Savatgy

ocmxrider01
Edited Date/Time 3/2/2021 12:50pm
You're super talented and a good dude. Don't let other peoples expectations, or what you think their expectations are get the best of you.

You're young and finding your way. Do you think any of us had our shit figured out at your age? Looking back I remember trying to live up to expectations, my father, my education, my career. It was real tough for me. Mentally it was tougher on me than others. At the time I thought others didn't have "problems." I thought I was the only one.

Now that I'm a little older I've realized ALL my friends have similar emotions, it's just not really talked about. Everybody has their demons. Even the champs.

From the outside looking in you're doing great, anyone would be blessed to be in your boots. You have your whole life ahead of you, it's not just the next race.

I just wanted to throw that out there, some positivity on this weekday. Best of luck Joey.
|
DC
2/23/2021 2:16pm
You're super talented and a good dude. Don't let other peoples expectations, or what you think their expectations are get the best of you. You're young...
You're super talented and a good dude. Don't let other peoples expectations, or what you think their expectations are get the best of you.

You're young and finding your way. Do you think any of us had our shit figured out at your age? Looking back I remember trying to live up to expectations, my father, my education, my career. It was real tough for me. Mentally it was tougher on me than others. At the time I thought others didn't have "problems." I thought I was the only one.

Now that I'm a little older I've realized ALL my friends have similar emotions, it's just not really talked about. Everybody has their demons. Even the champs.

From the outside looking in you're doing great, anyone would be blessed to be in your boots. You have your whole life ahead of you, it's not just the next race.

I just wanted to throw that out there, some positivity on this weekday. Best of luck Joey.
Your avatar is from one of my favorite random scenes in The Royal Tennenbaums.

DC
Racer X
ShawdowGlen
2/23/2021 2:20pm
DC wrote:

DC
Racer X
I love that movie. My wife and I saw it in the theater when it came out and we were laughing thru the whole movie. The other patrons were not. I guess both of us have a warped sense of humor.

The Shop

skeef
Fantasy
1421st
2/23/2021 3:11pm
The best thing Savatgy can do is get off social media. If anything is bad for your head it's that. He's a couple years older than me, but I deleted everything after a nasty breakup and it helped me get my head right. You start realizing what is important in life and what isn't real quick when you digitally isolate yourself.
bvm111
2/23/2021 3:42pm
is he trying to figure out who the “we” is he is always referring to on the stand???
Spat24
Fantasy
856th
2/23/2021 5:24pm
So - he is not lining up at the next race??
tingo
2/24/2021 6:59am
As Don pointed out, the OP's post is in reference to this:

Not really something to joke about, but I understand that some of you didn't have the context.

Be well, Joey - it does get better.
bvm111
2/24/2021 7:40am
This must be replaying in his head over and over ...

duckdog77
2/24/2021 8:14am
skeef wrote:
The best thing Savatgy can do is get off social media. If anything is bad for your head it's that. He's a couple years older than...
The best thing Savatgy can do is get off social media. If anything is bad for your head it's that. He's a couple years older than me, but I deleted everything after a nasty breakup and it helped me get my head right. You start realizing what is important in life and what isn't real quick when you digitally isolate yourself.
Agreed! Vital is the only form of social media I use. My last year on any platform would have been around 2012. Don’t regret the decision one bit!
ocmxrider01
2/24/2021 10:06am
You're super talented and a good dude. Don't let other peoples expectations, or what you think their expectations are get the best of you. You're young...

DC wrote:

DC
Racer X
Haha for sure.

"Well, everyone knows Custer died at Little Bighorn. What this book presupposes is... maybe he didn't."
ocmxrider01
2/24/2021 10:08am
bvm111 wrote:
This must be replaying in his head over and over ... [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/02/24/480192/s1200_527669EB_F0B4_467A_B5BC_3A90661D2AFF.jpg[/img]

I think it's replaying in your head
DC
2/24/2021 11:44am Edited Date/Time 2/24/2021 12:06pm

DC wrote:

DC
Racer X
Haha for sure.

"Well, everyone knows Custer died at Little Bighorn. What this book presupposes is... maybe he didn't."
Haha, this hangs in my house--a "Custer's Last Stand" print that Anheuser-Busch gave out to bars that they supplied beer to. Every time I see The Royal Tenenbaums I think of Eli Cash's book! When I was a kid I was fascinated by General Custer, America's patron saint of lost hope and foolish ambition, but now I just think the poster's history in beer marketing and rewriting Custer is the really interesting thing about it...

