Salt Lake SX

Old-Man
Edited Date/Time 4/22/2017 1:02pm
We'll be in one of the Club rooms any of you Peeps are attending. see if I can get some shots from the floor/pits to post

How many here plan on attending?
Think I can foresee GuyB saying "I was thinking about going"
|
hvaughn88
4/10/2017 5:12pm
I thought about going...but there's not enough triples so I'll pass
Chad McCan
4/10/2017 5:25pm
I'm going solo. I've never been to the stadium and hope the right ticket picks me Smile
lukaitis9
4/10/2017 6:38pm
In the immortal words of Guy B. "I was thinking of going"

Smile

The Shop

ML512
Fantasy
45th
4/10/2017 7:04pm
Yes, no, maybe so.
zehn
4/10/2017 7:26pm
ML512 wrote:
Yes, no, maybe so.
Yeah, no, for sure.
2slow4u
4/10/2017 7:41pm
good news is it doesn't look like we have snow on the forecast, i would still bring a coat though.
71Fish
4/10/2017 8:34pm
Me and the wife will be there.
ML512
Fantasy
45th
4/10/2017 9:02pm
zehn wrote:
Yeah, no, for sure.
Possibly not, could be a yes, but likely a no...on opposite day.
Old-Man
4/11/2017 9:17am
2slow4u wrote:
good news is it doesn't look like we have snow on the forecast, i would still bring a coat though.
How do you get a forecast couple weeks before along the Mountains?

As you can see we live on the "other side" of the Mountain range and getting a good forecast a day ahead is 50/50
2slow4u
4/11/2017 10:09am
Old-Man wrote:
How do you get a forecast couple weeks before along the Mountains? As you can see we live on the "other side" of the Mountain range...

As you can see we live on the "other side" of the Mountain range and getting a good forecast a day ahead is 50/50
our forecasts are usually pretty spot on, i've lived here since 2010 and they're usually pretty accurate. They're more likely to get the same day forecast wrong than they are weeks out. So far they're calling for spring weather the next 10 days and they were dead on the last few weeks where the weather was fluctuating between 38* and 76*.
4/13/2017 6:48am
Old-Man wrote:
How do you get a forecast couple weeks before along the Mountains? As you can see we live on the "other side" of the Mountain range...

2slow4u wrote:
our forecasts are usually pretty spot on, i've lived here since 2010 and they're usually pretty accurate. They're more likely to get the same day forecast...
our forecasts are usually pretty spot on, i've lived here since 2010 and they're usually pretty accurate. They're more likely to get the same day forecast wrong than they are weeks out. So far they're calling for spring weather the next 10 days and they were dead on the last few weeks where the weather was fluctuating between 38* and 76*.
Haha you're insane. Sure they're accurate the day before but it's tough to say a week ahead. Forecast is rain for Friday, that could easily move to Saturday.

PS, I lived in Slc for 6 years and currently about 200 miles west of there.

I hope weather is good though.
tylermx967
4/13/2017 1:59pm
WE ALREADY GOED TO DALLAS AFTER WE GET TICKETS FORM GREAT UNCLE HORSE FOR CRISTMAS. I WISH HE GO TO SALT LAKE I BE THERE ONCE FOR BIBEL CAMP AND REMBER THEY HAVE A TIRE SWING
C_Hart3
4/13/2017 2:08pm
If my sister wasn't getting married that day I would be there. I think she would kill me if I skipped her wedding for moto, especially since I'm in the bridal party...
DF313
Fantasy
2455th
4/13/2017 2:47pm
Didn't they plan to have the start at the very top of the stands the last time they came, but decided against it due to rain/snow? Why don't we try that again?
peelout
4/13/2017 2:50pm
Old-Man wrote:

2slow4u wrote:
our forecasts are usually pretty spot on, i've lived here since 2010 and they're usually pretty accurate. They're more likely to get the same day forecast...
bro i've lived here my entire life, our weather forecasters don't know their ass from a hole in the ground.

if the forecast calls for sun, bring a winter coat and some hand warmers
dgmx
4/13/2017 3:11pm
I will be there
SCOTT goggles back yard!
Titan1
4/14/2017 12:20pm
Old-Man wrote:

2slow4u wrote:
peelout wrote:
bro i've lived here my entire life, our weather forecasters don't know their ass from a hole in the ground. if the forecast calls for sun...
bro i've lived here my entire life, our weather forecasters don't know their ass from a hole in the ground.

