Savatgy 450 ride

VilloFan951
Just got to thinking about this I think they talked about it on pulp but where will Joey go for his 450 ride?? Will he take Grants spot at kawi?
|
King KTM
3/24/2018 11:01pm
Just got to thinking about this I think they talked about it on pulp but where will Joey go for his 450 ride?? Will he take...
Just got to thinking about this I think they talked about it on pulp but where will Joey go for his 450 ride?? Will he take Grants spot at kawi?
Is Grant done after this year?
KirkChandler
Fantasy
278th
3/24/2018 11:03pm
I don’t know. There’s going to be a lot of guys with longer resumes looking for rides. He needs to win to make sure he’s got a decent ride next season. He has no results in 450s and hasn’t dominated in 250.

Grant has fit in well at Kawasaki. Factory Kawasaki hasn’t brought a PC guy into the Factory truck since Weimer and RV.
VilloFan951
3/24/2018 11:03pm Edited Date/Time 3/24/2018 11:03pm
Just got to thinking about this I think they talked about it on pulp but where will Joey go for his 450 ride?? Will he take...
King KTM wrote:
Is Grant done after this year?
I do not know how long his contract was for, I probably should of thought about that before putting that in there.
VilloFan951
3/24/2018 11:04pm
I don’t know. There’s going to be a lot of guys with longer resumes looking for rides. He needs to win to make sure he’s got...
I don’t know. There’s going to be a lot of guys with longer resumes looking for rides. He needs to win to make sure he’s got a decent ride next season. He has no results in 450s and hasn’t dominated in 250.

Grant has fit in well at Kawasaki. Factory Kawasaki hasn’t brought a PC guy into the Factory truck since Weimer and RV.
I could see Ac going there but also have heard Steve say Honda wanted him for 250 ride maybe they think the same for 450?

The Shop

KirkChandler
Fantasy
278th
3/24/2018 11:10pm
I could see Ac going there but also have heard Steve say Honda wanted him for 250 ride maybe they think the same for 450?
AC signed a 2 year extension with Kawasaki last year for 18 and 19. Honda courted him heavy.

AC is the heir apparent to Tomac at Kawasaki in 2020.

Grant’s contract is up at the end of this year.

The only 450 rides secured for the next year and possibly more already.
Musquin
Tomac
Anderson
Roczen
Osborne
Hill

Everyone else is racing for a ride.
Lightning78
3/25/2018 2:36am
I don’t know. There’s going to be a lot of guys with longer resumes looking for rides. He needs to win to make sure he’s got...

I really can't see Joey doing better than Josh Grant and I'm sure Josh Grant rides for a helluva lot cheaper....
Crush
3/25/2018 2:41am Edited Date/Time 3/25/2018 2:41am
Pretty hard to take him instead of AP/AC or McElrath imo... and that's assuming you have a spot or think any of them are actually better than someone like Deano or Grant or Peick... Cause I think there is every chance those guys would eat the three of them up.
philG
3/25/2018 3:07am
This is what happens when you dont go up when you should, without the rule change , he would already be in there , now he will have to go up with a bunch of others, and there wont be enough seats .

Grant is likely to be out at Kawi, and rumours are that Eli hasnt and isnt going to re-sign . For me Plessinger is the key, he is the only 250 guy i am looking at if i am a team manager.
3/25/2018 3:27am
philG wrote:
This is what happens when you dont go up when you should, without the rule change , he would already be in there , now he...
This is what happens when you dont go up when you should, without the rule change , he would already be in there , now he will have to go up with a bunch of others, and there wont be enough seats .

Grant is likely to be out at Kawi, and rumours are that Eli hasnt and isnt going to re-sign . For me Plessinger is the key, he is the only 250 guy i am looking at if i am a team manager.
Where are these rumors about Tomac coming from? He's not even 4 months into the multi year contract he signed a year ago.
philG
3/25/2018 3:46am
Where are these rumors about Tomac coming from? He's not even 4 months into the multi year contract he signed a year ago.
I either read it on here , or maybe something that was said on the Pulp Show if that isnt the case , then fair enough.

More bums than seats, IMO having 2 250 teams for SX , and not enough places for them to go into 450 is stupid, thats why 450 is spilt pretty much in half , with so many privateers in the mix. It needs second supported teams like Suzuki and Kawasaki to be there ,
Martini637
3/25/2018 4:58am
i dont see kawi signing him to a 450 ride, i bet they are holding that spot for AC when his time is up in the lites class
Ramrod
Fantasy
1692nd
3/25/2018 5:07am
The answer is simple. 450 Teams need to field 3 riders. That way when 1-2 get injured you at least have 1 guy on the track and don’t have to scramble to find a fill in. Adjust the pay scale so they can
budget this in, create more jobs and get these 250 riders spots on teams without turfing good riders like Grant.

