Create New Tag

9/13/2019 7:45 AM

Taken from pourcels post since the interview is transcribed. Photo

|

9/13/2019 7:48 AM

This needed it's own thread because?

|

9/13/2019 8:17 AM

Because it’s funny to point out that Tomac didn’t say give him any money which most people thought and he also didn’t even say thanks

|

9/13/2019 8:19 AM

Didn't need a new thread bro

|

9/13/2019 8:19 AM

40acres wrote:

This needed it's own thread because?

not going to lie, I am curious if tomac responds.

|

9/13/2019 8:20 AM

Tomac was gonna pass him anyway.

|

9/13/2019 8:21 AM

I still think Tomac was gonna move him in the next corner.

|

9/13/2019 8:23 AM

|

9/13/2019 8:30 AM

Hilarious this is coming from Pourcel because he never tipped his mechanic, not a single time, even though he won tons of races here in the US.

Still, Eli should definitely have given Savatgy a cut.

|

9/13/2019 8:32 AM

This is why you don't pull over!

|

9/13/2019 8:45 AM

disbanded wrote:

This is why you don't pull over!

And that's EXACTLY the lesson that Joey said he's learned!

|

I ripped a start from Egypt and I was happy about that.

9/13/2019 8:49 AM

I have no idea how these insured payouts work for a race like that, but is it possible that if the insurance company learned that Eli paid Savatgy for moving over that it could potentially void the payout? Just a theory, but who knows.

|

9/13/2019 8:53 AM

Probably why he didn’t pull over and let him
Pass this year at unadilla when tomac was riding backwards

|

9/13/2019 9:04 AM

A simple "thanks man" would have at least shown some decent character though.

|

9/13/2019 9:07 AM

For the love of God, what if he would just confront Eli about this instead of whining in interviews/social media

|

9/13/2019 9:10 AM

Not sure what's happening at MCR Honda, but he should take a job over there, if they're offering anything to him. Probably a good payday, summers off. He might like the change of pace and do well on a Honda. I know there has been a lot of talk about him going to JGR Suzuki, and that could be a good deal too, but it could be a Win-Win for both MCR and Savatgy.

|

9/13/2019 9:12 AM

hvaughn88 wrote:

I have no idea how these insured payouts work for a race like that, but is it possible that if the insurance company learned that Eli paid Savatgy for moving over that it could potentially void the payout? Just a theory, but who knows.

Not to mention Vegas isn't the best place to engage in match fixing, point shaving, etc. Not acknowledging that Savatgy let him by gives Tomac plausible deniability if the insurance company or DA starts asking questions.

I doubt any of this is running through his mind, though.

|

9/13/2019 11:16 AM

All that coming from a guy that got punted by Osborne......

|

9/13/2019 11:25 AM

Lesson learned !

I’m pretty sure that if you were in his shoes, you’d be feeling the same way. He may not make everyone happy with how he comes off in the interview, but Joey has good reason to feel the way he does about it, IMO.
Tomac could have parked Joey on his way to the front, which is the argument, I get it... but he could've gone down in the process as well.
A simple thanks or a nice dinner after the race would’ve been a nice thing to do. Not even acknowledging the move by Joey was pretty class-less, in my opinion !!

|

9/13/2019 11:30 AM

The lesson that Osborne gave him didn't teach him a lesson? Those moments changed his career, now this past outdoor season he was the guy that couldn't finish a moto regardless of whose fault it was. I like this dude he needs a makeover before it's too late.

|

9/13/2019 12:17 PM

Photo
|

9/13/2019 12:20 PM

Narwhal wrote:

I still think Tomac was gonna move him in the next corner.

JS says he had a deal with Eli and his dad to get him second place $. 3 sides to every story.

|

9/13/2019 12:36 PM

Bramlett321 wrote:

The lesson that Osborne gave him didn't teach him a lesson? Those moments changed his career, now this past outdoor season he was the guy that couldn't finish a moto regardless of whose fault it was. I like this dude he needs a makeover before it's too late.

Nice guys finish last.

|

GP740
Since 1987

9/13/2019 12:41 PM

Tomac was coming fast. No way Joey was going to hold him off. He wilted and pulled over because he knew Tomac was flying.

|

9/13/2019 12:44 PM

2 threads, 1 whiny rider, 0 winners who listened to podcast or commented on Vital.

|

Old MXer turned Superfan.

9/13/2019 12:50 PM

hamncheeze wrote:

2 threads, 1 whiny rider, 0 winners who listened to podcast or commented on Vital.

You sure talk a lot of shit. Go back and look at all your comments on everything you replied too. Get a life loser.

|

9/13/2019 1:10 PM

I was more disappointed in Tomac not acknowledging the birth of JS's child. That's harsh af.

|

9/13/2019 1:10 PM

Had I know this was going to be another TMZ-MX thread, I would have never clicked on it. Be interesting to hear Eli's side. I mean, if you're into this kind of thing.

|

9/13/2019 1:35 PM

hvaughn88 wrote:

I've been told they're not insured.

|

9/13/2019 1:41 PM

Man.....this guy is getting blown out for his interview. He's still a great rider and i'm sure a great guy. The interview doesn't define him and too much is being made of this. He just vented some frustrations and it may have come out wrong. Let's give him a break and move on.

Esq. Moto-520

|