SX tv channel

just James
1/3/2016 8:22am Edited Date/Time 1/20/2016 10:29am
I am sure it has been discussed here, but I haven't been on here much in the off season.
What channel (channels?) are this year's supercross races going to be on?
Thanks
|
JeepnMike
1/3/2016 8:35am
FS1 and FS2:

http://supercrosslive.com/TV

For the first time in many years, I will not be bitching about FS2 or MavTV.. I finally quit Comcast after 18 years and switched to DirecTV (thank you AT&T).

malachi177
1/3/2016 10:21am
Can't watch it live this year....no Fox Sports Racing west of ManitobaEvilEvilEvilEvil
fpandjic
1/3/2016 10:59am
What about international availability? I guess we'll still have to use streams?
BobPA
1/3/2016 11:04am
fpandjic wrote:
Other countries besides the USA have the Internet?

The Shop

malachi177
1/3/2016 11:47am
fpandjic wrote:
BobPA wrote:
Apparently not! To live stream you have to be in the USA, use Hola (which is garbage and full of viruses/add ons etc) and switch your country of origin to the USA, same with the others. It all revolves around hiding the fact that you're from outside the continental US. It really is a joke that it's come to this. Guess it's just too damn hard to turn on your F$%^ng television to watch it...seeing as we have 200 channels and all.Pinch
fpandjic
1/3/2016 11:57am
fpandjic wrote:
BobPA wrote:
malachi177 wrote:
Apparently not! To live stream you have to be in the USA, use Hola (which is garbage and full of viruses/add ons etc) and switch your...
Apparently not! To live stream you have to be in the USA, use Hola (which is garbage and full of viruses/add ons etc) and switch your country of origin to the USA, same with the others. It all revolves around hiding the fact that you're from outside the continental US. It really is a joke that it's come to this. Guess it's just too damn hard to turn on your F$%^ng television to watch it...seeing as we have 200 channels and all.Pinch
I can turn on my TV but won't be able to watch because there is no channel that streams SX. I can't even watch MXGP live, but a day or two later (which isn't interesting as we all know the results by then).

I pay for MXGP streams and would pay for SX, if they would allow us to pay and watch it. That is why I'm asking, but I guess there are always some people who can't answer politely but have to be a smart ass...
jtiger12
1/3/2016 12:04pm
malachi177 wrote:
Can't watch it live this year....no Fox Sports Racing west of ManitobaEvilEvilEvilEvil
I can hook you up with my slingbox address if your interested
Juss
1/3/2016 12:49pm Edited Date/Time 1/3/2016 12:50pm
malachi177 wrote:
Get a hacked fire stick and Download the AMA channel. Problem solved
SEE ARE125
1/3/2016 1:04pm Edited Date/Time 1/3/2016 1:06pm
malachi177 wrote:
jtiger12 wrote:
Sling has Fox Sports? I considered getting it on my Roku, but didn't see Fox listed on their channel lineup.

EDIT: Nevermind, Slingbox is different than Sling TV.
mojoman42
1/3/2016 1:10pm
fpandjic wrote:
BobPA wrote:
malachi177 wrote:
Apparently not! To live stream you have to be in the USA, use Hola (which is garbage and full of viruses/add ons etc) and switch your...
Just pay for a VPN. A service like TunnelBear is just 6 bucks per month.
Josh422
1/3/2016 1:30pm
I tried to watch Supercross for the last two years online and it absolutely sucked. Either poor quality, the stream would quit half way through, or just studdered. I tried VPN's and even then I found the livestream to suck. If you go out to the bar and watch it, sure it's free but $100 bucks later comes your tab for sitting there for 3 hours. I finally signed up for Dish and made sure NBCSN, Mav TV, FS1 and FS2 were all available. This year should be nice.

I should note my internet is from a radio signal and probably not ideal for streaming online... although things like netflix and Hulu worked fine.
malachi177
1/3/2016 3:24pm
mojoman42 wrote:
Just pay for a VPN. A service like TunnelBear is just 6 bucks per month.
VPN?? I suck at acronymsLaughing
malachi177
1/3/2016 3:27pm
I'll give this a try EK, thx!! What was the quality like? I'd be fine with just a simple PPV to watch SX, like UFC...it can't be THAT hard
c_dub
1/3/2016 3:47pm Edited Date/Time 1/3/2016 4:27pm
Josh422 wrote:
I tried to watch Supercross for the last two years online and it absolutely sucked. Either poor quality, the stream would quit half way through, or...
I tried to watch Supercross for the last two years online and it absolutely sucked. Either poor quality, the stream would quit half way through, or just studdered. I tried VPN's and even then I found the livestream to suck. If you go out to the bar and watch it, sure it's free but $100 bucks later comes your tab for sitting there for 3 hours. I finally signed up for Dish and made sure NBCSN, Mav TV, FS1 and FS2 were all available. This year should be nice.

