Sand added to Southwick

ehr400
6/26/2017 4:01am
IceMan446 wrote:
Wait until Ione MX takes the place of Hangtown next year.

Should be epic with the sand track they have.
oilman400 wrote:
When might there be a race at said Hangtown replacement??? And is it dirt digger approved??
langhammx wrote:
Damn... finally, someone actually paid attention. Rumor has it that Hangtown might've held their last national. I'll just leave this right here - [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/06/25/201923/s1200_IMG_8350.jpg[/img]
Damn... finally, someone actually paid attention.

Rumor has it that Hangtown might've held their last national.

I'll just leave this right here -

Is that the one Keefer was at right before the National? Old sand pit or something?
langhammx
Fantasy
581st
6/26/2017 9:39am
ehr400 wrote:
Is that the one Keefer was at right before the National? Old sand pit or something?
Yup Wink
motomike137
6/26/2017 9:46am
The series is lacking a good variety of surface and dirt types IMO which gives different riders a chance to shine in the type of dirt/terrain...
The series is lacking a good variety of surface and dirt types IMO which gives different riders a chance to shine in the type of dirt/terrain they grew up riding in or are better at. Just another variable. I know I looked forward to sandy tracks and mud didn't worrry me as much cause of the track I grewup racing on
I love that they are doing this, it should really enhance the place. As for the different dirt types at our tracks I think they do exist but it seems they go out of there way to prep them so they end up very similar on race day. Look how Muddy Creek turned out after not being ripped super deep. Southwick should be epic and oh by the way this week's race is at Redddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd Budddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Shop

RonJon516
6/26/2017 11:39am
dedi684 wrote:
It was nice [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/06/25/201896/s1200_19441762_663459653857472_5775336305824215040_o.jpg[/img]
It was nice

This is the same section but earlier in the day before the whoops were huge!
slipdog
6/26/2017 11:54am
ehr400 wrote:
langhammx wrote:
Yup Wink
Been waiting for it to get good in here...

It's a hell of a lot more than just an old sand pit, that's for sure!
dedi684
6/26/2017 12:14pm
RonJon516 wrote:
Awesome day for sure !
You really had to be on your toes in some sections where you used to be able to be lazy. People were throwing it away everywhere! I did 4 motos no crashes I'm happy. Lol
Sixeightone
6/26/2017 12:40pm
I live 25 minutes from Southwick. It is my least favorite track hands down. I was not sad when they were closed. I don't understand why people love it so much. That track does nothing but ruin bikes and collarbones.
etccb
6/26/2017 12:47pm
ehr400 wrote:
langhammx wrote:
Yup Wink
slipdog wrote:

Does it have the needed and required facilities, pits and access for the fans and team rigs?
RonJon516
6/26/2017 1:04pm
RonJon516 wrote:
Awesome day for sure !
dedi684 wrote:
You really had to be on your toes in some sections where you used to be able to be lazy. People were throwing it away everywhere...
You really had to be on your toes in some sections where you used to be able to be lazy. People were throwing it away everywhere! I did 4 motos no crashes I'm happy. Lol
Haha, I did notice an awful lot of people crashing for some reason. I didn't crash either but had some very close calls. Towards the end of the day there was nowhere to relax. Even the berms were whooped out lol
slipdog
6/26/2017 1:10pm Edited Date/Time 6/26/2017 1:15pm
langhammx wrote:
Yup Wink
slipdog wrote:

etccb wrote:
Does it have the needed and required facilities, pits and access for the fans and team rigs?
I don't speak for anyone involved with the facility in regards to future events so if they want to chime in they can. As far as the facility itself, they have the capability and manpower to build anything you could possibly imagine. This is a far different kind of facility than the moto industry is use to.

Google map:

mtl
6/26/2017 1:58pm
As someone who lived in Boston for 7 years and rode Southwick regularly AND someone who has ridden Ione Sands here in Cali. I actually strapped on the MX11 to ride Ione.

I will say that they are two different tracks. Ione has the backing and potential to be a national track, but the hills are a very hard base. That hard base makes for some big ass jumps that are super fun, something Southwick will never have.

Whereas Southwick has a soft-ish base everywhere and is sandy on every square inch of the track.

Both are amazing tracks, just different.
IceMan446
6/26/2017 2:51pm Edited Date/Time 6/26/2017 2:52pm
IceMan446 wrote:
Wait until Ione MX takes the place of Hangtown next year.

Should be epic with the sand track they have.
oilman400 wrote:
When might there be a race at said Hangtown replacement??? And is it dirt digger approved??
langhammx wrote:
Damn... finally, someone actually paid attention. Rumor has it that Hangtown might've held their last national. I'll just leave this right here - [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/06/25/201923/s1200_IMG_8350.jpg[/img]
Damn... finally, someone actually paid attention.

Rumor has it that Hangtown might've held their last national.

I'll just leave this right here -

Hangtown was on the last year of their contract and I don't think it has been re-upped.

BUT Ione has to have facilities in place and show a ton of improvement to the grounds and pit area in the next 6 months. If they can't get it to MXSports liking then I think it goes back to Hangtown and the following year Ione.

I do think they can get it handled though, they have the funds and the equipment to get it done thats for sure.

I also heard possibly one year at Ione and one year at Hangtown just alternating years. Not sure if that has as much traction as the Ione national but what I heard.
IceMan446
6/26/2017 2:54pm
slipdog wrote:

etccb wrote:
slipdog wrote:
I don't speak for anyone involved with the facility in regards to future events so if they want to chime in they can. As far as...
I don't speak for anyone involved with the facility in regards to future events so if they want to chime in they can. As far as the facility itself, they have the capability and manpower to build anything you could possibly imagine. This is a far different kind of facility than the moto industry is use to.

Google map:

Didn't read your post first but I agree.

They actually have something of a gold mine in the sense of a national caliber sand track and facility.

And like you said they have the means to make pretty much what ever they want.
IceMan446
6/26/2017 2:55pm
langhammx wrote:
Yup Wink
slipdog wrote:

etccb wrote:
No but they are on a timeline and they can get it done if they want to make it happen.
etccb
6/26/2017 3:51pm Edited Date/Time 6/26/2017 3:52pm
I hope they make it happen. We need a euro style deep sand track and the improved southwick both in our us series imo.
Drotis
6/27/2017 10:41am
IceMan446 wrote:
Hangtown was on the last year of their contract and I don't think it has been re-upped. BUT Ione has to have facilities in place and...
Hangtown was on the last year of their contract and I don't think it has been re-upped.

BUT Ione has to have facilities in place and show a ton of improvement to the grounds and pit area in the next 6 months. If they can't get it to MXSports liking then I think it goes back to Hangtown and the following year Ione.

I do think they can get it handled though, they have the funds and the equipment to get it done thats for sure.

I also heard possibly one year at Ione and one year at Hangtown just alternating years. Not sure if that has as much traction as the Ione national but what I heard.
IceMan446,

Your information on Hangtown is not correct. Not even close, Dirt Diggers are sill under contract with Mxsports. Keep an eye on Ione Sands Facebook and Instagram for the most up to date info.

Post a reply to: Sand added to Southwick

The Latest