Savatgy

motomike137
Edited Date/Time 6/27/2017 10:12am
What's eating Joey? I know the way SX ended probably put a good size dent in his confidence but last year he was a force for most of MX and he seems to be just a shell this year. In fact the whole 250 class is a little sideways imho besides Osborne and Plessinger?
|
motomike137
6/27/2017 7:47am
That's really nothing new, I guess I just expected more from Savatgy based on the arc of his progress the last 2 years.
IWreckALot
6/27/2017 8:42am
I'll probably get smeared for this but I honestly don't think Savatgy will ever win a championship. He's had two opportunities in SX and just didn't get it done. There's always a mental struggle at a couple of rounds that seems to just wipe him out. He's 63 points out right now. Without his bike problems, he would still be at least 38 points back.
kkawboy14
6/27/2017 8:43am
IWreckALot wrote:
I'll probably get smeared for this but I honestly don't think Savatgy will ever win a championship. He's had two opportunities in SX and just didn't...
I'll probably get smeared for this but I honestly don't think Savatgy will ever win a championship. He's had two opportunities in SX and just didn't get it done. There's always a mental struggle at a couple of rounds that seems to just wipe him out. He's 63 points out right now. Without his bike problems, he would still be at least 38 points back.
Consider yourself smeared! Well that's what she said.....

The Shop

Falcon
Fantasy
798th
6/27/2017 9:32am
IWreckALot wrote:
I'll probably get smeared for this but I honestly don't think Savatgy will ever win a championship. He's had two opportunities in SX and just didn't...
I have to agree. I hope he proves me wrong because I like the kid, but it seems like he has trouble sealing the deal.
mikec265
6/27/2017 9:47am
He's probably spending too much time at night eating hot wings and drinking beer at Hooters... but it might be bike problems and fast competition.
The Martin's, Osborn, 23, and his teammates don't make it easy.
Big Ragu
6/27/2017 10:09am
That's really nothing new, I guess I just expected more from Savatgy based on the arc of his progress the last 2 years.
When I read "arc of his progress" this is what popped into my head...He always seems to build momentum only to fall short at the end when it counts.

deluxeman
6/27/2017 10:12am
IWreckALot wrote:
I think you are correct. It must be the green bikes that do it to people. Eli has the same problems. Either bike issues or mental meltdowns ruin their seasons.
Ramrod
Fantasy
1751st
6/27/2017 10:16am
I have thought since SX that he isn't as fast as last year, just a tick off.

His bike and the competition could be it, the Yamaha's are super fast in that class.

I'm sure he's working his ass off at RC's place no doubt!
walent215
6/27/2017 11:57am
I'm way more disappointed in Hills performance in the outdoors. I thought he was gonna put it on em
Ramrod
Fantasy
1751st
6/27/2017 12:01pm
walent215 wrote:
I'm way more disappointed in Hills performance in the outdoors. I thought he was gonna put it on em
Hill is getting smoked. I don't recall any consistent notable results outdoors from him before, maybe a podium at GH or somewhere?

He's either underprepared, not fast enough, or not into it as much as SX.
aeffertz
6/27/2017 2:30pm
walent215 wrote:
Same. Super disappointing.

I'm still waiting on the big mistake or bike issue from Osborne that will tighten the points back up and A Mart sneaks in there.

I imagine any confidence Savatgy built up after SX was crushed with all the bike issues.
Zycki11
6/27/2017 2:37pm
Dear lord 6.8 oz baby Jesus, please let AC go to Yamaha
6/27/2017 2:39pm
IWreckALot wrote:
I agree and I hate to say that but I think it's true. Even last year outdoors he was the points leader going into Red Bud I think and never saw it again. He just started pulling off during motos and crashing. Very weird.

Post a reply to: Savatgy

The Latest