopefully he makes the best of it.
langhammx
Fantasy
323rd
7/20/2018 9:08am
Forty wrote:
I'd do Grant another year if he's healthy.
agn5009 wrote:
Why? He's not a household name, he's not a champion, he's not going to battle for a championship, he has barely raced the last two years...
Why? He's not a household name, he's not a champion, he's not going to battle for a championship, he has barely raced the last two years and most importantly he has no upside whatso ever. They can get Joey at a pretty low price and check out his potential on the 450. He's much younger than Grant and has the potential to go out and run inside the top 5.
No upside ? LAME POST
stewie94
7/20/2018 9:11am
aroark247 wrote:
Personally I'd lean more towards Wilson, Bogle or Seely (if he does return). But that's just my opinion.
FroDiddy wrote:
There's more potential with Savatgy.

We already know what the other 3 guys are.
joey over cole???? no sir....
ACBraap
Fantasy
450th
7/20/2018 9:39am
Joey is on the way up and Josh is on the way out. Both great riders, but factories are always trying to keep something coming. They...
Joey is on the way up and Josh is on the way out. Both great riders, but factories are always trying to keep something coming. They have Eli as the team leader and it will give Joey time to mature and progress.
Josh has been out for years, he just keeps hanging out by the door and managing to sneak back in for short bits.
psg119
7/20/2018 9:49am Edited Date/Time 7/20/2018 9:51am
Kyle_McNab wrote:
Ya I think he deserves a shot he’s the only pc guy that’s came close to winning a championship a couple times. Seely had a similar...
Ya I think he deserves a shot he’s the only pc guy that’s came close to winning a championship a couple times. Seely had a similar 250 career without the mx wins joey has. I do think he needs a change in his program as this season hasn’t been too great but he’ll be a fine 2nd guy for kawi.
Also the only PC guy to throw away a couple of championships in the past couple of years.
bowser977
7/20/2018 10:16am
JG is a bad dude, I think he should keep the Monster Kawi ride.
kkawboy14
7/20/2018 10:17am
All teams: mandatory 3 rider teams

Post a reply to: Savatgy/Grant

The Latest