San Diego Mudder...

Edited Date/Time 2/2/2019 6:25pm
The forecast does not look promising at the moment, let's hope they are wrong...
|
Talisker
1/28/2019 4:36am Edited Date/Time 1/28/2019 4:36am
Weather people are usually never right. What other job proffesion do you know where you cam be wrong 80% of the time and still be employed?
Dirtydeeds
Fantasy
2888th
1/28/2019 6:09am
Talisker wrote:
Weather people are usually never right. What other job proffesion do you know where you cam be wrong 80% of the time and still be employed?
Paid liars! Whats the difference between mostly sunny and partly cloudly?

The Shop

BAMX
1/28/2019 6:31am
On the plus side, they are never right. On the downside, this storm is way too big for them to be that wrong. So far, we have been getting more rain than they have been forecasting.
1/28/2019 10:58am
It's scary when the forecasts says "chance of rain", because it usually pours hard when they don't expect it....and when they forecast "biblical amounts of rain", it just sprinkles.....regardless of how severe the storms are this week it looks like it will likely be a wet/sticky race if not a complete mudder. But it's San Diego, so no one will know until Saturday.

Barcia is licking his chops for another wet race...

clinthadwin
1/28/2019 11:32am
Really hope they're wrong, but it's not looking good. -_-
nrosso391
Fantasy
2824th
1/28/2019 12:52pm
Talisker wrote:
I've said that for years. HOW THE HELL can you keep your job if you are wrong MORE THAN 80% of the time? They have millions of dollars invested in weather instruments and its maybe 20% accurate any given day. They should just walk outside to tell the weather that day. AND they make 6 figures a year to lie to us all..
devindavisphoto
Fantasy
3875th
1/28/2019 1:14pm
Talisker wrote:
nrosso391 wrote:
I've said that for years. HOW THE HELL can you keep your job if you are wrong MORE THAN 80% of the time? They have millions...
I've said that for years. HOW THE HELL can you keep your job if you are wrong MORE THAN 80% of the time? They have millions of dollars invested in weather instruments and its maybe 20% accurate any given day. They should just walk outside to tell the weather that day. AND they make 6 figures a year to lie to us all..
Determining the weather can be inconsistent and is based on multiple factors that can all contribute to the actual weather and ultimately predicting the weather is as simple as that, predicting it... but it's understandable when uneducated people don't comprehend these things and blame the person trying to feed their family.
clinthadwin
1/29/2019 7:40am
Yea, it's looking like nearly 100% chance it's going to be wet. Rain from Thursday to Monday.

Barcia's dream scenario: Not much jumping (all butt hurt and such) and sloppy conditions.

Should be interesting.
BR8ES
1/29/2019 10:11am
What will newest FMOTP according to Vitards do in the mud?
robkinuk
1/29/2019 10:30am
Feld are trucking in tons of sand to mix with the local dirt and Glenn Coldenhoff has made a miraculous recovery from his Lommel crash and will be Roger DeCoster's wildcard for Sat. Night!Wink

LaughingLaughingWoohoo
AZ35
Fantasy
544th
1/29/2019 10:33am
Does anyone know if they were able to start building the track early, and then cover it before the rains start (like they did for A1)?
1/29/2019 10:46am
AZ35 wrote:
Does anyone know if they were able to start building the track early, and then cover it before the rains start (like they did for A1)?
The track is almost done. The chance of rain falls drastically after 5pm. If they keep the track covered until three and only allow one practice it could be okay for the night show. We will see.
Moto_Geek
Fantasy
1464th
1/29/2019 11:29am
AZ35 wrote:
The track is almost done. The chance of rain falls drastically after 5pm. If they keep the track covered until three and only allow one practice...
The track is almost done. The chance of rain falls drastically after 5pm. If they keep the track covered until three and only allow one practice it could be okay for the night show. We will see.
clinthadwin
1/29/2019 12:49pm
Yea, here's the forecast by hour as it stands....it's going to be interesting.

