San Diego SX & Gaslamp Quarter

Related:
Create New Tag

2/4/2018 8:37 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/4/2018 8:38 PM

Hello Vital members! My gf and I are headed to The San Diego SX and are staying right next to Petco park this weekend for the SX through all day Sunday, We are driving and then putting the vehicle in park Friday AM in the Gaslamp Quarter area until we leave. First time to Gaslamp, been to Mission Beach & Pacific Beach and the Pacific Coast north of there quite a few times. Plan on the USS Midway maybe besides a beach? Any other recommendations from you on the things to visit/do there between Gaslamp and Coronado?

|

2/4/2018 8:50 PM

The Hotel del Coranado is pretty cool.

|

Instagram: vanillaice782
Amateur helmet painter

2/4/2018 9:00 PM

scrubz wrote:

Hello Vital members! My gf and I are headed to The San Diego SX and are staying right next to Petco park this weekend for the ...more

Walk to this place late nite.
good food

|

2/4/2018 9:53 PM

If you're into spanish food, Cafe Sevilla is amazing. https://www.yelp.com/biz/cafe-sevilla-san-diego

If you want amazing steak, nothing can beat Cowboy Star. https://www.yelp.com/biz/cowboy-star-san-diego

|

2/4/2018 10:03 PM

The midway is cool if your into museums and history. I remember driving to most touristy places but that was awhile ago.

|

2/4/2018 10:15 PM

Midway is definitely close enough to walk to from the ball park. I'd also hop the ferry to Coronado and check out the Del, then on the way back, stop by Coronado Brewery for a great beer and equally good food. I'd also hit up Seaport Village before it goes away as well.

|

2/4/2018 10:19 PM

Maybe venture out of that area a bit and hang out at some more “local” areas. North park, normal heights university heights, South Park. Mostly just awesome bars and restaurants.

|

2/4/2018 11:37 PM

Check out Hodads for some bomb burgers

|

2/4/2018 11:48 PM

The Field is a great Irish Bar, done 3 New Years Eve's there.

|

2/5/2018 6:20 AM

Park it on Market- city subsidized parking, 1/3 of the price of anywhere else. You will thank me later.

|

2/5/2018 7:37 AM

Even though I’m only 30 Miles north of Petco this is my first SX in the new location. Any tips on parking? I don’t want to do the train/trolley. Should I just head to the stadium and go where they point me?

|

2/5/2018 7:52 AM

VilloFan951 wrote:

Check out Hodads for some bomb burgers

Don’t bother! (My opinion)

|

2/5/2018 7:54 AM

KennyT wrote:

Even though I’m only 30 Miles north of Petco this is my first SX in the new location. Any tips on parking? I don’t want to do ...more

There are a lot of city lots around you could park at for $20 or so. Several right by 163, 11th ave if you wanted to walk to the venue and try to avoid setting in traffic even longer.

|

2/5/2018 8:18 AM

I went indoor skydiving at iFly while waiting for my flight outta there, I recommend it!

Photo

|