Salt Lake Track Maps

CJ Hadwin
Edited Date/Time 4/24/2021 6:13am
I'm not usually one to complain, because I just love watching racing....but these have to be the most boring looking tracks I've ever seen, and I've been watching Supercross since '84. I introduced my girlfriend to Supercross this season, and she won't even watch it now, she says it's boring and every track is the same. She absolutely loved Daytona, but that was it. This season has been plagued with boring tracks...but these? What is going on? Did Feld implement new regulations?

Literally no flair at all....this is supposed to be the end of the season, where is the excitement?!?

7 whoops (two sections but the other is 6 whoops)? Only 7 corners and 2 are 90 degree? This should be completely unacceptable. Where the hell is the creativity?

Not saying my girlfriend is the governing word on Supercross entertainment...but she's not wrong. This season was boring as #$%@ from a track design perspective.

Wrapping up the season with 29 lap main events is going to be super fun. -_- I'd be interested in seeing what the average lap times were this season for all tracks. My educated guess...48 seconds.

Very happy to have racing, but any one of us could design a more interesting track. We have not found a happy balance between safety and entertainment in my opinion. Whoever was designing tracks this season mailed it in for sure.

End rant. Still looking forward to Saturday!
|
GripNRip617
4/22/2021 9:34am
SLC 1 is better than SLC 2. I only see one passing opportunity on 2, on the 180 after the whoops.

Reminiscing about Vegas finales...
FGR01
Fantasy
1222nd
4/22/2021 9:37am
Spoiled by Atlanta Motor Speedway. Back to the small stadiums and cookie cutter designs.
CJ Hadwin
4/22/2021 9:37am
SLC 1 is better than SLC 2. I only see one passing opportunity on 2, on the 180 after the whoops.

Reminiscing about Vegas finales...
Agreed, 1 definitely has advantages over 2...couple extra bowl turns.

But same man...Vegas had creativity and flair and high speeds and launches into a sand sections, etc.

Speaking of which...no sand.

At all, in either track.

kingmcgrath
Fantasy
2nd
4/22/2021 9:39am
Those two sections at the top of the SLC1 map are garbage. Lot of real estate there for two standard jumps. Replace one with whoops and we're talkin.

The Shop

scootch
4/22/2021 9:40am
The finale race needs to be a different style of track. Like what we used to see in Sam Boyd Stadium each year. Feld dropped the ball.
ShawdowGlen
4/22/2021 9:48am
Brought this up in the other thread myself.

Happy to have racing at all. ...but these are cookie cutter, practiced to death same old-same old tracks.

I am spoiled after Atlanta.

CJ Hadwin
4/22/2021 9:48am
Thread is worthless without pics of your gf
Hahah! Best comment.

Unfortunately I'd rather keep her than up the entertainment value of the thread. lol
aeffertz
4/22/2021 10:20am Edited Date/Time 4/22/2021 11:06am
Why aren’t they going out of the stadium? This is a tiny stadium. They should’ve just ran the track they never built last year.

ShawdowGlen
4/22/2021 10:31am
aeffertz wrote:
Why aren’t they going out of the stadium? This is a tiny stadium. They should’ve just ran the track they never built last year. [img]https://i.imgur.com/8qrljnv.jpg[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/ZFH3hnW.jpg[/img]
Why aren’t they going out of the stadium? This is a tiny stadium. They should’ve just ran the track they never built last year.

Apparently....dirt is expensive.

It is a bummer to not use the area that allows exiting and re-entering the stadium.