Look at Yamaha, Webb rode injured last night and for what? Just to have a Yamaha in the field. That’s dangerous and just stupid.
MxKing809
Fantasy
334th
3/25/2018 5:07am
He needs to go wherever a bike is with a planted front end....
VilloFan951
3/25/2018 8:50am
I do agree tho we need more spots on teams. So many good riders are gonna be left out but I can understand that it’s expensive to have 3 riders on a team
early
Fantasy
2231st
3/25/2018 9:53am
Thought Eli signed a 2 year extension halfway thru the outdoors last year. I bet kawi is keeping a seat open for AC in 2020 so whoever gets the 2019 ride will probably be a 1 year deal.

Realistically the series should do away with the 250 east and west and just have a 250 and 450 series. Teams can run 3 riders in each series so instead of having 2 450 and 4 250 riders its still 6 per manufacturer. It may be cheaper too to add a 450 and take away a 250.
gt80rider
3/25/2018 10:30am
Ramrod wrote:
The answer is simple. 450 Teams need to field 3 riders. That way when 1-2 get injured you at least have 1 guy on the track...
The answer is simple. 450 Teams need to field 3 riders. That way when 1-2 get injured you at least have 1 guy on the track and don’t have to scramble to find a fill in. Adjust the pay scale so they can
budget this in, create more jobs and get these 250 riders spots on teams without turfing good riders like Grant.

Look at Yamaha, Webb rode injured last night and for what? Just to have a Yamaha in the field. That’s dangerous and just stupid.
The problem is, we think teams have been shrinking lately, but we haven't seen Anything yet. What if there are only 6 legit 450 rides available 2 years from now?
mb60
3/25/2018 10:45am
Plessinger will be on a 450 yamaha next year pretty sure of that.

Anderson will not be leaving Husky and will be joined with Osborone.
Ramrod
Fantasy
1692nd
3/25/2018 10:50am
Ramrod wrote:
The answer is simple. 450 Teams need to field 3 riders. That way when 1-2 get injured you at least have 1 guy on the track...

gt80rider wrote:
The problem is, we think teams have been shrinking lately, but we haven't seen Anything yet. What if there are only 6 legit 450 rides available...
The problem is, we think teams have been shrinking lately, but we haven't seen Anything yet. What if there are only 6 legit 450 rides available 2 years from now?
I don't have the solution in terms of money for the teams BUT just wish they would have 3 riders.
Ramrod
Fantasy
1692nd
3/25/2018 10:56am
mb60 wrote:

Do you think Husky goes with 2 or 3 450 riders? Deano would get clipped in your scenario although he is proving to be a good wingman.

I like the 3 rider 450 team scenario (again, just dreaming). I want them to make room for the guys that need to move up (AC, Savatgy, Pless, Martin, Davalos, Craig

A 450 team of Anderson, Wilson and Osborne would be really good. A top tier guy and two 2nd tier riders with all the possibility to be in tier 1 also.

Kawasaki could be Tomac, Grant and Savatgy (year later, Grant or Joey out, AC in)

Yamaha: Webb, Barcia, Plessinger

etc...
crockett
3/25/2018 11:11am
simple solution, when your riders get injured hire a privateer. its a lot cheaper for the teams. tyler bowers anyone
devindavisphoto
Fantasy
3887th
3/25/2018 4:15pm Edited Date/Time 3/25/2018 4:15pm
I have a tough time seeing where Savatgy goes next year. I don't see him going to a factory team, he just makes too many little mistakes that will really really cost him in the 450 class. I can see him landing on an Rocky Mountain ATV/MC type team, Motoconcepts, etc.

With that being said, there isn't a lot of wiggle room for rides next year. Isn't McElrath, Plessinger, and perhaps a few more moving up full time?
Honda - Seely and Roczen
Kawasaki - Tomac and Grant
KTM - Musquin and Tickle
Husqvarna - Anderson and Wilson (and Osborne*?)
Yamaha - Open slot?
Suzuki - Peick and Hill (Bogle?)
Rocky Mountain - Baggett and open slot?
Motoconcepts - Brayton and open slot?
RockRiver - Open slots?
mb60
3/25/2018 4:50pm
mb60 wrote:

Ramrod wrote:
Do you think Husky goes with 2 or 3 450 riders? Deano would get clipped in your scenario although he is proving to be a good...
Do you think Husky goes with 2 or 3 450 riders? Deano would get clipped in your scenario although he is proving to be a good wingman.

I like the 3 rider 450 team scenario (again, just dreaming). I want them to make room for the guys that need to move up (AC, Savatgy, Pless, Martin, Davalos, Craig

A 450 team of Anderson, Wilson and Osborne would be really good. A top tier guy and two 2nd tier riders with all the possibility to be in tier 1 also.

Kawasaki could be Tomac, Grant and Savatgy (year later, Grant or Joey out, AC in)

Yamaha: Webb, Barcia, Plessinger

etc...
I'm not sure if Husky will have 3 riders but I hope Wilson get's to stay. I don't think Webb stays at yamaha in my opinion.

I like the idea of 3 riders on a team but not sure if they could afford it. In my opinion only riders I see for sure worth a 450 ride right now are Osborne, AC and Plessinger. Going to be tough on Mc Elrath and Savatgy to secure good rides on a factory team.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
3/25/2018 5:04pm Edited Date/Time 3/25/2018 5:20pm
I have a tough time seeing where Savatgy goes next year. I don't see him going to a factory team, he just makes too many little...
I have a tough time seeing where Savatgy goes next year. I don't see him going to a factory team, he just makes too many little mistakes that will really really cost him in the 450 class. I can see him landing on an Rocky Mountain ATV/MC type team, Motoconcepts, etc.