visser62
1/29/2019 12:52pm
Talisker wrote:
nrosso391 wrote:
I've said that for years. HOW THE HELL can you keep your job if you are wrong MORE THAN 80% of the time? They have millions...
Determining the weather can be inconsistent and is based on multiple factors that can all contribute to the actual weather and ultimately predicting the weather is...
Determining the weather can be inconsistent and is based on multiple factors that can all contribute to the actual weather and ultimately predicting the weather is as simple as that, predicting it... but it's understandable when uneducated people don't comprehend these things and blame the person trying to feed their family.
Don't know why you're being downvoted. People are dum-dums.
1/29/2019 2:43pm
nrosso391 wrote:
Determining the weather can be inconsistent and is based on multiple factors that can all contribute to the actual weather and ultimately predicting the weather is...
visser62 wrote:
I've never paid attention to this but I just noticed I got downvoted for starting this thread about a rain storm possibly affecting the race on Saturday night.... LOL!! Classic stuff on this site!
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
1/29/2019 2:53pm
nrosso391 wrote:
visser62 wrote:
It's literally because of who he is. Nothing to do with anything else.
1/29/2019 3:11pm
Definitely interested how this will play out. I fly in Friday afternoon for this weekends race. I’ve been to enough races to where if it’s so muddy to where they are rolling everything I’ll just go screw around in gas lamp instead of getting dumped on.
1/29/2019 3:15pm
Definitely interested how this will play out. I fly in Friday afternoon for this weekends race. I’ve been to enough races to where if it’s so...
Definitely interested how this will play out. I fly in Friday afternoon for this weekends race. I’ve been to enough races to where if it’s so muddy to where they are rolling everything I’ll just go screw around in gas lamp instead of getting dumped on.
Yeah it is not worth even going. The ticket is a sunk cost already so no point in wasting the time if it is raining, just watch it later.
DPR250R
1/29/2019 4:03pm
I've never paid attention to this but I just noticed I got downvoted for starting this thread about a rain storm possibly affecting the race on...
I've never paid attention to this but I just noticed I got downvoted for starting this thread about a rain storm possibly affecting the race on Saturday night.... LOL!! Classic stuff on this site!
People might be thumbs downing the rain... not you or the thread.

How many down votes do you think you would gotten right before 2017 Vegas for the thread you started?
portx
1/29/2019 4:34pm
How many of the riders are going to whine about rain if it does? It's motorcycle racing, get over it and ride or don't show up.
1/29/2019 4:40pm Edited Date/Time 1/29/2019 4:41pm
Yeah it is not worth even going. The ticket is a sunk cost already so no point in wasting the time if it is raining, just...
Yeah it is not worth even going. The ticket is a sunk cost already so no point in wasting the time if it is raining, just watch it later.
To each their own.. but dang bro, makin west coasters look soft! Wink

Glad I didn't have this mindset for the 1997 High Point mudder.. otherwise I would've missed that sweet sweet Bradshaw victory Woohoo
1/29/2019 4:48pm
I've never paid attention to this but I just noticed I got downvoted for starting this thread about a rain storm possibly affecting the race on...
DPR250R wrote:
People might be thumbs downing the rain... not you or the thread. How many down votes do you think you would gotten right before 2017 Vegas...
People might be thumbs downing the rain... not you or the thread.

How many down votes do you think you would gotten right before 2017 Vegas for the thread you started?
I understand they could be thumbs downing the rain and not the thread, but now that I'm looking around I noticed there are thumbs down everywhere....even the thread with chicks in bikinis has thumbs down?? I guess this just a sign that we live in a very different world today...seems most of this began within the last 5 years with the popularity of social media.

Looking back at the famous Eli "Bunch Them up" thread, I would've definitely set the all time record for thumbs down....hahahahaha what a classic!

https://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/Will-Tomac-bunch-them-up…

Post a reply to: San Diego Mudder...

The Latest