DC
Racer X
three9zero
2/24/2021 12:10pm
I just followed him on F/B inasta.....He's not a quitter, I like that.
Brent
2/24/2021 1:00pm

JM485
2/24/2021 1:13pm
Brent wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/02/24/480230/s1200_Image_2_24_21_at_12.57_PM.jpg[/img]

“No good deed goes unpunished”
bvm111
2/24/2021 1:42pm
bvm111 wrote:
This must be replaying in his head over and over ... [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/02/24/480192/s1200_527669EB_F0B4_467A_B5BC_3A90661D2AFF.jpg[/img]

I think it's replaying in your head
it has a few times.... i mean yeah i was there that night and it was such a bad ass pass for the championship... never forget it!!!

what’s your point?
2/24/2021 1:58pm
Brent wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/02/24/480230/s1200_Image_2_24_21_at_12.57_PM.jpg[/img]

Which half did he keep 😉
2/24/2021 2:02pm
Back on topic, its brave of Savatgy to put himself out there on this issue. Hope he looks past the pressure, works things out, and can focus on riding to his potential.
TeamGreen
2/24/2021 3:25pm Edited Date/Time 2/24/2021 3:27pm
dirtwalker wrote:
Back on topic, its brave of Savatgy to put himself out there on this issue. Hope he looks past the pressure, works things out, and can...
Back on topic, its brave of Savatgy to put himself out there on this issue. Hope he looks past the pressure, works things out, and can focus on riding to his potential.
This...aka...EXACTLY.

I'd be pretty damn stoked ot see Joey step back into his groove and get his shit figured out. We all know he has speed: he just needs to put it all together.

That's what I'm digging about this year...there's SO MUCH talent out there. Tho, I'd be even more stoked to see BB4 backTF out there, too!

To all parties involved: #LETBLAKERIDE

Is it time for some "WhereTF is Blake?" T-Shirts? Grinning
2/24/2021 4:00pm
dirtwalker wrote:
Back on topic, its brave of Savatgy to put himself out there on this issue. Hope he looks past the pressure, works things out, and can...
TeamGreen wrote:
This...aka...EXACTLY. I'd be pretty damn stoked ot see Joey step back into his groove and get his shit figured out. We all know he has speed...
This...aka...EXACTLY.

I'd be pretty damn stoked ot see Joey step back into his groove and get his shit figured out. We all know he has speed: he just needs to put it all together.

That's what I'm digging about this year...there's SO MUCH talent out there. Tho, I'd be even more stoked to see BB4 backTF out there, too!

To all parties involved: #LETBLAKERIDE

Is it time for some "WhereTF is Blake?" T-Shirts? Grinning
Give Blake AC's bike while he's out....that would be cool to watch.
kkawboy14
2/25/2021 1:59am
What his head problems are is, him saying to himself as people pass him in a race:

“I cant ride this fast for that long!”

Friese has been saying that to himself for a long time and doesn’t let it bother him.
tickleme20
2/26/2021 11:04am
Poor Joey. He has always struck me as a "down" sort of guy (even when he WON, his 250 podium speeches tended to be dejected and full of sighs) who takes his lumps a bit harder than the others. Nothing wrong with that, just the way he is. MX/SX is an extremely mentally and physically demanding sport which can break down even the most resilient riders. Being an overthinker and depression-prone, as I suspect Joey is, can be a massive handicap to an otherwise talented athlete.

Joey has loads of talent, and has shown that he absolutely can compete with the top 5-10 guys. I hope he gets the treatment and mental coaching he needs so he can get out of his own way, and perform at a level that reflects his true abilities.
Yammyam
2/26/2021 11:42am
Joey seems to get a lot of shit for his attitude and whatnot, and reading that stuff probably doesn't help at all. I think it's time for everyone to start spreading some positivity to this dude, I mean he's a good guy and I'm sure if he gets his head right he can turn things around.
Jmicmoto13
2/26/2021 1:19pm
tingo wrote:
As Don pointed out, the OP's post is in reference to this: [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/02/24/480186/s1200_joey.jpg[/img] Not really something to joke about, but I understand that some of you...
As Don pointed out, the OP's post is in reference to this:

Not really something to joke about, but I understand that some of you didn't have the context.

Be well, Joey - it does get better.
I am not a Savatgy fan at any level and generally don't like the guy. Having said that, I have a lot of respect for his post and putting it out there. I think we're all struggling at some level given the last 12 months and varying degrees of discomfort we have experienced. Respect.
CPR
2/26/2021 3:30pm
Certainly a brave move by Savatgy, all power to him.

And if you’ve looked at his riding this year (it’s been easy to over look him), he certainly has the speed. Some races (or part of), have been sneaky good.

Good luck Joey, hope you work it out.
dedi684
2/27/2021 7:59am
DC wrote:

DC
Racer X
Haha for sure.

DC wrote:
Haha, this hangs in my house--a "Custer's Last Stand" print that Anheuser-Busch gave out to bars that they supplied beer to. Every time I see The...
Haha, this hangs in my house--a "Custer's Last Stand" print that Anheuser-Busch gave out to bars that they supplied beer to. Every time I see The Royal Tenenbaums I think of Eli Cash's book! When I was a kid I was fascinated by General Custer, America's patron saint of lost hope and foolish ambition, but now I just think the poster's history in beer marketing and rewriting Custer is the really interesting thing about it...

DC
Racer X
Wow its been years but as a child i was a big custer fan
lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
2/27/2021 11:27am Edited Date/Time 2/27/2021 11:28am
bvm111 wrote:

It seems he will never get over it that's for sure and he was also losing positions right and left in that race so I don't think he has a strong mental game now either. Lots of speed and talent but weak in the mental part of racing. He needs to get his head straight or he will just fade away.

Post a reply to: Savatgy

The Latest