This.

Trying to plan for an off road race here is impossible...especially in the spring...I just bring everything...coat, winter gloves, vented gear, rolls offs, tear offs...it could be raining in the morning, and sunny, hot and dusty by the afternoon, and then snowing on the way home...nobody knows whats going to happen tomorrow, let alone 8 or 10 days out.

Point is, peelout is correct...don't even bother looking at the forecast for Saturday until Friday...and even then, plan for hot, cold, wind, rain, snow, and don't forget your sunscreen. Utah Springs are crazy...
4/14/2017 12:51pm
C_Hart3 wrote:
If my sister wasn't getting married that day I would be there. I think she would kill me if I skipped her wedding for moto, especially...
If my sister wasn't getting married that day I would be there. I think she would kill me if I skipped her wedding for moto, especially since I'm in the bridal party...
I don't want you to die, but I think you should go..,
Old-Man
4/18/2017 1:58pm Edited Date/Time 4/18/2017 2:00pm
Hopefully we stay dry enough, I'm taking off at around 6AM picking friends up in Denver then hauling ass West...Putting my new pickup thru it's first long haul.
Hoping to get at least 16 MPG hwy but we'll see.

JVT357
Fantasy
3149th
4/18/2017 2:36pm
Old-Man wrote:
Hopefully we stay dry enough, I'm taking off at around 6AM picking friends up in Denver then hauling ass West...Putting my new pickup thru it's first...
Hopefully we stay dry enough, I'm taking off at around 6AM picking friends up in Denver then hauling ass West...Putting my new pickup thru it's first long haul.
Hoping to get at least 16 MPG hwy but we'll see.

Which motor do yo have in that thing? Ecoboost or V*8?
Old-Man
4/18/2017 6:47pm
JVT357 wrote:
Which motor do yo have in that thing? Ecoboost or V*8?
Eco Twin Turbo...thing gets up out of the hole like no tomorrow
2slow4u
4/18/2017 7:15pm
peelout wrote:
bro i've lived here my entire life, our weather forecasters don't know their ass from a hole in the ground. if the forecast calls for sun...

haha yeah i guess you're right, they seem to do pretty alright compared to other places i've lived. How about this rain tonight? Gonna get some moisture for OCA's open practice on Sunday!
Old-Man
4/18/2017 7:22pm Edited Date/Time 4/18/2017 7:22pm
peelout wrote:

2slow4u wrote:
haha yeah i guess you're right, they seem to do pretty alright compared to other places i've lived. How about this rain tonight? Gonna get some...
haha yeah i guess you're right, they seem to do pretty alright compared to other places i've lived. How about this rain tonight? Gonna get some moisture for OCA's open practice on Sunday!
What is that track called North of Ogden, up HWY15 think it's around Willard, Utah?

Anyway when I was there last (2008-20012) we visited that track, looked alright for the conditions.
Idaho747
4/18/2017 7:32pm
peelout wrote:

2slow4u wrote:
haha yeah i guess you're right, they seem to do pretty alright compared to other places i've lived. How about this rain tonight? Gonna get some...
Old-Man wrote:
What is that track called North of Ogden, up HWY15 think it's around Willard, Utah? Anyway when I was there last (2008-20012) we visited that track...
What is that track called North of Ogden, up HWY15 think it's around Willard, Utah?

Anyway when I was there last (2008-20012) we visited that track, looked alright for the conditions.
OCA (Ogden cycle assoc) I absolutely love that track.
2slow4u
4/18/2017 7:45pm
Yeah that's OCA, they added some new stuff over the winter but the track is completely different from the time you were here. It's all that's open in Northern Utah right now, the rest of our tracks are under water still.

Post a reply to: Salt Lake SX

The Latest