San Diego SX 2011

bvm111
Edited Date/Time 1/24/2012 10:29am
I was hoping to get some good info regarding the San Diego Event from those who have been before. I will be home on my 2 week R&R from this wonderful place I have been serving in and it looks like I will be able to make either A2 or San Diego and since both me and wife love San Diego I will most likely go there. I know the area pretty well and usually stay down by the gas lamp district at the convention center Marriott and I am sure there will be some good after parties in the GLD.... but what about events during the day, getting to and from the event...where the best seats are in the stadium etc?

Any help would be appreciated from the VITAL crowd, I can’t wait to be home and hope to make it a memorable night!!!

Thanks everyone!

BVM

|
DanDunes818
12/16/2010 10:18am
I don't know anything about the night life/after party scene but when I went to San Diego SX it was one of the best races I've ever been to. It was 2005 and MC holeshotted. Then RC went by and left everyone but then out of nowhere CR crept up and passed RC straight up on the last lap, stuffing RC in a corner while RC was dealing w/lappers, to win it.. I was really close to the track but like most SX races there really isn't a bad seat in the house. I think if you're a CR fan it's probably the best shot you have to watch him win. I think he's won 3 times in SD (more than any other venue) and for some reason always does well there. Don't know if it's the dirt or what it is but his confidence there is at times untouchable.
englishman
12/16/2010 10:24am
You can catch the trolley to and from the stadium save the hassle of parking etc.
12/16/2010 10:32am
Listen to englishman and take the trolley. If you can find a hotel near a station, so much the better. Make sure to hit "Dick's Last Resort" for some good eats.
downandup
12/16/2010 10:38am
Gas Lamp is too touristy. PB is where it's at for parties and night life. Better hotter, younger chicks there anyway. If you want high maintainance, older broads, Gas Lamp has it.

Post a reply to: San Diego SX 2011

The Latest