SPODEBOY
4/22/2021 10:53am
Monster is trying to give Eli every advantage
Stuntman949
4/22/2021 10:58am
The elevated turn was the most unique thing in a stadium this year. Change my mind
CJ Hadwin
4/22/2021 11:39am
SPODEBOY wrote:
How does this give Eli any advantage? No whoops, boring and easy rhythm sections, no sand...no speed...this is the exact opposite of Eli-centric tracks.
stremme12
Fantasy
3693rd
4/22/2021 11:45am
When they have a 90 before a triple they should leave that run up super short. That always seems to make a perfect passing opportunity at least for the 250 class. Make them go wide to clear it.
Shaft721
4/22/2021 12:04pm
CJ Hadwin wrote:
I'm not usually one to complain, because I just love watching racing....but these have to be the most boring looking tracks I've ever seen, and I've...
I'm not usually one to complain, because I just love watching racing....but these have to be the most boring looking tracks I've ever seen, and I've been watching Supercross since '84. I introduced my girlfriend to Supercross this season, and she won't even watch it now, she says it's boring and every track is the same. She absolutely loved Daytona, but that was it. This season has been plagued with boring tracks...but these? What is going on? Did Feld implement new regulations?

Literally no flair at all....this is supposed to be the end of the season, where is the excitement?!?

7 whoops (two sections but the other is 6 whoops)? Only 7 corners and 2 are 90 degree? This should be completely unacceptable. Where the hell is the creativity?

Not saying my girlfriend is the governing word on Supercross entertainment...but she's not wrong. This season was boring as #$%@ from a track design perspective.

Wrapping up the season with 29 lap main events is going to be super fun. -_- I'd be interested in seeing what the average lap times were this season for all tracks. My educated guess...48 seconds.

Very happy to have racing, but any one of us could design a more interesting track. We have not found a happy balance between safety and entertainment in my opinion. Whoever was designing tracks this season mailed it in for sure.

sounds like you need a new girlfriend.
CJ Hadwin
4/22/2021 12:09pm
CJ Hadwin wrote:
I'm not usually one to complain, because I just love watching racing....but these have to be the most boring looking tracks I've ever seen, and I've...

Shaft721 wrote:
sounds like you need a new girlfriend.
Why? Because even though she's a non-biased new comer to the sport, she can recognize that it's been boring af this year? lol

Thanks for your input, but I'd rather just have interesting tracks.
Leeham
Fantasy
3084th
4/22/2021 12:27pm
SPODEBOY wrote:
Reach a little more
Leeham
Fantasy
3084th
4/22/2021 12:32pm
Nearly all the stadium tracks look the same because we had zero races in baseball stadiums, only football stadiums.

With these boring layouts, it seems like Cooper will be the champ. Unless something catastrophic happens like a DNF/injury. Im not gonna bitch too much because AT LEAST we had racing this year. Looking forward to the outdoors! Hopefully a dry Washougal happens, looking to see actual fast guys race a *local* track!
Question
4/22/2021 1:13pm Edited Date/Time 4/22/2021 1:16pm
Back to startcross a bit indeed. That said, everything can happen especially on these kind of tracks. If Webb crash at 1 round, it could be hard to get better than top 8, while on 2 third of the factory field. A crash at the start at a A1 like that and it is a 12 or 14..
mx_phreek
Fantasy
230th
4/22/2021 4:27pm
These last 3 races spoiled me, looking at these tiny tracks that will be start dependent does nothing for me. meh
Fantasy
2106th
4/22/2021 4:42pm
aeffertz wrote:
Why aren’t they going out of the stadium? This is a tiny stadium. They should’ve just ran the track they never built last year. [img]https://i.imgur.com/8qrljnv.jpg[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/ZFH3hnW.jpg[/img]

They built new seating and now the entire stadium is enclosed!
ShawdowGlen
4/22/2021 7:39pm
917 wrote:
They built new seating and now the entire stadium is enclosed!
Then damn it....we go up into the stands!

Who's with me?

SilverSpurs
4/23/2021 4:53am
CJ Hadwin wrote:

Photo of girlfriend required.
TXDirt
4/23/2021 5:35am
Like always, the race will be determined in the first 75 feet. Followed by 20 minutes of follow the leader. That’s the pinnacle round of our sport. Give me 17 rounds at Atlanta.
endurox
4/23/2021 7:13am
Needs a sand section with boulders.
EngIceDave
4/23/2021 8:45am
aeffertz wrote:

Apparently....dirt is expensive.

It is a bummer to not use the area that allows exiting and re-entering the stadium.

My understanding that end is closed now. They built seats

Post a reply to: Salt Lake Track Maps

The Latest