Sand section opinions AFTER the race

edgo897
2/26/2018 9:17am
My seats overlooked the sand section and it was total mayhem every lap, especially for the back of the pack guys. The top guys were amazing most of the time but even they got sideways frequently. Every track needs a sand section like that.
nrosso391
Fantasy
2824th
2/26/2018 9:34am Edited Date/Time 2/26/2018 9:36am
Oldstyle wrote:
I thought the sand was awesome but like OP mentioned... that rythym lane with numerous options was bitchin. Not that anyone cares but I'd rather have...
I thought the sand was awesome but like OP mentioned... that rythym lane with numerous options was bitchin. Not that anyone cares but I'd rather have a rythym lane with tons of options instead of sand, although both are fun to watch
I AGREE. That rhythm lane on paper looked boring and predictable. Then they took out the camelback just thing and added that step on-off and made 3 different ways you could do the section. It's probably the first time I've been impressed with a rhythm section in a decade. Dirt Wurx really pussed out on making more jumps in the sand like the original plan was. The design that was planned was too many jumps, that I agree with. But don't just make it a rolling whoop section. Add another double or triple in there. Would've been awesome to see about 6 of those large singles in a row to jump thru.
Johnny Depp
2/26/2018 9:39am Edited Date/Time 2/26/2018 1:50pm
A great addition that should be expanded upon the lessons learned. Riders falling or stalling without getting hurt (I bet Reed was glad he had e-start) really mixes up the action and makes for a better show. The sand flying makes for great visuals too, kind of reminds me of the Snowcross dudes.

What else can be done that adds the "obstacle course" element, which is where the roots of SX began? I think most would have predicted this would not work, but it is an example of old things being new again. Kudos to the track designers/ builders and Feld for thinking outside the box.

RacerX does a great job compiling the history of these "gimmicks".

http://racerxonline.com/2014/05/14/the-list-ye-olde-supercross-obstacles

http://racerxonline.com/2013/11/07/the-list-race-format-innovations-and…

The Shop

Aron213
2/26/2018 1:45pm
The Miami SX back in 1989 was pretty much beach sand for the entire track. Watching Bradshaw on his first 125 SX race was just an added bonus!

Post a reply to: Sand section opinions AFTER the race

The Latest