I should note my internet is from a radio signal and probably not ideal for streaming online... although things like netflix and Hulu worked fine.
Which Dish package do you have? Because if you look at their packages the way they have FS1 and FS2 split up pisses me off. One has to get to America's Top 200 package before they even get FS1 ($74.99/month and still no FS2 even though FS2 is included by itself in a lower package Angry ). In order to get both, it's America's Top 250 at $84.99/month. I like Supercross but I'm not doing that. Why they don't offer a pay-per-view stream (HD no less) in this day and age is beyond me.

c_dub
1/3/2016 3:50pm
Thanks EK! I might give this a try this year as well. Otherwise it's find a shitty stream or wait for the torrent to go up (and try not to find out the results in the meantime).
gt80rider
1/3/2016 3:54pm
Anybody tried watching the stream when using tor as a browser to hide the country of origin? Maybe that be an option...
zehn
1/3/2016 3:55pm Edited Date/Time 1/3/2016 3:56pm
gt80rider wrote:
Anybody tried watching the stream when using tor as a browser to hide the country of origin? Maybe that be an option...
I'm not sure how many Tor users we have on Vital...
c_dub
1/3/2016 3:56pm
gt80rider wrote:
Hmmm, good idea maybe...
disbanded
Fantasy
1842nd
1/3/2016 4:04pm
I forgot where my living room was
just James
1/3/2016 4:15pm
c_dub wrote:
Which Dish package do you have? Because if you look at their packages the way they have FS1 and FS2 split up pisses me off. One...
Which Dish package do you have? Because if you look at their packages the way they have FS1 and FS2 split up pisses me off. One has to get to America's Top 200 package before they even get FS1 ($74.99/month and still no FS2 even though FS2 is included by itself in a lower package Angry ). In order to get both, it's America's Top 250 at $84.99/month. I like Supercross but I'm not doing that. Why they don't offer a pay-per-view stream (HD no less) in this day and age is beyond me.

I have no doubt that this is at least part of the reason that all of the races are not shown on a single network. Forcing fans to purchase a very expensive package to see the whole series.
Whenever something seems to defy logic, just follow the money.
I guess that is the price we pay for getting to see so much uninterrupted racing during the broadcast. (Sarcasm)
c_dub
1/3/2016 4:29pm Edited Date/Time 1/3/2016 4:33pm
just James wrote:
I have no doubt that this is at least part of the reason that all of the races are not shown on a single network. Forcing...
I have no doubt that this is at least part of the reason that all of the races are not shown on a single network. Forcing fans to purchase a very expensive package to see the whole series.
I guess that is the price we pay for getting to see so much uninterrupted racing during the broadcast. (Sarcasm)
Probably not far from the truth. To be fair, I haven't looked into how other providers package FS1 and FS2 though. I was just curious with regards to DISH.
731chopper
Fantasy
390th
1/3/2016 4:53pm Edited Date/Time 1/3/2016 4:54pm
just James wrote:
I have no doubt that this is at least part of the reason that all of the races are not shown on a single network. Forcing...
The money to follow would be all of the ad money Fox Sports can make from dozens of other sports and programs being broadcasted over Supercross in many of the nights we go racing. Don't get me wrong, I agree that TV providers bundle their packages in ways to promote the higher/more expensive ones as much as possible but there's no way that Fox Sports split up the networks so the providers could sell more upgraded packages. We are a tiny blip on the radar buddy.
Josh422
1/3/2016 5:00pm
Josh422 wrote:
I tried to watch Supercross for the last two years online and it absolutely sucked. Either poor quality, the stream would quit half way through, or...

c_dub wrote:
Which Dish package do you have? Because if you look at their packages the way they have FS1 and FS2 split up pisses me off. One...

I think it depends on where you are located... I had a lengthy conversation with them prior to signing up and had to confirm several times that the channels I wanted were included. Costs me $64.99. They tried to sell me the highest package but I kept referring to the mailed advertisement that I had.
c_dub
1/3/2016 5:08pm
Josh422 wrote:
I think it depends on where you are located... I had a lengthy conversation with them prior to signing up and had to confirm several times...
I think it depends on where you are located... I had a lengthy conversation with them prior to signing up and had to confirm several times that the channels I wanted were included. Costs me $64.99. They tried to sell me the highest package but I kept referring to the mailed advertisement that I had.
Hmmm, interesting. I was just going off what they had listed on their website.

So you received a mail offer that included both channels at $64.99?
Josh422
1/3/2016 5:16pm
c_dub wrote:
Hmmm, interesting. I was just going off what they had listed on their website.

So you received a mail offer that included both channels at $64.99?
Correct, I have FS1/FS2, NBCSN. MAV TV is part of a movie channel package that I can add on at anytime for $10. I'll just add it on during outdoor and then take it off at the end of the season (if they air on that channel this year).

Starcrossed
1/3/2016 5:19pm
Verizon FiOS has FS1, FS2, MavTV, NBCSN, & CBSSN (MXGP), all in HD, and all part of the basic package except for CBSSN which is part of a package which costs an additional $10/mo.

I've spent many a race chasing the streams, and feel all of your pain. Sounds like EK has a decent hookup. There will be plenty of options in the race day thread on Jan 10.
malachi177
1/3/2016 5:32pm Edited Date/Time 1/3/2016 5:52pm
livego.tv looks to be good, but I'll have to call them to see what's up. Setting up online isn't working too smoothly. I've registered, and I keep entering my info/card # (3 times, 3 emails) and it says sorry card denied. Well that is BS. I just called my card provider and they said there's been zero attempts to make the first months paymentBlink So something is a miss. Good thing I started this now and not next SatLaughing
malachi177
1/3/2016 5:35pm Edited Date/Time 1/3/2016 5:39pm
malachi177 wrote:
jtiger12 wrote:
I just saw this. Thanks! Might be worth a shot :-)
gharmon
1/3/2016 6:44pm
Josh422 wrote:

As far as I know Dish and MavTv weren't able to come to an agreement with each other. I missed the entire outdoors because of that bullshit last year as I was only one year into my two year contract.

Post a reply to: SX tv channel

The Latest