With that being said, there isn't a lot of wiggle room for rides next year. Isn't McElrath, Plessinger, and perhaps a few more moving up full time?
Honda - Seely and Roczen
KTM - Musquin and Tickle
Yamaha - Open slot?
RockRiver - Open slots?
KTM - Tickle is on a 1 year deal.
Yamaha - Webb is moving on. Barcia most likely will sign an extension.
Husky - I'm assuming they'll fill 3 bikes. Osborne is riding the 450 outdoors. That's not cheap.
Suzuki - Bogle most likely out.
Sully
3/25/2018 5:08pm Edited Date/Time 3/25/2018 5:10pm
mb60 wrote:
I'm not sure if Husky will have 3 riders but I hope Wilson get's to stay. I don't think Webb stays at yamaha in my opinion...
I'm not sure if Husky will have 3 riders but I hope Wilson get's to stay. I don't think Webb stays at yamaha in my opinion.

I like the idea of 3 riders on a team but not sure if they could afford it. In my opinion only riders I see for sure worth a 450 ride right now are Osborne, AC and Plessinger. Going to be tough on Mc Elrath and Savatgy to secure good rides on a factory team.
I could see Shane going to Rocky Mountain, either as a replacement for Bloss, or with Bloss taking a pay cut/going incentive based. I think the same goes for Deano at Husky once Osborne moves up.

If Webb doesn't stay on Yamaha, though, where do you think he goes? I don't see KTM paying his asking price, especially when they already have Tickle putting in decent rides for (I'm sure) a lot less money.
RCMXracing
3/25/2018 5:37pm
Anyone see some of these diminutive riders like Webb and Osborne riding a 350? Big Blue too much for Webb to handle and Osborne is so Agro he’s likely to launch a 450 into space.
thorns
3/25/2018 5:46pm
I have a tough time seeing where Savatgy goes next year. I don't see him going to a factory team, he just makes too many little...

Honda - Seely and Roczen
KTM - Musquin and Tickle
Yamaha - Open slot?
RockRiver - Open slots?
-MAVERICK- wrote:
KTM - Tickle is on a 1 year deal. Yamaha - Webb is moving on. Barcia most likely will sign an extension. Husky - I'm assuming...
Husky - I'm assuming they'll fill 3 bikes. Osborne is riding the 450 outdoors. That's not cheap.
Was thinking about where Web ends up, and I dont have a clue anymore, always thought KTM, but his results may have hindered this move?

Would he maybe look to stay on blue another year seeing as he seems to be finally clicking a bit with the bike?
3/25/2018 6:00pm
RCMXracing wrote:
Anyone see some of these diminutive riders like Webb and Osborne riding a 350? Big Blue too much for Webb to handle and Osborne is so...
Anyone see some of these diminutive riders like Webb and Osborne riding a 350? Big Blue too much for Webb to handle and Osborne is so Agro he’s likely to launch a 450 into space.
No.

The 350 hasn't been developed at all in the last couple of years, and by all accounts from Kenny and Shorty, was a lot harder to ride at that pace.
ML512
Fantasy
54th
3/25/2018 6:13pm

Honda - Seely and Roczen
KTM - Musquin and Tickle
Yamaha - Open slot?
RockRiver - Open slots?
-MAVERICK- wrote:
KTM - Tickle is on a 1 year deal. Yamaha - Webb is moving on. Barcia most likely will sign an extension. Husky - I'm assuming...
thorns wrote:
Was thinking about where Web ends up, and I dont have a clue anymore, always thought KTM, but his results may have hindered this move? Would...
Was thinking about where Web ends up, and I dont have a clue anymore, always thought KTM, but his results may have hindered this move?

Would he maybe look to stay on blue another year seeing as he seems to be finally clicking a bit with the bike?
Webb could end up at JGR if they wanna stick with a three man team...
Scull79
3/25/2018 6:13pm

Honda - Seely and Roczen
KTM - Musquin and Tickle
Yamaha - Open slot?
RockRiver - Open slots?
-MAVERICK- wrote:
thorns wrote:
Was thinking about where Web ends up, and I dont have a clue anymore, always thought KTM, but his results may have hindered this move? Would...

I could still see him going to KTM. He does have some history with KTM in minis. He was also chosen by DeCoster riding for team USA at MXDN twice/once as team captain. I think a change of scenery would be good for him.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
3/25/2018 6:38pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
thorns wrote:

ML512 wrote:
Webb could end up at JGR if they wanna stick with a three man team...
JGR was my guess. I don't really see him landing on one of the other top teams unless he stays put at Yamaha. I guess it will depend on how the summer goes.

Peick will be staying put, Hill will be a 450 rookie so in my opinion it makes sense to bring on Webb. Not to mention he already has a history with JGR in the amateurs. He's also from that area right?

Been awhile since the 2 has been on yellow.

Post a reply to: Savatgy 450 ride

The Latest